Tunics For Women
All of us have worn tunics and styled them in the best possible way we could have. But do you really know where does the tunic style originally comes from? We have never possibly wondered about that!
The tunics are very simple garments that reach to a length somewhere between the knees and the hips. This was the basic garment worn by both the sexes in ancient Rome.
Towards the western, usage of tunics were initially used in religious and uniform context. However, tunics now are worn as one of the most versatile wardrobe pieces you may own, especially for the warmer months. It has slowly been adopted by women as a fashion statement and with the passage of time, they are worn as a regular wear. Tunics are the most staple dress in the Indian mold and can be worn throughout the year as they come in many fabric varieties. Tunics are intended to fit for all body types and shapes with a matching bottom. These make you feel relax and at home.
Styling The Tunic
The tunics are the most simple piece of fabric and can be easily paired with jeans, leggings, jeggings, pants or slacks. However, you always have a room for styling them in your own unique way. There are certain easy-going tunics that are appropriate for almost any age in the Indian collection.
- The side slit tunics are one of the many options that can be worn with a pencil fit jeans and heels to add grace to your sweet simple outfit.
- The Indo-western tunics are the best fusions which could be really well paired with the pants, palazzos as well as bell bottom jeans.
- Hip length tunics are best suited with denim and capris and your flat Punjabi juttis or kolhapuris and with a beautiful pair of silver earrings.
- The most liked are the cotton tunics, these are particularly preferred as they tend to be the most comfortable, breathable and can be paired with colourful leggings and even the denim jeans or the black jeans.
- For a little semi-formal look, the embroidered tunics are the perfect fit which can be worn along straight fit pants as well as slacks.
- The long cape-style tunics may be very well paired with a black pair of jeans and block heels fora tea-party look.
- Tunics with collars give the most formal and ethnic look and can again be paired with the contrasting pair of leggings or slacks.
- The shirt style tunics if paired with denim shorts will look very pretty on the girls and for ladies, they can wear it with three-fourth denim capris or slacks.
- There are certain designer tunics are that are the ideal fit for women at formal gatherings.
- White tunics are one such garment that can be paired with almost any other piece of cloth in your wardrobe and can be well accessorized too.
- For your sheer tunics, you can pair them with neon and solid colour Sandoz and denim with high pencil heels.
- There are selected tunics that can simply be worn as dresses such as the ones with zero neck, long sleeve, off shoulder tunics, printed button-down tunics, oversized tunic shirts can be given an addition of a slim belt and high boots for the disco look.
The Different Types
Tunics are the basics in every woman’s closet and very easy to slip in. These are the most appropriate piece of the wardrobe when you are highly confused about choosing your outfit for the day. But even tunics have a large variety to choose from.
- Tunics are available in many lengths such as regular, knee-length, maxi and midi for the different purposes.
- Apart from the choice in the length of the tunic, you get to choose the different sleeve styles such as three-quarter, long sleeves, sleeveless, short ones, cold shoulders, bell sleeves, cap sleeves, shoulders trap, kimono style sleeves, puff sleeves, bat wings, raglan and bishop sleeves.
- There are many tunics and among the most preferred are the shirt tunics and dress tunics.
- Then comes the regular tunics that can be worn anywhere in daily life without having to consider the occasion or place.
- The asymmetric tunics are the ones which can be styled for kitty parties or lunch gatherings for a semi-formal look.
- The shirt style is the one which can be worn at the workplace and are the best alternate options for women who are teachers.
- The high-low cut tunic is the western touch to one’s outfit for the day and can be well accessorized for a party look.
- The A-line tunics are the ones which fit best for the traditional occasion purposes.
- Yet another option to experiment with and style in one’s own unique way are the plus size tunics, around which you can run a belt on your waist and give it different looks for your body structure.
- The blouson fit tunic is one that can be worn as a dress to add a different flavour to its very basic way of wearing.
- The most trending and fashionable among all are the wrap around tunics which come in different lengths and can be beautifully paired with pencil skirts, denim pencil fjeans,s , straight fit pants and last but not the least with leggings.
- You have options in tunics with slits that may be at the front, back, side or may be front and side both depending on what you choose to pair it with.
When Do You Need One?
We have a lot of confusion when we have to wear a particular outfit for a particular occasion or place and sometimes we get bore of wearing what calls for the protocol. But tunics can be worn to most of such places as it counts a multipurpose garment in our wardrobes.
Since tunics are considered an easy and comfortable piece of wardrobe, these can be worn to almost any place you visit. However, you can more precisely pick on tunics for holidays at warm and humid places and it helps you to maintain cool all day long!
Apart from that, the tunics are well preferred by working ladies and is also one of the most appropriate wear for a workplace on any given day.
Another reason the tunics are very famous is because these can be gifted without any hesitations as favoured by most women.
Among all the other reasons, you may probably not always be willing to spend on new dresses and that is when the party wear tunics come to your rescue. It gives a very simple and elegant get up to your entire look.
Some tunics never go out of style and can be casually worn in any season when new fashion is trending. So another reason for you to have it your closet.
Prints And Patterns
All the ladies like to experiment with their look every time they try on a new piece of garment. The fabric and prints and patterns are the most important considerations then. Following are the various designs from among what you get to choose at Limeroad.
- Polka dots
- Animal print
- Block print
- Tie and die
- Poly crepe
- Poly cotton
- Cotton blend
- Pure silk and many more.
Complimenting The Body Shape
- Women with an hourglass figure can go for the A-line shape best suited with a V neck and flaunt their curves.
- For those who have long abdomen can try the loose and plus size tunics and add accessories to make it look fancy.
- The ideal pick for fuller hips and thighs, wearing a long tunic top with a hemline will be a perfect choice.
- Women with straight body structures should opt for heavy work and embellishment tunics to enhance the figure by adding some depth to it.
Tunics, particularly, can be worn without having to add any accessory but when you want a party look you can add small and simple yet classic looking necklaces and pendant chains which will compliment the tunic for sure. The belts can help enhance the body of women with an hourglass shape and may work well for other body types too, depending on the type of belt. The most perfect sandals or heels would be punjabi juttis, kolhapuri chappals, stilettos, pumps, wedges and flip flops if you go for a beach look or that of the market for your own convenience. The sling bags or tote bags are very easy to add on as an accessory, however, for more fancy looks you can also hold clutches.
Limeroad can be your stop to purchase the best fit for yourself and you close ones at reasonable prices available among many brands like 109F, AAHO, AARA, ada, allen Solly, Amolika, KAZO, Pepe Jeans and many more. We allow you to choose from a vast variety of brands, fabric material and with exciting seasonal offers.