Moccasins For Women
Be present in a shoe mart. You will notice varieties of similar looking shoe placed in different zones of the shelf. Any footwear illiterate, like I was back then, would think the showroom needs lessons in organizing its stuff. But once you become aware of the nuances of shoe styles, you will figure out the categories they fall into.
Fashion sense is quite different from Fashion awareness. Awareness is what differentiates the appearance of a fashion novice from a Fashionista !! Lets us evolve our fashion sense into awareness with this piece of information on moccasins.
What Are Moccasins?
So, What are moccasins? Moccasins are a type of shoe made of soft leather. The unique feature is that the entire shoe including the sole is made of a single piece of leather that is stitched at the top. The sole is known for its flexibility. Historically moccasins made of deerskin and rubber soles were the hunting shoe of native Americans. They provide a thin protective layer to the foot compared to other shoes. But the best part is, you can feel the surface you are standing on!
Moccasins are often confused with loafers. One who can understand that not all couch potatoes are actual potatoes, they sure can understand the difference between moccasins and loafers in a jiffy.
- The construction of the shoe is a major factor. Moccasins are single piece / mono leather shoes, while loafers are made using multiple pieces of leather. Moccasins wrap the foot with an open end on the top. Don’t confuse loafers having stitch detail design with actually stitched moccasins
- Moccasins don't have separate outer soles, while loafers have outer soles made of leather/rubber/synthetic with or without a heel.
- Moccasins usually sport a lace to tie the top edges together. But laces can also be purely decorative elements. So, lace is clearly not a distinguishing factor to demarcate moccasins and loafers from each other.
- The sole of moccasins is so soft and flexible that if you bend the shoe, the back face can actually meet the front end.
- Loafers fall on the casual side of the style spectrum while moccasins incline towards the formal side. However moccasins with decorative elements like tassels, studs tend to give a classy casual look.
Moccasins are made in materials like leather, suede, camel faux fur etc that give it an authentic formal class finish. These slip-on shoes are convenient to wear. So they are foot’s best friends for driving as they make the contact between foot and accelerator more intimate and controlled. In offices where a formal code is mandatory, one often feels the urge to relax your feet and take off the shoe when legs are under the table. Moccasins are good for that situation also as they don’t cause any delays in case you need to rush o your boss’s cabin. Although they are a quick shoe and doesn't need any lace tying effort, they are not the first choice for older people especially with age-related foot and knee problems. Reason being, they don’t come with an outer sole that provides a cushion against the reactionary force of the body weight.
The sole of moccasins is soft enough to avoid the need for socks. So going sockless is an option. However to add an extra layer of comfort and prevent damage to the inner shoe from perspiration, a pair of sole socks, also called as invisible socks can be used. These socks don't peep out and you can effortlessly manipulate to portray your sockless look.
How Well Do Moccasins Complement Women?
With changing times, every busy woman has felt the need for comfortable flats for work and travelling. Women are no more just raising their voice for gender equality. They are acing the art of global domination with ease and style. They no more accept the feet hurting stilettos as a decoration on their unwilling feet. They are empowered enough to chuck off discomfort and make their comfort sacrosanct with flats like moccasins known for their hugging warmth. The new Indian woman is the perfect epitome of a multi-tasker. Go to office, run around the office, take quick breaks to the cafeteria, run some errands, pick up kids, drop them at the activity centre, shop hopping in between, be after every service delivery person to get your work done, take care of the family...Phew!
So if you can’t be a fit in the coded heeled fashion box, expand the box. Your fashion is a mirror of your attitude. Don’t let it dance to the tunes of others. Who determines the right way and the wrong way? Actually No one. All that matters is your choice. If you want to choose a loyal shareholder of your plight ..you will voluntarily pick moccasins.
How To Style Moccasins?
So the big question now is how to style these shoes?
- Match a pair of suede or leather moccasins with neutral or earth-toned linen or cotton sarees. This can further be enhanced with a light brown trench coat to give you the right level of warmth
- Pulling off a semi-formal look in office is made much easy with moccasins. Be it boardroom meetings, seminars, lunch meetings or bar bashes, you have picked a right partner.
- High waist ankle length jeans bottom, paired with a crop top tee or full sleeve cardigan serves a cool outing attire.
- What about those date outings where you wear a maxi dress or skater dress and you want to avoid looking tall, put on a pair of round-tipped moccasins
- You want to ace the ‘care free’ diva impression in a dhoti saree, mocassins are definitely what you are looking for.
- Casual outing jumpsuits or evening bar ripped jeans, nothing comes in conflict with a pair of mocassins.
- Well decorated mocassins like studded, emboidered make a good comfortable match for party wear like Ghagras, lehengas which mostly coverup the footwear
- One most followed rule with mocassins, or for that matter any footwear is to keep the shoe and belt in the same colour to give an impression of informed style.
Mocassins are a perfect concoction of fashion and comfort. They are made in vision grasping hues like versatile shades of brown, neutral colours, midnight blue etc. Contrast stitch thread adds an element of externality to the monotonous shoe. Some mocassins with fringe styling along the edge never fail to make a statement of the trend. Perforated Moccasins helps feet breathe and perspire less.
Care & Maintenance
Taking care of mocassins does not need any much effort than other leather shoes. Try not to use the same pair of moccasins every consecutive day for long hours. Cool off period in between helps shoe retain their shape for a much longer time. When not in use, drop them into a shoe cover and place in a dust free cabinet. Do not leave them under the direct sun when not in use. This is to avoid fading of the hue and dullening of the shoe. Dry dust can be dusted off with a dry cloth. Heavy stains must be wiped off with a damp cloth. It is suggested not to use any polish or shine on moccasins especially on those made of suede. Do not wash or bleach mocassins.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
Limeroad offers a diverse collection of moccasins in various colours, embellishments, brands, price ranges etc. Brands like Furrioz offers moccasins made of resin in rare colours like mustard yellow, brick brown, black with intricate perforated designs and a contrast white stitch thread. Anand archies is another brand for chicks who love to break the semi-formal appeal of moccasins with a floral quarter and floral midfoot tassel. It also offers classy moccasins in plain beige, black, aqua green, candy pink etc. Some brands like metro, addons etc, fuse the moccasins with outer sole to give a wedge-like output. Moccasins, ballerinas, loafers belong to the same species of the shoe family. Only a fashion aware person like you can clearly demarcate them. For others, these are just terms that are used interchangeably.
Limeroad offers moccasins in the price range Rs 499 to Rs 1499. If you aspire for much higher quality moccasins, go for catwalk, Woodland, Carlton London, Allen Solly and Code brands. If you are lucky to crash just in during a sale, you might get a nice pair for the same price range. Or else, one has to shed a few extra bucks for little extra comfort. Whether you are a genuine admirer of moccasins or a novice who wants to try out the look, there is something for everyone. Save your time with sorting options. The user experience of Limeroad shopping has been made simple with clearly guiding screens, payment options and quick responding customer service. Go through the return policy just to avoid any uncertainty over your purchase.
You can also shop from an exciting collection available for Women`s Footwear :- Ballerina | Basketball Shoes | Boots | Brogues | Brogues Oxfords | Casual Shoes | Clogs | Espadrilles | Flats | Formal Shoes | Gladiators | Heels | Jutis Mojaris | Kolhapuris | Loafers | Mary Janes | Mocassins | Mules | Plimsolls | Pumps | Running Footwear | Sandals | Sneakers | Wedges | Women Footwear | Women Sports Footwear