Cutlery Sets For Kitchen
Kitchen cutlery sets are an important part of every kitchen and dining in a home as it covers all the basic items needed for serving and eating food. Useful and multipurpose cutlery sets will make cooking and eating quite enjoyable. In earlier days of human life mostly kitchens are filled only with a dull knife, one wooden spoon and a metal bowl. But, these are everyday modern cutlery sets make our life easier.The word cutlery refers to kitchen implementations like for cutting and eating therefore kitchen cutlery set comprises of spoon, fork and knife where the tools are used for cutting and eating food. Cutlery set comes in different types which includes soup spoon, seafood fork and a carving knife while another can include a paring knife, salad fork and a tablespoon. Cutlery sets are available at online shopping with limeroad where one can buy each and every cutlery sets as an individual or as a set based on their need. There are so many kinds of kitchen sets as cutlery, knives, grater, utensils, glasswares, cup & saucers, filters etc.
Basically, cutlery sets are a tool which is used for preparing meals, serving and eating food. The functions of different implement are now combined to make one important cutlery set as with spoon and fork are combined together to make “Spork”. Spoon and knife together named as “Spife”similarly Knife and fork is named as “Knork”. Cutleries are good dining tools as far as the right cutlery set in your dining makes a meal interesting, delicious and sweet to behold in the eyes.
Types Of Cutlery Sets
Spoons are a type of cutlery that is used primarily for serving and transferring food from plates or bowls to the mouth also one can use the spoons to measure, stir and mix ingredients. Most spoons are made from metal, wood, porcelain and plastic which have many forms like oval, round, or a shallow shape at the end of the handle and this is usually used to derive prefix to the spoon. There are different varieties of spoons meant for specific tasks.
- Teaspoons- Almost every kitchens will have some teaspoons sitting in their spoon alloted drawers. These types of spoons are usually used for stirring drinks and eating foods that are fairly soft with these spoons being smaller than the dessert spoon in length and size of cup. One might also use some of these spoons around for when they need them for every meal also it is used for stirring drinks who drinks tea or coffee quite regularly for and mixing. One can also purchase teaspoons specifically in sets if you would like or as an individual according to their needs. Owning a set of teaspoons is imperative so you will want to make sure that you have access to some as this spoon is mostly used to stir the coffee, tea, soups and cereals.
- Place spoon- It is an all-purpose spoon bigger than a teaspoon but smaller than a tablespoon and also called as an all-purpose spoon. It can be virtually used for all dining and kitchen use.
- Soup spoon- As one might expect there are also spoons that are meant for eating soup specifically. Some people just use their tablespoons to eat their soup but soup spoons are much better suited for this particular purpose because one will be able to take the correct amount of soup when you have access to a soup spoon. Tablespoons and teaspoons are too large which would not be the right size either. Some silverware sets will come with soup spoons as well, though you may need to seek them out individually.
- Coffee spoon- This is quite smallest type of spoon among the cutlery sets which is mainly used to add sugar and stir a coffee.
- Bouillon spoon- This type of spoon is used specifically for jellied soup as they are smaller than soup spoon which are lighter. These spoons are a bit smaller than your average soup spoon so they are not used as often by the huge number of people.
- Latte spoon- They have long handles which is used for stirring hot drinks in mugs as they are ideal for caffe latte, hot chocolate, and milkshakes.
- Dessert spoon- Dessert spoons are something that one uses specifically to eat their desserts. In fine dining, people use dessert spoons to eat custards and other types of soft desserts as they are typically made to help make eating desserts such as puddings and sweets with a bowl being shallow shape as simple as possible and many of the dessert spoons appear to look really nice too. So, if you want to have a nice set of spoons to impress your dinner guests, then it’s appropriate to make sure that you have some dessert spoons as well. Dessert spoons usually differ from regular spoons as with the little edges that makes eating the dessert simpler. it can be used to eat.
Different knives are designed to serve specific tasks so choosing the right knife makes it easier to perform that task. A knife can be used for chopping, tearing, dicing, spreading, or slicing. The difference lies in the type of blade in the knife as whether it is pointed or a blunt, type. Dull blades are used to cut soft food while sharp knives are used to cut meat. Non-serrated steak knives with pointed knives are used for cutting fruits.
- Dinner knife- Dinner knife is sized between 9 1⁄2 and 10 inches which is used to cut foods in the plate which also serves as a replacement for salad knife.
- Steak knife-A steak knife can be used in place of dinner knife or in addition to it which can be serrated or non-serrated depending on specific steak cuts. It is usually four to six inches long. One can find that steak knives are some of the most common types of silverware that you will see in department stores. One will be able to find a set of steak knives of different sizes so having a good set of knives really matters in your dining.
- Luncheon knife- These knives are slightly smaller than the dinner knife which is used with the correct size of plates.
- Fish knife- Fish knife is used when fish is served for dinner which measures about 8 inches with a wide blade and dull edge. The tip of fish knife helps in separating layers of fish and bones.
- Dessert knife- Dessert knife can be used for cutting dessert, fresh or candied fruit also it can be used to cut cakes and pastries which goes well with the dessert spoon. Eating a piece of cake or pastry is much easier with a dessert knife around as it is perfectly styled to cut pieces of the dessert without collapsing the dish. They are also the perfect size for cutting desserts so it makes sense to use a dessert knife when one is available. Dessert knife sets have a very refined look, generally speaking which will add a touch of class to your dinner table with these knives will work great for serving desserts.
- Fruit knife- Fruit knife measures about 6 to 7 inches with a pointed tip and a narrow straight blade which is serrated or slightly curved and is meant to cut and peel fruits.
- Butter knife- Butter knives are usually smaller in size at 5 to 6 inches with a rounded point so that it does not scrape the bread while spreading butter. Buttering your bread is an important part of a meal so one need to have the right utensil to get the job done without ruining your piece of bread. Anyone who has ever tried to spread butter with other types of knives will be able to attest to the fact that it does not work so well. So it’s always a wise choice of owning a nice set of butter knives so that you can spread everything evenly without having issues. A good set of butter knives is going to look very nice and function well with most of them are made out of typical stainless steel and they will stand up to many years of regular use.
- Table Knife- Table Knives plays a vital role because it is used to cut your food properly. Using the right knife for the situation at hand really does make things a lot easier so one may want to have several table knives in your silverware drawer as these will be the knives that is used for every meal. These are going to be perfect for helping you to eat your meal as easy as possible so having an actual table knife will be very useful. Buying a quality table knife set is highly recommended and one can enjoy the convenience of cutting the food and they will look nice on your dinner table.
There are multiple brands having cutlery sets as Prestige, Pigeon, Wonderchef, two spoon, AHA, Vintage affair, Butterfly, Tupperware, Actionware, Beurer, Big zee etc. When selecting cutlery sets materials used are quite important factor to be considered as plastic, food grade plastic, acrylic, aluminium, aluminium alloy, bamboo, glass, clay, stainless steel, bone china, brass, copper, carbon steel, ceramic, cast iron, crystal, durable plastic, fibre, earthenware, gold plated, melamine, micro fibre etc. People avoid plastics and are widely choosing the olden age kitchen set up like using stone, clay or they prefer glass and copper for healthy cooking. In cutlery sets it is also important to consider whether the sets used are colander included, collapsible, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and most importantly check for rust resistant.