Curtains For Home & Decor
From a very early period of time, curtains have been in use for different purposes. Basically, curtains are in houses and other buildings to block sunlight, or block the view.
Curtains till floor length are called drapes.
Curtains are now being used as a decor item, to make the interior of your homes and buildings look elegantly beautiful, stylish and sophisticated.
Are you thinking of buying curtains? Then you are at the right place! We will be telling you all that you need to know before buying curtains.
Net Or Sheer
A sheer or net curtain is made up of very loose woven polyester or cotton laces. Sheer curtains are translucent and are also referred to as "privacy curtains" due to their screening abilities.Due to the loose weave in sheer fabrics, these types of curtains offer very little in the way of heat insulation.
Uncoated fabrics are very good for heat and light insulation. Uncoated fabric are usually mostly used in curtains, and are made of tightly woven fabric, usually a cotton/polyester blend, which is opaque. Uncoated fabrics provides good heat insulation. They are not completely opaque and may allow some light to pass.
Coated fabrics are uncoated fabric with an opaque rubber coating on front side, which act as almost complete insulator of light. They can stop the light and heat almost completely . They are often called blackout curtains and can block noise also.
This is a type of coated fabric curtain only but it is coated from both the sides . This type of curtain is very good resistor of heat and two double sided coating completely protect from sunlight.
The coated fabric is referred to as a lining, which is the side of curtain that does not have designer color.
Types And Styles
- Grommet curtains or eyelet curtains - Most popular type of curtains. They have rings attached to curtains and are easy to open. Made up of light or medium weight material.
- Sheer curtains - They Are translucent curtains and provide little privacy. They can be used to see through from inside but block view from outside.
- Rod pocket curtains - These curtains do not have a ring atta to hang them. They have pockets sewn on top and the rod fits through inside those pockets. They are lightweight and for casual feel
- Tab top curtains - They have ring like loops on their top. They are not easy to move across a rod and hence can be used where the access to window is low.
- Pleated Drapes - These Type of curtains are full length till the floor. They are the basic traditional style of curtains in which the fabric is sewn in pleats so that they are easy to wrap up. There are many different types of pleats available for pleated drapes curtains.
Where To Shop From?
If you are looking for a variety of prints, patterns and colors and different occasion curtains, then Limeroad is without a doubt the best destination for you. The most amazing one-stop destination for buying curtains for your home with affordable prices.
Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!
Related Search Terms: curtains, curtain design, curtains online, window curtains, sheer,drapes, door curtains, living room curtains, curtain shops near me, bedroom curtains, window blinds, door curtains, vertical blinds, decorative curtains, cotton curtains, net curtains, kitchen curtains, eyelet curtains, striped curtains