Buy Bandhani Dupattas For Women in India @ Limeroad
Bandhani Dupattas For Women
The Bandhani Dupatta has been exclusively carried out by the Khatri community of Kutchh and Saurashtra.
The name bandhani means tying up, as it taken by Hindi pronoun ‘Bandhan’.
It is also known as Bandhej Dupatta. The technique in the making of this dupatta is as old as the Indus Valley Civilization till today. Bandhani dupattas are famous particularly in Rajasthan and Gujarat but people of some other cities also use this as a style statement as it gives the royal touch to the whole attire.
Method of Making Bandhej Dupattas
The technique is to tie the fabric with a grain, pearls, cotton etc to make a dot or square pattern. The size of the dots depends on the size of the object tied in the fabric. These dots ultimately make a pattern. Threads are secured till the dyeing process is completed. The covered cloth remains uncolored and the exposed cloth gets dyed. Various patterns can be made by Artisans by tying and/or stitching the fabric in different ways.
Different varieties of bandhani dupatta are available on LimeRoad. Let’s have a look over it in detail
1. Cotton Bandhani Dupatta: Brand Name: Rangriwaz, purely cotton with tassels and fringes, not transparent, ethnic wear.
2. Poly Crepe Bandhani Dupatta: Brand Name: Apratim, poly crepe dupatta, not transparent, advised to dry clean only.
3. Multi Art Silk Bandhani Dupatta: Brand Name: Etoles, multicolored, art silk with lace and dry cleaning only.
4. Chiffon Bandhani Dupatta: Brand Name: Kastiel, contain laces, ethnic design, it is semi-transparent and advised to first dry clean and then machine wash.
5. Bandhani Printed Dupatta: Brand Name: Pari, purely chiffon with tassels and fringes, not transparent and easy to wash.
6. Red Art Silk Bandhani Dupatta: Only exclusive to LIMEROAD, purely art silk, gotta patti work, semi-transparent and dry clean only.
It is one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can have in your ethnic wardrobe. It’s a great idea to get a few of these at least – you never know when they will come in handy. However, you can also use it your advantage and cover up any of those unflattering curves you are not comfortable showing, especially when wearing a lehenga. But, you can work with your dupatta in a way that it works to your advantage and look slightly slimmer.
You can simply wear Bandhani Dupatta with black or white kurtis, lehenga cholis , palazzo set and crop top with some jewelry to look fluent.
If you ladies really want to look different in the crowd then go for the Bandhani Dupatta. You will surely get lots and lots of compliments.