Floor Lamps For Home And Decor
Along with furniture, lighting is important to bring out the beauty of your home. Floor lamp is a decorative light source which can be placed in living room, bedroom or study room. The main benefits of having a floor lamp is that it softens the lighting of the room and provides extra illumination in a room.
You can keep this light either for dimly lighting up a corner of your room or use it for reading purpose putting it close to an armchair.
Dazzle Your Floor
Floor lamp designs can bring out the beauty of any space with aesthetics along with providing lighting to the place.
LimeRoad has variety of shapes and designs to choose from:
- Contemporary floor lamps: These are perfect blend of traditional and modern designs. Shapes and designs of shades varies from design to design. From straight to U shaped shades and sleek bases. Many designs have sleek base with the shade covering the whole lamp for maximum light to passed around the room.
- Traditional floor lamps: these are mostly in ethnic and floral design with mythological symbolization upon them to add a traditional touch to your home. A wide range of ethnic and traditional structures of bases and designs over the shades are present.
- Colonial floor lamps: usually these are easily distinguishable from contemporary designs. Base is made of wood, which is straight and craved with design and pattern over it. Shade is in circular or edgy in style made with fabrics such as poly cotton and linen.
- Eclectic floor lamps: these are the abstract style floor lamps for the modern homes for its stunning designs and shapes. These floor lamps gives your room a classy and rich appeal.
Color And Material
Floor lamps has two components: Base and shade. Both are found in different color. Base gives the overall look to the floor lamp, whereas shade decides the amount and mood of light passed through it. Shades are generally with fabrics like poly cotton, jute and linen. Light of the lamp depends upon the shade material, color, and lamp bulb that will be fixed. Shades are normally found in light colours so that maximum light can pass through it, dark colored shades are also available to coordinate the color tone of the floor lamp with other furniture of the room. Base can be made with a variety of materials:
- Wood: Wooden floor lamps are most popular among all the material. These are lightest in weight and can be easily moved from one place to another. Beautiful designs are carved on wood and its color gives a classy look.
- Metal: Metal floor lamps gives rough look the room, and the warm light sets the mood just right. Metal can be molded into many shapes and designs, hence a large variety of metal floor lamps can be found, painted and printed in different colours and designs. In metals most popular are iron, brass and nickel floor lamps because of their distinctive colours.
- Stainless Steel: Because of its shiny surface, when light is reflected over it gives a dynamic look. Most of the abstract shapes are created with stainless steel because of its lightweight, U-shaped lamps very famous among contemporary design of floor lamps.
- Glass: wide panel glass bases are used as floor lamps, fixed on metal clamps, carved glass reflects light and is a perfect for party and festive occasions.
Floor lamps are masterpieces and change the mood of any room when placed well. These can also be placed with a furniture or article that you want to emphasize, since it grabs the attention of every single person in the room. LimeRoad has all types of floor lamps to add more liveliness to your home.
Types Of Floor Lamps
Floor lamps range from ones specifically designed for task lighting to ones designed for increase in the amount of ambient lighting in a room. Some lamps have multiple light sources which allows direct light to fall on different areas of the room.
- Swing Arm Lamp- A swing arm floor lamp allows the person to adjust the position of the lamp based one’s own requirement as per the lighting needs at that moment. If you need the lamp to be brighter in an area we can tilt the arm to adjust the light without moving.
- Torchiere Lamp-A torchiere lamp enhances the ambient light in a room by creating an uplight with the light produced by this torchiere type spills out of the top of the lamp. It’s a wise choice if one want an accent lamp or just need to boost the amount of overall light in a room.
- Tower Lamp- A tower floor lamp has two advantages merged in a single piece with it providing a gentle glow and some accent lighting in a room. When the lamp is not turned on, it resembles like a piece of sculpture enhancing the beauty of your home.
- Table Lamp- A floor table lamp is a multi-tasker which is attached with a table to the center of it. This type of lamp is an excellent option when you don’t have much space and would like a table and a lamp. They are made of materials like glass or wood.
- Club Lamp- A club lamp is also known as a standard or traditional floor lamp which is essentially a narrow column with a light on top. There are different styles of club lamp as for example, some might have a decorative column while others feature a single, plain pole that attaches to a basic lampshade at the top of the lamp.
- Tree floor lamp- A tree floor lamp is simply a lamp with multiple lights on it so with this one can position the lights at a variety of angles, based on the need to illuminate. Although plenty of people associate tree lamps in dormitory it is possible enough to use in the home of a fully grown adult.
- Task lamp- A task floor lamp usually has an adjustable light, which can point in the direction of the object to be focussed. Occasionally, a task lamp is called a downbridge lamp with the slight difference between the two is that a downbridge lamp directs light downward and doesn’t have an adjustable light.
- Candelabra Lamp- A candelabra lamp is like a multi-way lamp which has multiple light bulbs. But, the bulbs on a candelabra lamp are usually smaller than the bulbs on a standard multi-way lamp with lamps resembling like electric versions of traditional candelabras.
- Arcing Floor Lamp- An arc floor lamp is attached to the base of the lamp with the long arm allows the lamp to extend out and over a piece of furniture. Arcing floor lamps are looks very colourful that they brighten up the entire seating area. One can also position this lamp over a dining room table, instead of lighting the table with a chandelier or overhead light.
- Novelty floor lamp- A novelty floor lamp can be any style of lamp that has something quirky or unusual going on with novelty floor lamp converting into a sweeper for cleaning purpose.
Styles And Shades Of Floor Lamps
Once the variety of floor lamp has been finalized it is necessary to start thinking about the style that blends best with your decor. Fortunately there are many styles of floor lamp as there are decorating styles out there.
● Mid century floor lamp has been popular in the middle of the 20th century with features defining mid-century modern styles, such as clean lines, an uncluttered look and a preference for function as well as form.
● Country style means different things to different people and can vary based on a particular area or location such as a rustic feel and soft colors with a vintage look.
● Tiffany glass floor lamp is a style that elaborates stained glass designed and created by Louis Comfort Tiffany back in the 19th century. Original Tiffany lamps is bit costlier but for budget consumers, there is a wide range of similar style floor lamps featuring similar decorative glass shades.
● Bohemian style is more approach to decorating suitable for the home who is not much conscious pattern, texture and bright colors. Often, a home with this floor lamp will feature a variety of mixed and matched patterns, creating an eclectic, jumbled feel.
When coming to choosing a floor lamp shade one can easily swap out with an existing old shade for a new one. In common, the shape of the lampshade should reflect the shape of the lamp itself with round shade working best with a lamp that has curved lines. A rectangular or square shade will be most suited as it has sleek and parallel lines. Also, when choosing lamp shade it should completely cover the bulb and socket on the lamp with a shade of 30 to 40 percent of the height of the lamp. The width of the shade should not be much wider than the lamp’s base.The more opaque the material a lampshade is made out of, the less light the lamp will give off. If you want your floor lamp to give off a good amount of light, it is best to choose a shade made out of a translucent material such as loosely woven linen or cotton. Since color plays a vital role a dark-colored shade will block a fair amount of light while a light color will let more light through.
Shop From LimeRoad
So, have you decided where to shop floor lamps for your house yet? Still wondering, are you? Head over to Limeroad and make this online platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!
Related search terms: lamp, lighting, lamp shades, floor lamps, lamp design, light fixtures, lamplight, bed lamp, lamps online, decorative lamps, standing lamp