Biker Jackets For Men
We believe there’s an adventurer in all of us. The easiest one could do is grab a bike and get on a road trip, be it solo or with a pillion, create some lasting memories. For those journeys that you want to be comfortable and picture perfect one need proper gear.
The primary purpose for a gear will always be safety but who doesn’t want the gear to be appropriate for the persona and the occasion.
Bike gears might include Helmet, leather protective gloves, Knee pads, Biker boots, and Jacket.
Let’s Talk About The Jacket In The Room
Jacket is one thing that everyone associates with bikes very often. Therefore it’s really important, that a person should invest in a suitable jacket for the ride. Specially if you are the Man of taste who wants to make the best of your every bike ride.
There are different types of riders some just ride because they love their bike, some to travel and some to make their day to day life easy. We, at limeroad understands that and hence we provide the Men with their bikes to choose from hundreds of options.
Safety is Stylish!
The most important point from our checklist to keep in mind before buying a jacket is safety. Be it textile jacket or the leather jacket, knee safety and back safety pads should be there to help riders give support and proper cushion. These added safety could be metals or plastic pads with extra cushions. Riders choose jackets with both zips and metal buckles for better protection.
Which Jacket Is It?
- Textile: If you are the Man of adventures and long journey is your way to go then you obviously know how long Journeys could be tiresome, since one has to cover miles to reach the selected milestone and stopovers. Textile Jackets are perfect for such rides. They are waterproof, knitted to suit all weather and off road routes. They don’t need enough wash as compared to other jackets. They have safety pads on shoulders, back, elbows and are easy to wash, just remove the plastic covering and wash it off.
- Leather: It’s old and still at the top of the trend. Though costly, many bikers love to have at-least 2-3 Leather jacket in their closet because of its durability and the comfort of style. One of the iconic character Max from the movie “ Josh.” Leather Jackets are preferred because of looks, the breathability, and comfort. A comfy jacket that can suit both the temperature of Nagpur’s hot conditions, and chilly Delhi weather. It should be waterproof to protect rider from the rain.
- Leatherette/Faux Leather: Artificial leather are great alternative to Leather as they are cheaper and vegan. Although they might not provide the breathability of real leather but with the right choice you can get yourself a good deal. These are also perfect for city rides where style statement is your priority.
Some of the long trips every men with a bike has on his bucket list are Shimla-Ladakh/Leh, Delhi- Sach Pass, Tirthan/Solang Valley, Bangalore-Ooty, Bangalore-Coimbatore, Hyderabad-Pondicherry. To check these bucket list off, every man needs proper planning and proper gear. One of those being a biker jacket which is both a fashion apparel and a gear. Hence many people get confused what to pick when it comes down to Biker Jackets.
Men who long to travel by bike have to cover city roads, dusty terrains, off-road tracks, through valley and small canals, several bridges and Dams with varied weather conditions. Proper gears are must for such tracks.
Adventure or just bikers generally need zippers and pockets to store items for the route,things that come handy to them at times. But Zippers/pockets must be according to the need of the men wearing it.
- The No Zipper Look: Many jackets come with zippers inside to look more compact and slick for those who are minimalist.Also so that it should not restrict rider’s movements. Doesn’t mean that such jackets compromise with the storage capacity of jacket.
- The All Zipper Look: Interestingly, there are many men who prefer zips on their jacket because of both storage and the punk look it brings with it.
- The Neutral Zippers/Pockets: If you don’t know which one of the above you might prefer or which one will go perfectly for you then you can pick jackets with like four or five pockets or zippers.
- Too & fro zippers: These open from both the ends so you don’t have to waste time looking to open up the zips.
What Size Is It?
When it comes to Jackets,Men mostly go for a size shorter to make it proper fit. If your body type is S and you choose XS, it would be uncomfortable in the long run and difficult to guide the handle at sharp cuts and Pin turns.
Likewise if you choose a size bigger then it’ll be too loose and chances are in the rain, water/dust this might be a big concern during the ride.
So what to do? Well, every product at Limeroad comes with the appropriate size chart and you can inform yourself with the exact size in inches or centimeters so as to decide which would be the best fit for you!
What’s Up With The Colors?
Biker Jackets for men usually comes in dark or the dull colors and that is justified. But that doesn't mean you don’t have a good enough color palette to choose from.
- Black: There is no denying how much people in general prefer black when it comes to apparels so it is no surprise that bikers love black. The advantages include slick look, better availability everywhere and the range of styles one gets in this color. No one can ever get wrong with black!
- Brown: The next color that comes to mind when we look around for biker jackets is brown. The brown color in jackets might be available from light to dark. Brown is more famous when it comes to leather jackets.
- Grey: This color is popular with those men who love black biker jackets,it can bring a vibe of metallic to your whole look.
- Blue: Colors like navy,royal blue or other darker colors from the blue palette are available who are aiming for a particular look or just want to step out of their comfort zone. Some biker jackets are also available in denim blue.
- White: Not many bikers go with this. But it’s perfect for some occasions like a date ride with your partner or if you want go to a formal event but can’t leave your bike behind.
- A Little Colorful: Apart from the traditional colors,you can go experimental with reds, purples and greens etc.
Style That Suits You
Colors and fabric are not the only options for men when it comes down to biker jackets. There are different type of neck aka collars in jackets available which can cater to your comfort or style preference.
- Mandarin: The most popular one, it’s small collar which almost fits to your neckline and hence fully covers your body from the dust or rain along your way.
- Turtle Neck: This is kind of an up step from the mandarin these with collar that covers not only your neckline but most of your neck giving a better protection.
- Shirt Collar: Perfect when you are rooting for a casual yet classy look which gives you more ways to style these kind of jackets.
- Overlap Neck: If you are serious about your style then this one's for you. Many of us must have seen this kind of style in Hollywood and Bollywood action movies, it is a hit for sure when it comes to styling.
How To Take Care Of Your Jacket?
Decided what biker jacket to shop from Limeroad? Biker Jackets is not something you regularly wash, wiping with damp cloths usually do the trick but you might want to keep your pick with care to get the best of it in the long run and not to worry because it’s not difficult. You should always check your pockets and zippers and take out any stuff you might have forgotten before you go ahead with the cleaning process.
- Take out the armor aka padding from your jacket.
- An optional step but you might brush off your jacket before putting it in washing machine.
- Hand Washing is a better option but machine wash won’t do any harm as long as it’s set on the right speed.
- One can use special gear treatment care for washing that’s available on the market if you want to be extra safe.
- To begin with,if there are special instruction on the leather jacket then be sure to follow that.
- People sweat a lot in leather jacket so salt deposits could be a problem,you can remove them with damp cloth or desalters.
- Use sponge if you want to pre-clean it or clean certain spots. Never brush your leather jackets.
- Apply Leather Shampoo with a clean rag and clean it with damp cloth.
- You can also apply conditioner for better results.
- Let it air dry.
- You can clean your jacket with a rag or damp cloth.
- The shampoo and the conditioner for leather can be used on faux leather.
- Check the instructions, if it can be washed then hand wash or machine wash accordingly.
- Air drying is the key.
Here’s to a happy shopping with Limeroad!
Related search terms: jackets for men, jacket, leather jacket, leather jacket mens, jackets, biker jacket, riding jackets, black leather jacket, bike gear, brown leather jacket,biker jacket men