Buying furniture is an investment as well as a great way to define the look of your home. Every dream home features a contemporary take on interiors and your living room is the first impression. It is not possible to change your furniture frequently but it is possible to change the look of your furniture with elegant furniture covers. Transform your current couch and give it a stylish new look only with a variety of sofa covers. Some consider sofa slipcovers to be shabby, traditional but on the contrary, the new trending contemporary sofa covers styles are sure to give an edge to your home interiors.
Simple silhouettes and modern styles are the new trendsetters in interior furniture lines. They not only give a new look to your sofas but also covers up as a protection to the original fabric of the sofa, you can remove the slipcovers and wash them anytime. You can find a multitude of designs and styles in sofa slipcovers on Limeroad with the latest trend right from prints, textures and exciting colours.
Tips On How To Choose The Best Sofa Slip Cover
As you shop for sofa slipcover upholstery, the first thing is to lead by practical need. You need to be clear about on which sofa you would like to put a slipcover and who will use the piece. Secondly, you might like a look in silk but yet again it might be difficult to maintain if you have small kids or pets at home. Choose a more durable and stain resistant cover for the living room sofas as they are the most used seating areas around the house.
Another point to keep in mind is the longevity of the fabric used in the slipcover, it is best to check the details about the material and how it can be washed before your final buy. You can choose from a wide variety of fabrics right from silk for a more royal look to linen for more durability and mobility.
While buying a slipcover for a sofa keep in mind the shape of your sofa and which all areas would you like to cover. For sofas with a more curvaceous structure, solid colour fabrics are the best suited. Accordingly, the colour should match with the environment and decor of the living room, most importantly the walls of the room.
The Fabric Rule
From cotton to silk find the best of slipcovers online only on Limeroad. Choose from a wide variety of fabrics and colour to suit your furniture and give your living room a modern look. The fabric of the sofa slipcover matters a lot considering its longevity and its usage.
- Linen: The linen material is best suited for formal living room areas. It resists pilling and fading, whereas it cannot withstand heavy wear. Linen fabric can be used for more of a formal office sofa.
- Cotton: This breathable and good fiber provides more resistance towards pilling and fading. But it isn't that effective towards ressisting wrinkles. The durability of the fabric depends upon the blend and weave of the material.
- Leather: Leather is an easy to clean fabric, it can be damp wiped and vacuumed easily. But the fabric may start cracking if exposed to too much moisture and water. A leather slipcover is elegant and gives full structure to the sofa without any wrinkles.
- Vinyl: It is easy to care material and less expensive than leather. Vinyl fabric is ideal for a busy family with regular use of a living space. The durability depends on the quality of the fabric.
- Silk: This fabric will give a royal feel to any furniture. It is a high maintenance fabric and can be used mostly for professional living interiors. Silk material requires care and separate washing instructions. The durability depends on how it is used and the quality of the fabric.
The Latest In Trend
Tropical prints have always been in fashion. Not very bold and chunky prints but subtle and small in print size can give a quirky look to your interiors. Another important trend is the texture, textured fabric is quite a demand in the market and gives you a modern contemporary look. It adds a bit of structure and gives you an option to mix and match your slipcovers with different types of pillows over the sofa. The muted and neutral colour trend has taken the interiors by storm, if bold hard-hitting colours aren’t your thing then opt-neutral shades in white, grey, beige, blush pink or camel colour. There a recent surge in geometric prints as well, right from Aztec to triangles and African inspired prints. The simple lines, triangles and shapes give structure and style to your sofa slipcover.
Along with the sofa slipcover, the pillows and curtains also matter. A good mix and match of fabric plus colour give your living room a complete look. For regular days you can keep it simple with neutral colours and for parties, you can glam up your living room with bright colours or prints. Complimenting your sofa slipcover with the home decor will make the entire interior look curated. Sofa slipcovers are a great way for you to keep different options in stock and be able to change the decor of your living room from time to time. Without having to change your furniture, you can set a trend with your trendy slipcovers.
Easy Steps To Choose A Durable Sofa Cover
The type of cover you choose depends on the size of your furniture, usability and budget. Ready-made slipcovers require just a bit of tucking and pinning. They are machine washable and durable for daily use. The five steps to remember while buying a sofa cover:
- Measuring the size
- Choosing the fabric
- Additional details and match the style according to your home decor
- Ease of installation
Limeroad offers the best of brands online and you can shop in the comfort of your home. Get your products delivered at the doorstep and enjoy giving your home a new look. Limeroad offers a wide array of brands and the best quality in home furnishings. So go ahead and check out a world of home interior trends online and choose from a myriad of sofa covers.