Grey Blazers For Men
Looking for a blazer simple yet sophisticated? Grey has always been the best pick for men’s blazers. It is more versatile than the traditional black, and can be worn with many looks. The variety of color shades, patterns and textures make it a classic piece of men’s clothing for both formal and informal occasions.
Based on the cut and construction, blazers can be categorized into 3 types:
- British Style: They have a slightly narrower, defined and more structured shoulders with higher armhole, basically padded at the shoulders, giving it a stylish and structured look.
- American Style: These are described as three-buttoned, single-breasted with soft wide shoulders and straight at waist. They have patch or flap pockets, and with single vent i.e. the slit you see on the backside of blazers, to allow ease of movement to the wearer.
- Italian Style: These blazers distinguished for the fabric that is used is usually lighter weight. The cut of the blazer is very slim and silhouette is sleek, modern and very stylish, with patch pockets without flaps.
Formal blazers have sharp padded shoulders, whereas casual blazers will have soft shoulders. Apart from the style, you can choose a blazer according to the fit, i.e., regular fit, slim fit, super slim fit, or tailored fit.
- One-button blazer should always be buttoned while standing.
- Two-button blazer, the top button should always be buttoned, never button the bottom one.
- Three-button blazer, the center button should always be buttoned, top button is optional, while never button the bottom one.
Always unbutton your single breasted blazer when sitting !! Just remember to button it back correctly when you stand back up.
Fabric And Pattern
Pink blazers are available in cotton, cotton blend, linen, silk, lightweight wool. For summer, linen blazer shines even more under the sunlight, light-weighted and allows heat to escape the body. Cotton is also relaxed and is more luxurious to touch than linen. Quality and appearance also varies with the type of blends made with cotton, silk, wool and polyester. It works well in both summer and winters, light wool is also comfortable to wear in summer.
Solid and striped grey blazers are the most popular, apart from them LimeRoad also has checked, printed, houndstooth and striped patterned grey blazers.
Ways to Style Your Grey Blazer
A simple cotton grey blazer is widely selected, as it works for both casual and official look. Made from silk, it gives a dashing appearance over black pants. The simple the blazer is, the more sophisticated you appear. Grey blazer is going to make your wardrobe more versatile, in a fashionable manner.
Casual: Pair it up with a tee and jeans and sneakers for a smart casual look.
Formal: dress-up in a white oxford shirt, a black tie with pants and oxford shoes to look office ready in a classic yet contemporary style.
Party: A similar shade of grey for both, blazer and chino, with a crisp shirt and loafers can create a sleek appearance.
Just remember to keep your overall look in similar tones. LimeRoad has a wide range of grey blazers to choose from. Here, find the one you are looking for, among the variety of light, mid and dark grey blazers.