Combat Boots For Women
The winter staple boots, and one that we see year after year is combat boots. You can wear these shoes all the year round, as they are comfortable, durable and cool. They are versatile and shows off the rebellious you. They instantly toughen up your outfit providing them with the cool feminine touch.
As the name suggest, it was originally manufactured for soldiers for combat. The main purpose was to provide foot protection, stability to the ankle and durability in the rough terrain. These shoes entered the fashion scene in late 1960’s and 80’s during punk and heavy metal era.
Things To Keep In Mind
To rock your boots like a fashionista, keep in mind some of these tips:
- Colour- Try experimenting with colours than the usual black or brown combat boots. Neutral coloured shoes can easily be matched with any outfit, but if you really want to challenge your fashion style, try more colours in your combat boots.
- Pair it with socks and stockings- Teaming it with tights or socks is a great way to add colour to your outfit. From colour crew socks to opaque tights, the combo of legwear with combat boots is must. Pairing combat boots with coloured socks adds a pop of colour and texture to your look. For the punk look, wear it over the knee socks with the boots. For making your legs look longer, then pair it with opaque tights.
- With long skirts- Combat boots flat or heeled with maxi or long skirts are classic combination. It is best to pair them with long skirts that are on full side. It can teamed successfully with long skirts that are more narrow. Whatever style you like, the aim is no or minimal leg show. You can also pair it with tights if skirt is not long.
- With denims- This one material is your sure shot look. Team it with denim jackets, jeans or a pair of overall, combat boots team up very well with this sturdy material. Pair it with denim jacket and plaid for soft grunge style.
- The best trousers- Combat boots goes well with almost all kind of trousers. The advantage of wearing them over shoes or taller boots is that your ankle is covered. If tucking your pants in the boots, it must be tight pants or at least the straight legged. Wide leg pants if tucked will create a ballooning and unflattering effect.
- With tights or leggings- Tights or leggings look great, granted that leggings look good on you.
- Simplicity is the key- As combat shoes are distinct, it is best that less is more. The combat boots overshadows the other accessories or your ensemble as a whole. So don’t combine with too much accessories or flashy outfits. They are a serious style statement so pairing it with all black outfit or simple jeans and shirt to elevate the look.
Clothes To Avoid When Wearing Combat Boots
Combat boots mostly looks good with all outfits except some like:
- Cropped tights and pants
- Pencil skirts
- Mid length skirts with exposed legs
Shop Combat Boots From LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop your Combat boots from? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!