Denim Shirts For Men
Denim refers to cotton twill fabric with diagonal weave made up of two thread in one direction (weft) passing under two or more warp threads. This fabric exist in varying weight and shirts, the finer ones are lighter in weight then denim used for jeans.
Wearing Denim Shirt
- For a smart casual look- Best way to dress down an outfit.
- For all season wear- The versatile texture of denim shirt and its thickness makes it a winter wear and its casual relaxed style makes it for not too hot summer days like chambray or lightweight types.
- For nonchalance elegance- Some fabrics like linen becomes softer and comfortable after every wash. This is all the more true for denim shirts.
Kinds Of Denim Shirts You Should Wear
- Denim shirts to be worn with tailored trousers need not be thick and distressed. It should have no pockets. Such shirts have shoulder patches and a defined center placket for buttons. They should not have unusual washes or contrast stitching.
- Lightweight denim with high thread count and tight weave creates smooth finish. Good quality denim shirts are recognised by slight sheen which makes them look refined.
- Chambray, somewhat similar in appearance to denim. This is a finer option with similar look and is usually available in mid blue. Chambray is usually thinner and light than denim because it is made of simple weaves instead of double threaded twill of denim. It looks more elegant as shirt. But it is not as durable as denim.
Best Ways To Wear Denim Shirt
- As an open jacket- Basic way to wear your denim shirts. This off- duty look can easily be worn throughout the year, adding an extra layer. It’s an year round masculine look easily worn with basic t-shirt or stripes. Darker denims on bottom with lighter ones on top is an effortless way to wear double denims.
- Air tie- Denim shirts buttoned up and tucked with skinny suits and air tie works best with metallic accessories. Earthy, natural tones like khaki or brown belts and leather watches also look good.
- Beckham half tuck- This style made famous by iconic footballer, David Beckham by his ability to take basic pieces like denim shirt in unique way. This relaxed look with his famous way of tucking, half shirt tucked into waist leaving the other ruggedly. This can be applied to other types of shirts but looks especially good with denim shirt of lighter colour.
- Leather contrast- This is an essential statement piece for men’s wardrobe. Leather jacket acts as foundation texture. Denim shirts can be worn openly or closed with a leather jacket. The two texture act as effective contrast which can easily be worn during periods between seasons.
- Wrapped up- Cardigans can be matched with denim shirt for semi formal look. Denim shirts acts as statement piece with neutral cardigan in organic colours.
With suits- Denim shirts can easily be worn with formal wear to create an unconventional, aesthetic edgy demure look. These shirts work with light cottons and also heavy tweeds, making it designed for texture contrast. Style it with tweed or silk tie to further the range of contrast.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop denim shirts for men from? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!