The natural beauty of flowers cannot be imitated in artificial flowers. This was a thing of the past with many of us choosing natural flowers over them. In the past they looked cheap, fake cause of the materials that frayed or hold harsh vibrant colour.
But in the last few years with technological advancement we have seen the artificial flower industry grow incredibly. This is because artificial flowers look amazing.
Types of Artificial flowers
The simple reason is it is made differently with many materials.
Artificial flowers are the best and the only alternative to real flowers. They are made from silk, foam, plastic, paper and also from latex. Artificial flowers at LimeRoad are so real that it is difficult to distinguish between real and fake. Possibly they are closest to natural flowers.
- Latex flowers- The latex comes from plants and is a milky fluid found in 10% of flowering plants. The latex floral decoration are made from mould of living flower and plants so as to create the effect of natural forms and flows. As latex is malleable that is it takes the shape of flowers very easily, it takes easily the veins in leaves and uneven outlines of flowers and stems. Because of malleability the flowers are vibrant in colours. But once the flowers are made they are strong, sturdy and stands in vases like real flowers. The disadvantage of these flowers is lack of variety. They are expensive as material is not cheap and moulds require to create these flower parts are expensive.
- Polymers or fresh touch flowers- Similar to latex flowers but more realistic. They are made of a blend of foam and latex that are appealing to your senses. Polymer flowers are usually the first choice for many florist. As these flowers are highly priced they are not easily available and stocked. These flowers also have the tendency to change colour through oxidation from air flow. Plus, they are prone to crushing if packed tightly. The best thing about it is each flower is slightly different from the last one like Mother Nature and it’s quality outweighs the other negatives.
- Wax coated flowers- Fabric based silk flowers coated in an oily wax making them look real. These flowers look genuine than uncoated silk flowers. The manufacturers of these flowers at LimeRoad give the coating to maximise the authenticity. Wax coated flowers have detailed patterns and veins on petals which looks very attractive. As they are coated in wax glaze you will get almost natural looking flowers. But cause of the base being silk it does gets frayed occasionally. The prices of these flowers are higher as compared to silk flowers because even the base silk flowers are on higher side. This in addition to coating stage.
- Foam flowers- The cheapest of the artificial flowers. These flowers are mainly the roses made of foam. It is light in weight and manufactured by sticking lot of thin foam petals to polystyrene balls. They come in wide variety of colour, shape and size. There are two main grades - colourfast and non colourfast. The dye runs if you don’t choose colourfast. The main advantage of foam flowers is there low price, durability, pliable that is easy to bend in position. While the disadvantage is it looks very untidy from side and below. As it is a cheap way of being fillets in bouquets. Another minus being that every rose looks identical thus reduces the authenticity of these flowers. Plus, in terms of realism it feels foam flowers in touch.
- Fabric base( silk) flowers- Mostly associated as silk flowers. They are made of materials like nylon and polyester base fabric. It makes them similar to silk only as the edges fray and the suppleness of the petals. These ‘silk’ flowers are common cause of huge variety. These flowers are limitless in terms of size, colour, shape and design. This is their main advantage. You get to choose from wide range of flowers like rose, peonies, blossoms, orchids, gerberas, lilies and many more. The quality of these flowers is also varied. The other main advantage of these flowers are that it does not look identical. So in a bouquet or arrangement they look real. Moreover when they are pressed against one another it takes different size and shape giving the extra realistic touch to your flower arrangement. The main disadvantage of these flowers are their tendency of the petal tips to fray. An inherent problem with fabric if edges seamed. The other down back is that these flowers can’t be dyed easily. Some of the fabrics used in making these flowers are impermeable and so you are limited with the availability of colours. Plus, the weight of flower is disappointing. The stems are made of raw steel wire coated with thick plastic and combined with fabric weight. There is also the absence of authentic feel in these flowers unless wax or latex coated.
- Plastic flowers- They are reasonably priced cause of the make. They can be manufactured in mass quality through a process by which polyester is injected into mould and then dye. It is produced quickly and cheap and is cost effective. They are durable too.The low budget makes the finish miserable. These polyester flower are far away from natural flowers.
- Paper flowers- They are made of tissues or crepe papers. It is light in weight and delicate to look. Roses, dogwoods, peonies and daisies are some common examples. They can be made at home and gives an artistic touch to your decor. Paper flowers looks lovely as gifting as they last longer than real flowers. But they are more artistic representation than authentic imitation of natural flowers. Paper flowers are not durable and does not gives that real feel. Advantages of using artificial flowers- Flowers are probably the best way of decoration. The elegance and beauty of flower arrangements makes them the emphasis of any decor. Even artificial flowers look real and beautiful.
They are not expensive as compared to their counterparts. Latex, wax, and silk flowers vary in price. But the cost is half as real flowers. Lower the price as in paper flowers, less durable they are and less realistic as in plastic flowers. Prices increases with more intricate and detail as in latex, wax or silk flowers cause of quality too. As these are cost effective flowers you can switch or change your arrangement when you want.
Fresh flowers have to be transported as fragile items. But with these flowers you are sure that it will not wilt due to extreme transportation conditions. You can pack these flowers in a box when moving from one place to another. These flowers are more resistant so shape and colour does not deteriorate and can be styled at the destination.
- Low on maintenance- Artificial flowers require minimum or no attention. You do not have to worry about watering or replacing soiled water from bouquets or vases. Neither the stems or petal need to be trimmed and arranged every alternate days. They look almost the same as when you purchased them.
- Durable- Fabric(silk) flowers last longer than fresh flowers that is weekly expense on flowers is reduced. In addition they come bloomed unlike fresh flowers. You have to daily wipe and dust down your flowers so they look fresh.
- Climate- Faux flowers have no effect on weather changes. That is you need not worry about your flowers getting dry in winter or wilting in summer. These flowers are great for destination wedding.
- No- Expiry date- Artificial flowers are durable and strong as natural flowers which wilt or fall apart. Artificial floral bouquets of special occasions like your wedding can be kept as momentos. While natural fylast for maximum 4-5 days. But artificial fit stored and taken care properly can last longer. Even used in theatre and film industry has replaced the floral displays.
- Hypoallergenic- People suffering from allergies especially to pollens is painful. But with artificial flowers you are free to arrange them everywhere and anywhere without worrying. Latex, wax or silk flower arrangement are great choice for highly sensitive people who cannot tolerate the smell of fresh flowers.
The choice between artificial and fresh flowers is finally yours. But do keep in mind that the realistic look and feel at times is nearly impossible to differentiate.
Shop Flowers From LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop flowers, from? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!
Related search terms: flowers, flower bouquet, flower decoration, flower shop, artificial flowers, birthday flowers, white flowers, flower arrangements, flowers online, all flowers, blue flowers, artificial plants