A watch is the small clock which is used to keep track of the time and are generally hung on the wall or kept in pocket.In modern new recent trend most of the people prefer to wear watches in their hand instead of keeping them in pocket. To serve this purpose wrist watches came in the market. These wrist watches are also used to keep track of the time and are worn by men and women in their hands. Also there are many other types of watches which have come up in the market in the recent new trend. Some of these types of watches are mechanical watches, digital watches, automatic watches,smart watches and many more are also there. Among all these watches the most popular and famous watch which are very much in trend in modern world are digital watches.
A digital watch is a watch in which hours, minutes and seconds are indicated by numbers instead of the rotating hand on a clock. Digital watches are mostly electronic and there used to be no battery in these digital watches.Cortebert was the first digital watch which came in market in 1920’s and is believed to be sold as the first digital watch. After that many versions of the digital watches have come up and they have undergone many evolutionary changes over a period of time which one cannot even imagine could ever be possible in earlier time.These digital watches now have been replaced by smart watches which have features of touch screen and also various other smart features.
History Of Digital Watches
With the advancement in technology a lot of digital watches have been introduced in market from earlier times. Also every men or women need a perfect timepiece in today’s trend suiting to their requirement and personality and these digital watches are offered by various top brands today’s time like casio sonata, titan, apple which can attract any men to buy a perfect timepiece for him.
Some of these types and changes in digital watches from earlier times can be described as follows :-
1. Hamilton Pulsar P1 limited edition :- It is considered as first electronic watch which was launched in 1972 and it use LED display and work by pressing the button. The display used in this watch was not so much powerful and consume lot of power and could only display the time temporarily or when a person hit or push the button in the front of the unit.
2. Seiko O6LC :- This type of watch used LCD display and was very much expensive. It also consumes a lot of power and was unstable.There were two versions for this watch which were introduced. One was made up of stainless steel and the other was gold plated. It was the most elegant watch when it was being introduced at that time.
3. Hamilton Pulsar Calculator Watch :- This watch was being introduced in the market in 1976 and this was the only watch which contain a fully functional calculator. Also the buttons of the calculator used in this watch were very small and they can only be pressed with the help of an stylus. After this first functional calculator watch was later replaced by many other calculator functional watches.
4. TI Star Wars Watch :- It was the first digital watch which was introduced in market in 1976 at very affordable range and has reduced the price of all other digital watches which were very much expensive to buy at that time. After the introduction of this watch it become very much easy and affordable for any men to buy a digital watch for himself. Thus the introduction of this watch in the market was a huge success.
5. Casio Game - 10 :- This watch was introduced as digital watch in 1980. Since after the price drop for digital watches after TI star war watch came in market inventors were thinking to bring some new feature in these digital watches so that it can attract people and they can buy these watch. So a new feature finally introduced in this digital watch and this watch came with game function in the market. Now people can not only see the time with this wrist watch but can play some interesting games also. Thus, it was successful in attracting people towards it.
6. Seiko TV Watch :- As the name itself suggest us that this digital watch allow the viewers and owners to watch live TV. It used LCD Screen for the same. This watch came into the market in 1982 and was successful in impressing people who love to watch TV units at that time.
7. Timex data link watch (150) :- Watches with the functionality to transfer data were also introduced in the market but those were not so prominent and effective as computer. Moreover the data can even be lost if the battery of these digital watches died. Timex data link watch solved this problem of transferring the data with its feature of data link. This watch came in market in 1994 and used optical sensor as its medium to transfer data from a PC. In a PC a special software was downloaded and when this timex watch was bring closer to PC by user than this software will help to monitor the pattern in such a way that the watch could be allowed to read the data.
8. Casio Wrist Camera Digital Watches :- This was the first digital watch which was introduced in 2002 and it came with camera embedded feature in it. It could only capture 120 pixel image in grayscale but the fact that casio watches had an inbuilt camera feature in it turns and grasp the attention of the people towards it. Thus this watch became popular and famous very soon but soon after this watch many camera watches came in market which reduced the popularity of this camera watch.
9. Seiko E-ink Watch :- Seiko was the first brand which introduced the use of e-ink in the wrist watches so that the display could look more clear and better as compared to other watches display. The feature of e-ink display introduced in this watch was successful in displaying the screen in more clearer way and soon many watches came in market with this e-ink display feature.
10. Apple Watch Series :- The market for the digital watches was gradually decreasing as other analog and mechanical watches came in market but sooner apple watch series came in market in 2015 and once again it changed the mind of most the men and they were attracted to the look and features this watch introduced with itself. The apple smart and digital watch came in market in 2015 and till that time to now these watches are very much successful in grasping attention of people towards it.
It uses vivid OLED screen to link iphone to display its features. These apple watches have various features embedded in it like health statics, to display any call information, in displaying message information and many more other features are also there. These watches have become very much popular and famous among men and people love to buy these smart digital watches.
Thus given above is the brief history of these digital watches from the time they were introduced in the market till now.
Use Of Digital Watches
Digital watches are very much useful as compared to other watches.
Some of its uses in terms of men which can make these watches as their preferred choice are as follows :-
● These digital watches does not use any hand clock to display time but it uses number which can be easily read by the people.
● Another use is they are very much cheap and come up with various smart features embedded in it which not only help a guy to watch time but also keep track of his daily activities like count of the number of steps he walk in a day, health status, keeping track of his incoming call and many more.
● They are very much comfortable and easy to carry anywhere.
Thus it is very much important for a guy to have this digital wrist watch for himself. If a guy does not have it then he should think fast for buying it asap as it helps him not only by telling the time but by measuring its daily activities and health status. So a guy must have this smart wrist watch for himself. Buy a large collection of these digital watches only at Limeroad. At Limeroad you can get varieties of them with various features in them only at very affordable and nominal range. So just stop thinking and start shopping for these amazing looking wrist watches for your hand.