Sneakers For Women
The most prized possession of any woman’s shoedrobe are sneakers. And rightly so! Apart from being extremely comfortable to walk in, they are versatile, breathable and put less pressure on your calves thus keeping your spine straight- unlike heels.
But being comfortable doesn’t mean that you have to compromise being fashionable and trendy. With the rising trend of athleisure and sports luxe, sneakers are being hailed as one of the most trendy items of 2018 and making major appearances on the runway and streets! Even if you are a little active on social media, you’d know that sneakers are everywhere and everyone is wearing them.
From running shoes, plimsolls to ‘dad’ sneakers, slip ons, glitter, velcro sneakers- sneakers are being rocked in a variety of avatars. This only makes it an ideal time for you to try on this trend and make a major fashion statement every time you step out in them. Moreover you don’t have to worry about the blisters or the pain you’d otherwise have to endure in heels- you have nothing to lose!
We at Limeroad, bring to you an extensive collection of the trendiest sneakers of this season for every budget! Come and shop now at Limeroad and flaunt your sneakers this season.
Do you know how sneakers came to be known as sneakers? Well, an American advertising agent Henry McKinney first used this term in 1917 to describe how the rubber soles made the shoe stealthy, i.e. how quiet the shoes were on the ground as compared to the noisy leather sole shoes! Sneaky, right?
Sneakers have been popular throughout the history due to the amazing comfort they provided to the feet. Originally made for running or athletic activities, sneakers now have trickled down into the daily wear section for both men and women. Now with the huge flare up trends like Athleisure and Sports Luxe, sneakers or trainers are the leading in the mainstream fashion industry. Popularised by basketball players, rappers, celebs and models like Michael Jordan with his own very popular brand called ‘Jordans’, Drake, Kehlani, Tinashe, Hadid Sisters, Kard-Jenners, and so many more - the sneaker trend has blown up to be one of the biggest in the market.
Let’s delve into the details of sneakers. Sneakers, as categorized according to their features come in four types:
- Running Shoes- As the name suggests, running shoes are designed differently than other sneakers so as to provide maximum efficiency and comfort to the wearer for running. They have high cushioning, flared up heels and maximum stability element. You can easily pair running shoes with your daily outfits if you want to add an edge to your look while still remaining comfortable. Pair your sports shoes with a graphic t shirt and ripped jeans for a cool and comfy look or pair them with a cute little summery dress to give an edge to an otherwise feminine look. We recommend these grey mesh lace-up sports shoes by NCS. These are airy, breathable, versatile and will look great with every outfit.
- Lace-Ups- Lace up sneakers are shoes that are fastened with laces. A very common type of sneakers, these are the first things that pop up in our mind when we hear the work sneakers. These are not as athletic as running shoes are much more casual and light. They are perfect for an everyday look and work with almost anything. This summer experiment with your style and choose colorful lace ups instead of the monotonous blacks and greys and add flare to your outfits. We recommend these green canvas lace up sneakers by Couch Potato. Pair these incredibly cute sneakers with your dark denims and tops for a fun and flirty look.
- Plimsolls- A plimsoll shoe, is a type of athletic sneakers with canvas uppers and light rubber soles. Widely worn by vacationers and tennis and croquet players back in the day, plimsolls are one of the most comfortable lightweight sneakers. With the rising popularity of plimsolls, they are being reinvented in styles like the espadrille plimsoll. Style them with dresses, denim and wide legged pants. We recommend these super trendy metallic silver plimsolls by Meriggiare.
- Slip-ons- Slip on sneakers are perhaps the most comfortable of all. With no laces, they save time and effort and look super cute and chic with almost any outfit. Nowadays slip ons are made from denim, leather, suede, pvc, satin, rubber, jute, mesh, velvet apart from canvas.
Since the whole athleisure trend is blowing up, we have categorised the latest stylish sneakers in five categories:
- Dad sneakers- You must have spotted them in models, in fashion weeks and on runways of major designers like Balenciaga, Stella McCartney and in stores of Zara. Nothing like the elegant and streamlined shoes, these are quite chunky and feature a double or triple sole and may remind you of the orthopaedic soles. Yet this trend has blown up and you can regularly spot Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner rocking dad shoes. Give them a try by pairing these with a short dress and blazers to add an edge in a work appropriate look. Style white dad sneakers with a denim on denim look or pair colorful dad shoes with a monochromatic outfit for a super stylish look.
- Velcro sneakers- If dad sneakers are too chunky for you, try on these hassle free, minimalist velcro sneakers. Velcro sneakers might remind you of your childhood shoes with no laces and chunky stick on straps, but chances are that if you pick the right pair, it might also make you look like the most stylish person on the block. Style them with almost any outfit with ease. Pair dusty pink velcro sneakers with an all white or all black monochromatic outfit to look chic and stylish.
- Glitter sneakers- Make a statement with these utterly chic and trendy glitter sneakers this season. Pair them with your basic outfits to bring them to life instantly. Don’t be afraid to mix up patterns and textures, or in this case- go bold or go home! Style glittery metallics with a red jacket and pastel colored outfits to look snazzy and chic.
- Logo sneakers- Logomania is finally in the sphere of footwear as well. Brands like Gucci and Chanel have started putting their logos on their fabulous sneakers as well. Wearing logo sneakers is a great way to let everyone know that you like your sneakers chic and high fashion. Splurge on logo-ed sneakers this season and let them do all the talking.
- Gum soles- You must recognize gum soles shoes by their distinctive brown soles. These are retro, skater and are a lifesaver in this monsoon season as they won’t look dirty! Brands like Vans, Puma and Adidas are already selling these gum sole shoes in their stores. Style them with almost anything as they’re extremely versatile.
Styling And Recommendations
For a fun and casual day out, pair these beautiful pink faux leather lace-up sneakers by Zovim with any dress- from a cute floral print skater dress to a solid shirt dress, to add an edge to an otherwise feminine look.
White sneakers are a must! We recommend these white faux leather lace-up sneakers by Vendoz. Style them with an all white/ all black monochromatic look to look elegant and chic. You can easily incorporate them in your everyday look by styling them denim and wide legged pants.
Take the centre stage with these animal printed black canvas lace-up sneakers by Couch Potato. Pair these bold and flirty shoes with a denim and denim apparel to look stylish and comfy for your next college party.
Go bold or go home with these fiery red leatherette sneakers by Crab Shoes. Pair them with any neutral outfit to instantly transform the look! They are perfect for a fun night out as they’ll keep you comfy to dance all night while still making you stand out from the rest.
Rock the gum sole trend with these black fabric gum soled sneakers by Lovely Chick. Pair them with a dress or pants to add a few extra inches to your height while still keeping you comfy.
Go for the classic denim converse look by pairing these blue rubber lace-up sneakers by Sapatos with your shorts and t-shirts.
Be the sparkly diva with these silver sparkly plimsoll sneakers by MSC. These sneakers will give you some extra height while still making you look trendy and stylish. Style them with muted undertones for a day look and with bold prints and textures for a night out.
This was just a little preview of all the things you can do with the extremely versatile sneakers. Check out Limeroad now for our amazing styling tips and extensive and trendy sneaker collection and pick your favourite pairs now!
Related search terms: sneakers, sneakers for girls, sneakers shoes, womens sneakers, white sneakers, white sneakers for women, black sneakers, red sneakers, sneakers shoes for womens, white shoes sneakers