The tradition of hookah smoking in India started from the time of Emperor Akbar in the late seventeenth century as a way of reducing potential harm from smoking. In your childhood, you must have seen your grandfather smoking a waterpipe in style, from then to now the hookah hasn’t changed much except for its design.
Today, hookah smoking has become a trend with friends and Shisha (Hookah) places have become the new hangout areas. What if you can enjoy a nice shisha gathering with friends at your own place? Lay your hands on one and enjoy a fun evening at home with your friends. Limeroad offers a variety of designs in hookah and choose from the best of prices online.
As it is debatable, hookah is preferable less harmful than smoking and is seemed to be a more preferred choice among many people. There is a lot of flavours added to hookah and you can enjoy an array of these flavours from mint, watermelon, chocolate, green apple to many more.
What Is Hookah?
It is an oriental water pipe with a flexible colourful tube attached to a glass bottle where the smoke is cooled and filtered by passing water. Hookah arrived in India during the seventeenth century and as researched it was invented by Irfan Shaikh, the physician of Akbar.
Components Of Hookah
Hookah comes in different shapes and designs, you can find an antique design to a contemporary beautiful glass hookah. The first ever hookah was constructed out of coconut and wood. It is said that longer the hookah, the better is the smoke quality. But then it becomes heavier to carry around, hence there are portable small sizes available as well depending on the use. The hookah features a hose, a pipe handle, tobacco head, glass vase, tray, release valve, hose gasket, and stem.
The material used in a hookah is mainly stainless steel or brass. The minimum height of a hookah ranges between 28 inches and 32 inches. The height plays quite a role in the performance of the smoke.
Limeroad brings to you the best of hookah brands online, choose a suitable designer hookah from the comfort of your home. The brands available on Limeroad are:
- Desi Karigar
- Anasa and
Tips To Maintain Hookah
- Maintenance of the hookah after use is important to give it a long life and better performance in the next use. The common products used to clean a hookah is water, baking soda, lemon juice and vase brush.
- Clean your hookah only after it has cooled down completely.
- Take apart all the components of the hookah and dump the tobacco from the tobacco head and also cleaning the tray. Remove the stem from the vase and clear out all the remaining water.
- Run down water through the stem to clean out the remaining particles.
- Clean the base and hose with warm water, rinse them thoroughly with the vase and stem brush. The inside of the stem can scrubbed with a few drops of lemon juice and teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Allow all the components to dry completely before its next use.
Tobacco Hookah Flavors
Certain hookah flavours are universal and are popularly known by everyone. Limeroad offers a complete range of tobacco flavors to choose from. Under one roof you can buy both the hookah as well its important component being the tobacco flavor. Some of the most popular flavours are mint, watermelon, green apple, strawberry and chocolate. You can also create your own blend flavors by mixing or adding in a few herbs.
Some people even keep a hookah at home as a decor piece due to its antique looks. It is just not something which can be used to smoke but also is a great gifting option. Some of the main considerations while buying a hookah is the height and the design. If you know someone who would love to have a hookah of their own, limeroad is the place to get you different styles and collection in hookah. Go ahead and experience a colourful range of hookah only on Limeroad.