Linen Shirts For Men
Linen a natural fibre made from the stalks of the flax plant, Linum. A fabric that has divided house but none can deny its breathable qualities and durability. Plus, it can easily be worn for both casual and formal settings.
A perfect substitute for cotton or polyester shirts not only as a seaside resort wear but also in the hot summer of the cities.
Why Choose Linen?
Good quality linen is strong, durable and comfortable to wear. The fibres are resistant to damage from abrasion and washing, do not stretch and the colours do not fade. Low elasticity of the fibres gives linen garments slight wrinkled look.
Some benefits are:
- Coolness- Highly breathable and soft.
- Absorbency- High moisture absorbency rate, makes linen shirts perfect for hot and humid climate. Plus, it is hypoallergenic that is sweat is less likely to break down its fibres. In addition to its lack of elasticity, which quickly absorbs moisture from the body.
- Resilience and longevity- Linen shirts are 35% stronger than cotton. The main advantage is its longevity. These shirts tend to become softer and shinier after each wash.
How To Wear Linen Shirts?
Linen like white shirts are staples of summer wardrobe.
There are some numerous ways to style your linen shirts like:
- Casual linen look- Select soft button down collar and a simple pocket. Wear it untucked with your favourite shorts, pair of khakis or white jeans. Choose a bright cas the light fabric tones it down and the look in itself is easy and simple. Mint green linen shirt is our pick.
- Uniform linen look- Light and soft fabrics like linen provides contrast to uniform look. Choose double breasted pockets and shoulder straps for uniform look. You can wear it buttoned or otherwise with a white T- shirt underneath. Choose a neutral hue like sandy beige and pair it with earthy colour trousers.
- Contrast Linen look- The new trend of linen shirts with flowers contrast on the inside. This looks best when the sleeves are rolled up or short sleeves. Pair it with denim shorts or pants with some dapper looking sunglasses.
Tips On Choosing Your Linen Shirts
This summer staple need not be flappy and just like your crew neck tees or dress shirts some detailing is required.
- Go for slimmer fit and short sleeves. These shirts are breezier than your normal shirts. But this is no excuse for it to flap in wind when walking down the street. Select shirts with trim cut at the body and preferably short sleeves with cuffs at your biceps instead of elbow.
- Try different print, colour or cut. The problem with white or ivory shirt is it looks airy and visually big. Go for lively, edgy version of breezy basic. Try the tie and dye prints for casual outings.
- Know whether to tuck in or not. Too long linen shirts are not advisable. For the traditional, long sleeve shirt, tuck it into smart trousers or chinos for more sophisticated look.
- Launder it more often. Dry clean linen shirts more often so the fabric looks fresh and kempt.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop linen shirts for men from? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!