Jeans & Jeggings for Women
Getting dressed every day is a stressful job for women. Even though we love dressing up, deciding what to wear is tedious. We find nothing to wear even with an overflowing closet. There are days when we just don’t want to deal with the stress of choosing clothes. At times like that, jeans are what we can always count on to come through for us. We can wear jeans literally every day and pull it off effortlessly. Limeroad gives you an array of choices to make sure you get the perfect jeans you are looking for.
How It All Started
The world’s first jeans were invented by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss in 1873. They were meant to be a workwear for men. But that’s history. Today jeans are more than an item of clothing, they’re a phenomenon. Be it, men or women, no wardrobe is ever complete without a pair of jeans. Everyone today, from celebrities to college going girls just can’t get enough of these. They are super chic, from sexy skinny jeans to casual boyfriend jeans. Jeans are the ultimate casual wear. They can be made into an up-styled smart casual office wear or a punky and grungy look.
The jeans we wear today have seen a plethora of modifications till date. What started as a workwear turned out to be the most happening piece of a garment of all times that people never got tired of. It was during World War II that women first started wearing jeans. Women in pants were frowned upon then. But the brave women who became a symbol of war efforts did not hesitate to break some rules. After all, rules are meant to be broken right? This brought about a cultural revolution by breaking several gender stereotypes and patriarchy. After this jeans become increasingly popular and by 1950s, jeans became the most favorite choice for women. There has been no turning back since then.
Jeggings are a cross between leggings and jeans. Leggings, as we know, are hands-down the most comfortable kind of bottomwear you can wear. If you feel leggings are too basic or skinny jeans are too uncomfortable, jeggings are your lifesavers. They look like skinny jeans when they actually are as comfortable as leggings. They may have waistbands like leggings or zips and buttons like jeans.
Whatever you need, jeans or jeggings, Limeroad has the best brands with the best varieties all under one roof.
Get The Right Size
Finding the “right” jeans is a very important task since jeans last for a very long time. Consider the following factors while deciding what size jeans you actually need:
- Waist: Waist is the most difficult dimension to alter when it comes to jeans. The folds either are too thick and causes discomfort when you wear them or the shape of the jeans is entirely lost when you try to alter the waist. So, make sure your the waist of your jeans fit you perfectly. To know your size, simply wrap a measuring tape around your waist and round the number you get to a whole number. There is little variation across different brands so always make sure you check it before you make your final purchase. The same goes for jeggings that have buttons and zip closures.
- Length: Altering the length is a simple task. But even though it happens very rarely, sometimes the leg silhouette can lose its shape when altered. So pay a little attention to that as well.
- Now that you have decided the size of your pants, make sure to give a 360-degree test run before deciding if it is perfect for you. Don’t hesitate to jump or do a squat or sitting to make sure it feels comfortable because you are going to wear those jeans or jeggings while doing all that in your everyday routine.
Rise And Shine
Next thing to consider is the rise that your pants should have. The rise of the pant decides how your leg looks when you wear jeans. So, know how each type suits your leg.
High rise: These sit very close to your belly button. They make your legs look longer and thus, make you look taller. So if you’re short, these are perfect for you.
Mid rise: These sit in the area between the belly button and the hip. These are perfect for hiding you muffin tops.
Low rise: These sit closer to the hip rather than the belly button. These give a defined look to your legs and make your torso look longer.
Stretch ‘em Out
Jeans & jeggings slowly become a part of your body if you wear them long enough. So it is important to make sure your jeans have the right kind of stretch so that you can work them right. Here are the kinds of stretches available:
- Comfort stretch: Not as comfortable as the name suggests. This has a very little amount of stretch so the blood keeps flowing in your legs. If you have bulky thighs and need to give them a definite shape, this one’s for you.
- Regular stretch: This gives a normal level of stretch.
- Power stretch: This is the kind we see in skinny jeans. They stretch and fit around your legs as they move.
- Ultimate stretch: This is the newest one in the group. This is actually a blend of many fabrics so it is super soft and gives the ultimate stretch and fit your jeans.
- Warp denim: This is a little different than the others. Rather than giving a horizontal stretch, it gives a vertical stretch that gives room for the jeans to be flexible up and down.
The Style Guide
Phew! Who knew jeans had so many technical details? Enough of that. Now let’s see how the jeans are visible to the outside world, ie., the styles that jeans come in. Buckle up, this is going to be a long ride.
- Jeggings: That’s right. Jeggings are a kind of jeans itself. They are perhaps the most comfortable of the kind. These are perfect for those busy days when you just have a lot of things to get done.
- Ripped jeans: These are the most common kind of jeans we see today. They have different kinds of rips on the leg of the jeans. Kim Kardashian to the girl next door, everyone wears them these days.
- Skinny jeans: These have a tight fitting but are usually stretchable so you feel comfortable at the same time.
- Super skinny: These are smart enough to be right work and also comfortable enough to be causal. Just the kind you need on Fridays, right?
- Straight/Cigarette leg: These are the perfect alternatives if you aren’t sure you can pull off skinny or super skinny jeans. They have a snug fit at the thighs and are straight through the leg to the ankle.
- Slim leg: These are like straight leg but are tighter towards the leg too.
- Boyfriend jeans: These have a loose, baggy fit around the legs but a good fit at the hips. These are super chic and is the most happening trend today.
- Boot cut: These are popularly called mom jeans. They fit snug till the knees and open up below that.
- Flared cut: Bell-bottoms! Very 90s. These are perfect to get that retro look.
Ultimately, it’s time to decide how you want your jeans to look. When everybody wears the same kind of jeans, it gives you little room to stand out from the crowd. Colors, washes, prints, embroidery etc. are the factors you can consider to personalize your jeans. We are very dedicated to making sure you know all that there is to get the perfect kind of jeans you need. Here is a quick guide:
- Colors: Although the classic jeans are different shades of black and blue, now you can get your jeans in any color in the spectrum. White is another popular choice these days.
- Wash: Jeans have many kinds of washes. From mild to heavy, the order goes like this: Rinse wash, Mid wash, Light wash & Acid wash.
- Distressed: It is in trend now to make the jeans look worn out before you wear them. And while these look random, they are anything but. There can be rips, scrapes, mild patches, or knee slits in the jeans that make them look worn out.
- Prints: Just to make sure you aren’t bored with your plain jeans, there are printed jeans too. But these are tricky to pull off because the prints on the top and the bottom pant might not match. It is better to keep one item solid when the other is printed.
All these and much more, in any brand you need. Limeroad is your one-stop destination to get any kind of jeans you need. Dive in and find your way to the perfect one. Jeans or jeggings, Limeroad has a huge collection of all these trends and much more. Take a look for yourself, we’re sure you’ll find exactly the one you had in your mind.
Last But Definitely Not The Least
- While owning a pair of jeans is pretty basic, it is important to wear it with the right kind of footwear to get the right look. Sneakers, shoes go with all kinds of jeans for casual looks. Stilettos, peep toes, and platforms are better with skinny jeans and more suited for work wear. Limeroad has those too, in case you want to check them out.
- Jeans need to be washed regularly and it is better to use a liquid detergent to avoid soap build-up in the jeans. Use plenty of water to rinse to remove the soap completely.
- Even though jeans don’t need ironing, make sure you do iron them once in a while to make sure they retain their shape.