Leather Clutches For Women
The leather is one of the oldest fabric known to mankind. It was first used by prehistoric people in the form of dried animal skin to protect themselves against harsh weather and surroundings. Even in the world’s most ancient civilizations, leather has played a very important role. It was the art of tanning the leather that made it even more popular. Tanning made leather more sophisticated and classy. It increased the scope of the use of leather from clothing to bookbinding, hats etc. Over time, as trends kept changing, leather never went out of fashion and it is safe to say it never will.
The leather is very flexible and very strong. It gives the bags a very long lifetime. So it is important to choose the perfect one that you’d keep using for a long time without getting bored of it. Before you look through Limeroad’s exclusive collection of leather clutches, here are a few things we’d like you to know so you pick out what is best for you.
Types Of Leather
Not all leather is of the same quality. And so it is necessary to know the different kinds of leather to get value for your money. Here are some types of leather-based on their origin:
- Faux leather: This is not a type of leather. But it is most commonly used because it gives a rich appeal that makes it look almost like leather. This is not natural leather, so no animals were harmed in the making.
- Cowhide leather: This originates from cow skin. This is considered to be the highest quality leather to exist. It is a little rough to touch.
- Lambskin leather: This is from sheep. It is famous for its soft touch and feel. But the downside to this is that it is not very durable.
- Patch leather: This is made of little pieces of leather and is more affordable and sometimes more durable than the other kinds.
- Nubuck leather: This is from deer or elk. It retains some roughness and markings from the natural material.
- Suede: This is the side that is originally in contact with the flesh of the animal. IT is very soft, smooth, and flexible.
The leather is different based on the grain types too. There is Top Grain Leather, Full Grain Leather, and Premium Grain Leather, in the increasing order of their quality. The prints on the leather too, are very varied. Crocodile skin, snakeskin, and caiman etc are some prints on leather.
The leather is durable, true. But some leathers are sensitive to moisture and humidity. They also tend to lose their shape. And since leathers are expensive, it is important to take proper care of them. Keep leather bags away from dust, since dust sticks to the surface very quickly. Stuff the unused bags with bubble wrap so they retain their shape. Don’t let them get stained and when they do, clean them as soon as possible with chalk powder.
You can never go wrong with leather since it goes with anything and everything. If you’re not a girly girl, these are perfect for you. So why wait? Limeroad gives you so many choices to choose from. Get your hands on one soon!