Cotton Printed Saree
Printed cotton sarees are classic and never out of style. This 9 meter fabric is a traditional Indian attire which has been one of the most popular outfits among the women of all age and class. It symbolizes comfort, elegance and style, which defines the feminine charm, in any style she drapes it. It can worn on regular basis and provides comfort all day, that is why it still rules the wardrobe. Among many reasons to own a cotton saree, few of them are:
· It flatters every body type
· It is light in weight and comfortable to wear
· It absorbs sweat and is a good choice for summer and humid climates
· It is a perfect pick for formal and casual occasions.
· Easy to wash and care
Types Of Patterns
Commonly worn on everyday basis as formal or casual attire by women of all ages.
There are ample varieties of patterns on LimeRoad to choose from:
1. Block Printed: These can be handmade or printed by machines. Block print is a traditional and a very popular method of printing over cotton sarees. In this method, designs are hand-printed on cotton with the help of wooden or metal blocks. Block of various sizes, designs carved on them is dipped into dyes and stamped over the fabric. This is done by skilled artisans, majorly in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Designs are made in vibrant color combinations in a variety of patterns. Floral and geometric patterns are commonly printed in this style.
2. Kalamkari: Kalamkari or Qalamkari is a type of hand-painted or block-printed designs over cotton cloth. Its name originated from a Persian word meaning ‘painting with a pen’. This is a famous print of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana; and are famous for their painting-style prints on cotton saree. It has painting like patterns with small or large ethnic patterns in various colours. Prints can be present on border or throughout the saree with rich design on pallu.
3. Batik: This technique of printing cotton with dyes over wax resist fabric gives a unique pattern to every saree, and no two are same. The word batik originated from the Javanese ‘tik’ means dot. These prints have designs made of dots and lines to create the complete design over the saree. Abstract, and geometric designs are commonly printed in batik design.
Prints can be over the pallu, border, small motifs all over the saree, big or dense prints all over and their various combination. All varieties are available according to your requirement and choice.
Due to cotton’s excellent property of dye intake, these are available in a range of colours. Cotton naturally does not have shine, thus it makes a perfect choice for formal and casual wear. It has good color fastness, hence doesn’t bleed color over the times it is washed and worn. The blend of crisp texture and vibrant colours of this drape is matchless.
Styling A Printed Cotton Saree
Cotton saree is best choice in ethnic attire making you classy and feel comfortable at the same time. This timeless attire is easy to wear and carry with comfort. Pair it with matching blouse material that comes with the saree or wear it with any other contrasting color to style it your way. LimeRoad has all variety of printed cotton sarees to select from.