Lingerie For Women
Lingerie is a type of women's clothing including undergarments, sleepwear and lightweight robes. The word lingerie itself gives its alluring, fashionable and classy quality. Lingerie is made of lightweight, stretchy, smooth, sheer or decorative fabrics such as silk, satin, Lycra, charmeuse, chiffon or lace which makes your skin feel good and give you comfort. These fabrics can be made of natural fibres like silk or cotton or of synthetic fibres like polyester or nylon which matches your style and need.
Lingerie is a word taken from the French language, meaning undergarments. It emphasis on the lightweight comforting cloth and giving immense happiness while sleep. The French word in its original form derives from the old French word linge, meaning 'linen'.
There is a variety of types available that would suit your style the best.
- Babydoll: As the name says a perfect classy and sexy wear. It’s a short nightgown, or negligee, intended as nightwear for women. A shorter style, it is often worn with panties. Babydolls are typically loose-fitting with an empire waist and thin straps.
- Basque: It is a type tight, form-fitting bodice or coat which gives you a sexy look.
- Bikini: Bikini is a two-piece consisting of a bra and panties, G-string or thong. Choose bikini for a sexy and bold look at beaches and it makes you look as hot as fire on the watery beaches.
- Bodystocking: Bodystocking is a unitard. Bodystockings may be worn over the torso, or they may be worn over the thighs and abdomen. They are typically used by women in order to appear slimmer.
- Bodice: Bodice covers the body from the neck to the waist. Bodices are often low cut in the front and high in the back and are often connected with laces or hooks. Bodices may also be reinforced with steel or bone to provide greater breast support.
- Body shorts: Boy shorts a style of panties, so its name resembles to male shorts.
- Brassiere: Brassiere more commonly referred to as a bra, a close-fitting garment that is worn to help lift and support a woman’s breasts.
- Camisole: Camisoles are sleeveless and covers the top part of the body. Camisoles are typically constructed of light materials and feature thin "spaghetti straps."
- Cheeky: Cheeky, a term used to denote that the garment exposes the bottom part of the buttocks.
- French maid: French maid is a form of ladies fantasy wear. One of the many popular costumes used as lingerie.
- G-string: G-string or thong, a type of panty, characterized by a narrow piece of cloth that passes between the buttocks and is attached to a band around the hips. A G-string or thong may be worn as a bikini bottom or as underwear by both men and women.
- Granny panties: Granny panties is a nickname for panties that are high waisted and cover the buttocks considerably.
- Kimono: Kimono is a T-shaped, straight-lined robes worn so that the hem falls to the ankle, with attached collars and long, wide sleeves.
- Nightgown: Nightgown or nightie, a loosely hanging item of nightwear, may vary from hip-length to floor-length.
- Panties: Panties or knickers, a generic term for underwear covering the genitals and sometimes buttocks that come in all shapes, fabrics and colours, offering varying degrees of coverage.
- Robe: Robe, a garment worn to cover the body. A robe may be floor-length, knee-length or shorter, and it is commonly worn over and as lingerie.
- Slips: Slips, worn underneath clothing, prevent underwear or one's legs from showing through thin fabric, and they help clothing hang properly on the body. Slips are found in both full and half styles, and are typically made of a smooth, slippery fabric like satin.
- Tanga: Tanga, a type of panty featuring full back and front coverage, but string-like sides that are typically thicker than those found on a string bikini.
- Torsolette: Torsolette, a shorter version of the corselette. It is very similar to the Basque, and is sometimes called a merry widow.
- Undergarment: It is a garment which one wears underneath clothes. Also known as "underwear."
When it comes to the best fabrics for lingerie, it will all depend on your desired usage and your taste in cloth type. From sexy babydolls to the more practical slips for defining your shape, lingerie can be worn alone or as underwear. When you have the best fabrics for lingerie, the right pattern and your own choice of printed fabric, your underwear game just got a whole lot more exciting and just gets strong.
The best fabrics for lingerie can range from floaty, luxurious fabrics such as Lucent Satin, Organza and Florence Net, to the more practical and cozy fabrics like Mulmul, Cotton Satin and Jersey. All of which are going to feel delicate and smooth against your skin, draping where they ought to drape and fitting your form how they should and comfort you like nothing else. Lucent Satin is a beautifully light, soft and shimmery fabric that is ideal for making babydolls and flirty nighties. Cotton Satin is 100% natural, so is incredibly soft to touch. Even though it has a matt finish, the face is smooth and feels a delight against the skin.
Choosing The Right Lingerie
Lingerie is the ultimate passion of every single woman, the sensual link with her body, which makes her look stunning inside and out. When it comes to lingerie, we think much before choosing one. Lingerie tells a lot about a woman, especially her character, taste and the purpose for which she has chosen this or that particular piece.
Women start trying on different bras, corsets, comparing one with another and spending a lot of time choosing one. The choice of the right lingerie is very crucial for your overall look. Your outer clothes will not look fine if not worn on a smooth and correct base that is created by the lingerie. When choosing lingerie imagine how it will fit your body, for what occasions you can wear them and what clothes it will go with. Always undergo lots of trials to find the correct one. Since women are always fighting for keeping fit, their sizes, accordingly, change quite often. When losing even a couple pounds, your bra size will no longer be the same. So it is better to first try the lingerie without relying on the previous size your purchased last.
Pay Attention To The Type Of Lingerie, Colour & Design
If you want to have a gorgeous look never take panties separately and a bra separately. It is better to take the set together, so that to look neat and trendy. Or if the bra comes without panties then at least take your time to match a correct one.
Take the panties in the same color as your bra or contrast ones and match the texture. You can have several matching panties of different shapes to one and the same bra. It is really ugly when the bra is cute but the panties are like from your grandma’s wardrobe. Pay attention to every detail and make the right choice, for whatever occasion you are buying the set.
Always opt for comfortable lingerie. Even if you have chosen lingerie that is really very cute, of nice texture, color and shape, do not buy it for these advantages only. If you lack comfort in them, then you will likely put it somewhere in your wardrobe and forget about it for sure. Lingerie is not a decoration or a part of furniture to be displayed in your wardrobe. It should fit your perfectly without any pressure or looseness.
No matter how much your man loves you, first of all he always appreciates your creativity and enthusiasm in the way you dress. No matter what he says about your look, deep in heart he always imagines you undressed, in lingerie in a romantic atmosphere. To keep your beloved one close to you and astonish him with your sexuality, pay attention to your lingerie. You can opt for something really appealing.
How To Make A Lingerie Last Long?
We all like fresh looking, new, soft and comfortable lingerie. But what to do when our favorite lingerie set loses its look? None of us likes the state when our most favorite lingerie is worn out. Especially if the latter is a gift from our sweetheart, or we have spent pretty much money on its purchase, it becomes a real tragedy for us. Some of us still keep on wearing them; others however do not hesitate to throw them away.Lingerie is indeed a very delicate part of our clothes, that is washed on everyday basis and that is why they easily lose their form. The longevity of the lingerie depends on its quality, texture first of all.
Use the lingerie with care and in response it will last longer. Since some lingerie sets, especially silk and lace ones, are so thin and delicate, they can be damaged by a slight wrong movement.
Since lingerie is the part of clothes that touches our body, it should be both of high quality, natural and soft. Of course this lingerie is usually expensive. One should think twice before the purchase. Best options are available on
LIMEROAD with all the above qualities and patterns available which is perfect for your choice.
LIMEROAD allows you to go through the best designs and looks for your extreme comfort.
So, make the right choice!