Kettles For Home & Kitchen
Kettle is a small kitchen appliance which is generally used for boiling water. It has a shape similar to self container with a lid and spout. These kettles can be heated either by placing it on a gas stove.Also some kettles have a whistle at their top. This whistle when sound indicated that the water has reach to its boiling point. Also today in modern world many electric kettles have come in the market which do not even require a gas stove. These electric kettles have an internal heating element which helps to boil water.
Thus, these electric kettles broadly fall into two categories. These categories are mainly electric kettles and gas stove or stove top kettles.These kettles are mainly made up of steel, iron metal, aluminium and some traditionally kettles are made up of copper also. These kettles look very trendy and gives a look of high standard and lavish modern styles of living to people who have these kettles in their homes as a part of their crockery collection set. Thus, these kettles are must part of kitchen appliances collection as they looks best while serving tea and coffee.
Types Of Kettles
Some of the categories of these kettles based on their materials are described as follows :-
1. Ceramic Kettles :- These ceramic kettles are perfect material for any kitchen and are used in front of guests also for serving coffee and tea or sometimes for making water based food like soup and oatmeal. These ceramic electric kettles are cordless and can even boil water faster than any microwave.They also have an indicator red light which will be on when kettle is on and in working condition and if it is not glowing then it indicates that kettle os off. Thus one can use these kettles carefree as it automatically shuts off after sometime.
2. Painted Aluminium Kettles :- These painted aluminium kettles are of rajasthani style and are made up of aluminium. They were traditionally used for pouring tea and coffee but today in the modern world they are hand painted in many colourful ways and have various decoration items and pictures over them making them look different and beautiful from other kettles.Thus, these kettles can also be used just for show piece purposes in kitchen among crockery as sometimes they can behave and act like dangerously. So,these kettles are semi-casual used by some ladies.
3. Iron kettles :- These iron kettles were also traditionally used and are made up of iron. These kettles are not much being used nowadays as these kettles can get rust over them if they are not being used for long time. Hence these iron kettles are rarely use in modern world.To remove these rust some ladies used soft brush and then keep these kettles aside for 20 minutes by filling them with water and tea leaves. Some women also use tannic acid to remove rust from these kettles.
4. Proctor Silex Electric Kettles :- If you want a kettle which is decent and also performs very well then this kettle is the best kettle which is nowadays available in the market. It is not only cheap but also lightweight. It is made up of plastic and also have a decent handle which have a strong grip thus making for us easy to handle. But sometimes these kettle becomes slippery so we must take care while handling it. One of the best feature of these kettle is that these kettle have a blue colour water level indicator which help us to keep an eye of the water level in these kettles.
5. Glass Electric Kettles :- These glass electric kettles are the most widely used kettles today in the modern world. They are made up of glass panel. They are also transparent and heavy in weight. They can also be used as container in kitchens.It also uses less energy and boils water very fast. This is the perfect kitchen appliance and can also be used in dorm rooms and offices. This kettle has a lid that can be easily removed by just pushing button. This makes it easier to fill and to clean. It has a power indicator and also an auto shut-off protection mode that helps turn the kettle off when the water is thoroughly boiled.Today these glass electric kettles comes in various brand like Borossil and many others. They glass electric kettles in kitchen shows a high and lavish style of the people who have them and also they have become the most demanding kettles of the modern world. Every women would love to have this kettle in their kitchen as they help in making some food materials like maggi, oats, soups very fast and tasty to eat. Also the glass body looks elegant and has multipurpose options to help the user.
6. Stainless Steel Kettle :- A beneficial aspect of stainless steel kettles is that they do not discolor as well as don’t retain the taste or odor.So, it means that not only the material remains strong and beautiful for years, but we can actually go about making as many different items one after the other without fearing about the taste overlap, which is great. It does not need to be heated on a burner or stove, so it saves gas also. Thus we can get economical and eco-friendly as well.The extreme durability ensures that the piece remains resistant to dents or from any rust.When it comes to longevity and attractiveness, these best stainless steel tea kettles are tough to top. Thus they are choice of everyone in today’s world. Also note that stainless steel kettles are also low in cost as compared to those of glass electric kettles. Hence, even though glass electric kettles are meant to do the same thing, yet stainless steel kettles win the war in this case.
How Do These Electric Kettles Work?
When we plug our electric kettle into an electric plug or switch, electric current will start flowing through its cord. It has an heating element which acts like resistor and also help us to boil water. When large current comes from its cord then this heating element will resist the current flow and a lot of heat energy will be produced.Thus converting the electrical energy coming from the cord into the heating energy and thus enabling the water in the kettle to boil at high and great extent. Thus, water in the electric kettle boils very fast as it comes in direct contact with heat. Sometimes even we can also see liquid converting into steam when we boil water in these electric kettles.
Pros Of Having Kettles
Some of the pros of having these kettles in kitchen can be described as follows :-
● Less Storage coverage :- All of these electric kettles takes very less space whether you keep them in your kitchen or home as compared with microwaves and gas stoves.
● Less time and energy :- Food prepare from these electric kettles takes very less time and energy. Also we can prepare some liquid and food materials like soup , oats, maggi by using these electric kettles in just 5-10 minutes. Thus,saving a lot of person time and energy also.
● Easy to Handle :- These electric kettles are very much easy to handle because of their small size,and very less storage space cover. People can easily carry these electric kettle while travelling or going to office.
● Serve multipurpose way :- These stovetop and electric kettles helps by serving us in more than one way. At one time they can look very elegant and beautiful as a part of your kitchen crockery collection for serving hot coffee and tea and at the same time these electric kettles can help us to prepare some of the food materials and boiling water very fast.
Cons Of Using Kettles
Although these kettles have lot of advantages but they have some disadvantages also.Some of the cons of using these kettles are as follows :-
● Tasteless taste :- Some of the food prepared in the kettles made of plastic lid can be tasteless. Thus leading to fouling smell and making food for us difficult to eat .
● Slippery handle :- Some of these kettles have slippery handle thus it can cause harm to our hand while cooking. So we must be very careful while boiling water or cooking food in these kettles.
● Hot Surface Area :- Those electric kettles which are made up of aluminium,iron and steel have very hot surface area which can even cause harm to person skin or hand while cooking or boiling water in these kettles. Thus, one must be careful if they are using these kettles.
Although kettles have some disadvantages but it has more pros than cons and its advantages win the war against its cons. So one must have these kettles in their home for serving purpose as they not only gives a perfect looks to the kitchen but also looks very beautiful while serving tea and coffee in front of guest.Also it gives a person very nice and fresh feeling if a person starts its day with a good morning cup of tea or coffee.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
So just stop thinking and start shopping for these wide range of kettles in various varieties of different styles to match your different crockery preferences of different households. At Limeroad, you can get these kettles in various styles, materials and modern look.You can even get them hand painted of your choice. So just start grabbing these kettles to give a modern and lavish look to your kitchen.