Bottles And Jugs
Bottles and jugs are basic necessities of everyday life. You take bottles around with you wherever you go to help you quench your thirst immediately. When you come home, you have the jug to pour water. There is nothing extraordinary about this. What makes them important is the kind of material they are made from which decides their durability and life. These objects might appear to be extraneous but, believe it or not, we invest a good amount of time contemplating for the right option to be chosen. This is probably because we somehow are aware of their significance in our daily lives even though we don’t admit it.
When you are out in the hot sun or have gone to the gym, the one essential thing you need is your water bottle. Water is our life and we can’t deny that, and so we need to carry it around with us in whichever way possible. When you go somewhere water is poured out for you straight out of the jug. These are the involuntary habits that we don’t need to think about. We just need to have these things around us to carry the necessary fluids, juice or water.
We all use them every day in one way or another. However, it depends from person to person what kind of containers they want to store the liquids in but we all agree that quality is the top and the most important qualifying area. There are multiple aspects that decide what is best suited for you and your home, and they include the material of bottles and jugs, their sustainability or impact on health and environment and how long do they last. Variety of available options also influence the choice of the purchaser.
- Glass: Glass is a very luxurious option. They are extremely fragile. It is so because you can’t think of having it if you don’t have proper space or if your house is filled with noisy hormonal kids. Otherwise, it’s all good. You can keep a glass jug at home if you can handle it with proper care. Glass bottle, on the other hand, is a lot riskier option. Think all the possibilities before buying them. But if all is good, they would enhance the look of your dining table perfectly. They are also great for hot weathers as they keep the water cooler for some time even after taking it out of the refrigerator.
- Copper: Copper is a very healthy choice. Elders say that if you drink water after keeping it in a copper jug overnight it works wonders for you. That water is good for your digestive system and your overall health. The only issue with them is the fading out of their shine. Apart from that, it would be a very good choice for people of all ages, especially the older ones. This water container would be a smart and reasonable option.
- Stainless steel: Steel is one of the most malleable and strong metals. This is why they are preferred for the making of utensils and other such things, including bottles and jugs. These steel products are generally well insulated and hence are best for all seasons. They keep the liquids warm in winter and prevent them from boing from the heat in the summer. These are important for such situations when you have to keep the liquid stored for a long time. They absorb shock well and are not deformed or broken easily. Thus, their durability is another reason for their popularity. They look well polished and retain their shiny appearance for longer durations.
- Plastic: Plastic may not be the safest option but it is the most popular choice in the market. People cannot give away the habit of using plastic as it is the easiest available option. Plastics are portable and light. The single-use plastic bottles can be bought from any convenient store in the city or shops and at Railway stations or bus stands while you are travelling. Their wide availability, cheap rate and ease of disposing of after use, makes them accessible and favourable choice.
Sustainable/ Healthy Options
The above options are easy to buy and handy to use but some chemicals used in their manufacturing may be detrimental to human health.Plastic is especially very hazardous as the inhalation of the chemicals used in their manufacturing can cause severe health damage to even the workers. Plastic is highly recyclable, however, only about more than half of the disposed of plastic waste is ever recycled. The general public can also be exposed to those chemicals when the plastic waste is burned down rather than recycling them. Also, it is important to avoid drinking from single-use plastic bottles if the water has crossed its expiration date as the chemicals from the plastic may leach out and pollute the water.
Plastic is, hands down, the most easy go-to for carrying or transporting almost anything. The bottles and jugs made from plastic may be user-friendly and convenient, but there are always some eco-friendly and greener options available.
Plastic, being recyclable, still leaves behind its footprint on a grander scale. An estimated amount of 46,000 pieces of plastic are floating in the ocean today which would take over 1000 years to decompose. This gives us reason all the more reason to go for more safer and friendlier options.
- Ceramic: Ceramic has been present for quite a long time but it is not as popular now. Many are unaware about this option or simply choose more popular options over it. However, this is an eco-friendly option that is age-old and bottles and jugs made from it behave similarly to glass in terms of sturdiness and the ability to keep the contents cooler for longer. The problem with them is that they are comparatively heavier and are fragile so they are difficult to carry around. Some modifications have been made to make them portable with the wraps that reinforce them to prevent them from shattering and they have been developed to be less unwieldy than before.
- Plant-based plastics: New developments have been made in the category of bottles and other containers to make them more biodegradable. Plant-based bottles and jugs are such options that are edible along with being biodegradable. They are healthy alternatives to plastics as they don't impart chemicals that are harmful like plastic and thus are safer and more effective. They have started to make their place in the market and hence can be found in some shops and outlets if not many.
- Boxed water or paper bottles: This one option is in trend right now and is working towards revolutionizing the packaging industry. Water, juices and other beverages are now available in a wide variety of sustainable packaging options made from paper. Even celebrities like Jaden Smith are playing their part in it by introducing eco-friendly enterprise like ‘Just water’.
- Reusable bottles: All the options, except for paper products, are reusable including plastic. Reusable bottles are the most economical and green way to store and transport drinking water for personal use.
Long Lasting And Durable Options
Apart from considering the aspect of green solutions this bottle and jugs also have to be durable and long lasting if you are planning to buy them for daily purpose. People go for sturdier options like the one made from stainless steel. They are preferable because of their ability to last longer than any other option and their spillage control. The bottle caps or lids are strong enough to prevent any kind of leakage. They last longer, maybe even for years. They are even difficult to lose and forget so they are what you should give to your children when they go to school. Steel does not harm us as plastic does. They are chemical free and reliable making it a smart option.
Copper is another option that lasts long and is durable. They are rugged and strong. They now also come in improvised and polished designs which makes their lustre last longer as well.
Apart from these, glass and ceramic bottles and jugs are strong options too but they don't last long generally because of their fragility.
Choose What You Like
Bottles and jugs come in a variety of options, from different colours and designs to even unique and interesting designs. Getting one colourful and designer water jug can also help impart more beauty to the dining area of your house along with curing your thirst on the go. Whatever you choose depends on your preferences and criteria decided by you. One thing is certain, however, you need to have a refrigerator full of water bottles and a water jug on the dining table and your bedrooms. They are a part of our daily essentials and hence decide the comfort we get at our homes.
Get what gives you the ease and comfort. Find the right choice for you on Limeroad today be assured of the quality of your purchase.
Related search terms: water bottle, bottle, plastic bottle, glass bottles, kids water bottles, big jugs, plastic jug, plastic jug with lid