Ladies, are you eagerly awaiting the day of Karva Chauth? Surely, the butterflies have begun to flutter in your tummy as the D-day aka Dress up day, draws in closer. A very important day for all married women, we all pray that this day passes smoothly, with everything falling in its right place.
This blog is, therefore, dedicated to all you amazing women and don’t forget to put your feet up, and relax!
Image courtesy: http://www.indiamarks.com
To ensure it is a hiccup-free day, just follow these simple and easy-to-implement list and you will sail smoothly:
Image courtesy: http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/
1. Be proactive – prepare beforehand: The best way to avoid last-minute glitches, is to prepare beforehand. So think through and keep your outfit for the D-day ready, at least a week in advance, if not less. Plan the fitting sessions judiciously so as to avoid last minute measurement issues. Don’t forget the accessories, shoes and beautiful clutches that you plan to team along with your amazing outfits.
Image courtesy: http://www.beautyglimpse.com/
2. Book the mehendi appointment: Applying mehendi is an integral part of the Karva Chauth tradition, so book your appointment early to avoid waiting in a long queue. Needless to say, select and be ready with the most awesome design, one that looks the prettiest on your lovely hands.
Image courtesy: http://www.boldsky.com/
3. Plan the Karva Chauth menu: As per the tradition, women are supposed to eat delicious food items at dawn i.e. before sunrise, when the stars are still there in the sky (taaron ki chaaon mein). Items like parathas, phenia, milk and a mouth-watering sweets are generally eaten. So plan the menu in advance so that you can go shopping to fetch all the ingredients well ahead of the main day.
4. Prepare items in advance: Once you have decided on the menu and done a bit of shopping, prepare and ready some items which have a longer shelf life. For example, grind the chutney, keep the mathris ready a day or two in advance (many ladies prefer to have the traditional mathris as their first morsel when they break their fast).
5. Increase fluid intake: Grandmas and old aunts always mentioned to increase the intake of water and liquids the night before and during the early morning eating session so that you can manage the whole day without water. So keep tea, water or any juices handy so that you are comfortable the whole next day.
Image courtesy: http://udaipurtimes.com/
6. Call your best friends over: Be mentally prepared; the hunger pangs are going to trouble you on the main day. To keep your mind occupied and boredom at bay, call your besties. Plan some fun group games so that you all can have a fun time together.
Image courtesy: http://happykarvachauthimages.in
7. Thali Decoration Competition: A decorative thali is an extremely important element of this festival. This puja thali called ‘Baya’ and contains key elements like earthen clay pots, sweets, vermilion, sacred water. So while you catch up with your gang, why not plan a ‘Thali Decoration competition.’ Give your imagination a creative flight and let’s all come up with the most awesomely striking and pretty thali. Keep some goodies and gifts handy to award the winner of the best-looking thali.
8. One on one with Mom and Mom-in-law: Remember to discuss the traditional nuances and minute details with the bosses of the Family – Mom and Mom-in-law. This will ensure that you are on the right track and match up to their high expectations. Don’t miss out on discussing the lovely goodies that Mom-in-law has decided to include as a part of your ‘Sargi.’
9. Remind your dearest husband to be home early on that day. It’s a weekday this year, so remind him to be there on time. As you already have to wait for the moon to make an appearance, the last thing you want is to wait for him too!
10. Throw subtle hints: Dying to make that beautiful necklace or lavish sari your own? Karva Chauth is the best time to ask for it. Throw subtle hints at your husband indicating your liking for them. If he is smart enough, he will read through them and that most desired gift will be yours on this special day. Alternatively, you may also buy him a special present, one that speaks volumes of your love for him.
Image courtesy: http://www.hearthsidecabinrentals.com/blog/
11. Reserve the evening for that special candle-light dinner date: If you decide not to spend the evening in the kitchen rather make reservations for that special dinner date with your soul mate. Spend some quality time together and make it an evening to remember.
12. Keep the camera up and running: Remind your husband to keep the camera ready so that you guys can capture some of the beautiful moments of your togetherness. These priceless moments will act like cherished memories in the years to come.
We are sure, you will feel much at ease after reading through this list. Tick off the items that are completed and work on completing the pending ones. Wish you all a very Happy Karva Chauth! May all your dreams and aspirations come true!