Bikinis are in use from as early as 5600s. Ancient Roman arts have illustrations of women wearing bikini-like garments. Bikinis were in controversy then, bikinis are in controversy now. Some things just don’t change, maybe? Nevertheless, bikinis are the most commonly used for swimwear and sportswear. Bikinis are symbols of the growth of women to become a symbol of liberty and confidence. It shows us how the conceptions of perfect bodies, shape, and size have evolved over the years. The modern bikini took its shape in the 1900s.
Bikini is primarily a two-piece swimming costume. But it has many more variations to it than that. Choosing the perfect one might be confusing for you, so here’s a little guide of what the bikini range has to offer at Limeroad:
- String Bikini: This has a string for a waistband and at the back of the bra at the top. It is very revealing and sexy.
- Multistring Bikini: As the name says, this has a set of string at the bra rather than the classic 2 straps at the shoulder that might give it a halter-neck look.
- Microkini: This is extremely revealing. It has enough cloth to cover just the essential parts at the top and the bottom.
- Tankini: This is one of the decent ones. It has a tank top for the top and a matching or contrasting bikini bottom. It suits all body types.
- Trikini: It is famous as a “handkerchief with two saucers”. It has a bra that has two triangular pieces to cover the breasts and a regular bikini bottom.
- Fringe Bikini: This has a bikini bottom and the bra has fringes with the upper bandeau. It is perfect if you want to make your breasts look bigger.
- Skitini: This has a skater skirt as the bottom and a bikini top. It is ideal for people who want more coverage.
- Strapless Bikini / Bandeaukini: This has a bandeau bra and bikini bottom with a contrasting design. It was made famous by Sonam Kapoor in India.
Choosing The Right Kind
Bikinis show a lot of skin. So it becomes important to know what kind suits your body type. ( If you don’t agree, we get it. We aren’t judging! You can rock any style if you have the confidence to do so. You go, girl! ) Here are some tips to help you choose:
- For pear-shaped bodies (curvy hips and smaller breasts), the perfect bikini should balance the proportions. Choose dressier tops and simple bottoms.
- For curvy bodies, highlight your curves while giving enough support and coverage.
- For large breasts, support is the key. Choose bras with underwire and thicker straps.
- For small breasts, choose bras with minimal coverage and maximum details to make the breasts look larger.
- For tummy control, a retro-inspired high waisted suit would slim the middle portion. Tankinis would suit too.
- For athletic figures, the focus is to flaunt your frame. Bold prints, ruffles etc. would look perfect on you.
All these and so much more is waiting for you at Limeroad. Hope you find your perfect bikini.