Curtains are very useful in curtailing unnecessary lights into the house and with increasing urbanization, there is an increase in the number of working street lights at night too.
This disturbs the much-needed sleep in nights. So this makes normal curtains less effective in blocking light into the house from outside.
This problem leads to the manufacturing of curtains made from blackout fabric. Blackout fabric is a foam backed, an opaque fabric used to black out the light.
Mostly these types of curtains are used in hotel rooms barring much of the light that would elseways penetrate through a window when the curtains are shut.
For third shift workers, and parents of babies, blackout is a very essential element in the bedroom.
Blackout fiber is not only used for making blackout curtains but also can be used in making wallpapers, movie projector screens and planetarium domes serving the same purpose of blocking light.
The course of creating blackout curtains includes covering a fabric with tiers of foam, or ‘passes’ and was discovered by Rockland Industries located in Baltimore.
- Initially, a tier of white foam is affixed to the fabric, then a covering of black foam is attached after the third and at last a covering of white or light-shaded foam is joined which creates a ‘3-pass’ blackout curtain.
- A black layer is spread on the fabric, then a white or light-colored layer is spread on top of the black, this is how a ‘2-pass’ blackout is created by affixing two passes of foam to a fabric.
Benefits Of Blackout Curtains
- The curtains made from ‘3-pass’ blackout are not only best for blackouts but are also useful because of its insulating and noise dampening qualities, due to their density and opacity.
- They are also useful for a south facing living room, where the sunlight heats up the room to an uncomfortable level as the blackout fabric can keep your room cool from the hot sun.
- Draw the curtains closer together but leave a gap in the middle to let a good level of light in.
- An additional big advantage of blackout curtains is that they let you curb the right amount of light that enters into a room.
- Also during the winter season, these curtains help in trapping warmth inside the room. Making the living more comfortable. This feature is due to its thick lining blackout fabric.
If you are reluctant to buy blackout curtains because they don’t go in line with your home decor then you can buy heavy and/or dark curtains to give the effect of blackout curtains, but without an extra liner.
Velvet, wool or firmly woven cotton, polyester or canvas in dark shade are your perfect gamble.
Blackout roller shades are a new trend in the market if you don’t want your house completely black when curtains are together and you don’t want your house completely free for light to come when curtains are apart. These rollers are helpful because they are paired with normal sheer curtains so when u want complete dark just roll down the blackout roller and when you require mild darkness then roll up the blackout curtains and use sheer curtains instead.
GO AHEAD & BUY YOURS ONLY AT LIMEROAD!!!