Casual Jackets For Men
Casual jackets are the most functional piece of clothing that you will find in a wardrobe. It can basically make or break the look as they are stylish in appearance. From time immemorial, jackets are considered man's best apparel. As men always get ready in a hurry and to find a solution to this problem, you can just throw a jacket over a denim and tee to create a perfect casual look.
The word jacket comes from the French word 'jaquette'. It is a mid-length garment worn as a fashion statement or for the purpose of protection. The jacket is fastened in front or on the sides. It also has a suitable fitting and particularly full sleeves. They differ from the coats as they are less insulated than them, and can be worn indoors or outdoors as well.
But still, a common misconception that prevails is that jackets are just for winters. However, these have gained a lot of air as they are trending nowadays. A light jacket can always be a good pick for the summers or spring. Jackets will definitely add to your dress and will prepare you for all eventualities.
Casual jackets are like sports coats, but actually, fall under the heading of "sportswear." You can find these versatile jackets in the classic sizes: S, M, L, and XL, rather than by chest size and dimension (42 Long, etc.) like a sports coat.
Discover elaborate cuts and premium quality with the casual jackets for men only at Limeroad. There are different kinds of jackets for every occasion and ensemble. Also, there are certain things you need to abide by when you buy a jacket. Let’s get the answers to your queries.
Outerwear clothes should always look like your second skin and one can never compromise with the fitting. Ill-fitted jackets turn out to he flop shows as they are either too big or small. A jacket should be of proper shape and size for the body. If you want to layer the clothing you can go for a size big but not too bulky. They might make you look out of shape.
Skin is a sensitive part of the body and we should take care of it. Even if it is our second skin. Fabric mainly depicts the durability of the jacket. A jackets lining makes it lay perfectly on the body contours. Extra layers make it fit for the body. Jacket lining not only helps absorb sweat but also provides another layer of cloth that helps keep body heat close to the skin.
Different types of lining material used for jackets are-
- Cotton: 100% cotton is a breathable fabric that is perfect for linings. It is not a heavy material and imparts polished look to the jacket. As it is extremely smooth it glides over the inner shirt and provides warmth in the winters. It reduces wearing strain and has a long life. Though a disadvantage is that it shrinks and after washing and wrinkles appear way too fast on it. It needs to be maintained properly.
- Poly-Cotton: It is a harmonious blend of cotton and polyester. You get the benefits of both of them. The lining made from poly-cotton is long lasting and wrinkle-free. But due to the blend, it is not suitable for wearing for a long period of time. The breathability is less as compared to cotton. It can be washed more often without worrying about it shrinking. The fabric is also easy to sew. Although it cannot withstand high temperatures so it needs to be ironed carefully. Also, it is not an appropriate wear for summers.
- Wool Blend: Superior quality of wool blend is a fabric that has blended both natural or man-made fibers. Wool blend fabrics are mostly used in clothing that is worn to provide warmth, and hence it is commonly used in the lining of jackets. This fabric requires proper care and maintenance in order to last long.
The fabric should be brushed regularly to prevent accumulation of dust and soil. This fabric should only be dry cleaned, as it is not prepared for the rigors of hand or machine washing and might lose softness, shape or fade away when not laundered properly. The fabric needs to be dry cleaned once or twice per year.
- Taffeta: It is a luxury garment fabric that has a lustrous surface. Taffeta employs a twisted woven style and offers a starched-like type cloth that maintains its shape better than other fabrics. This is exactly why it is often used in leather jacket lining. Two different types of taffeta fabrics are present- yarn dyed and piece dyed. Piece-dyed taffeta is quite soft but the drawback of this lining material is that it wrinkles like cotton and creases easily and it is difficult to iron this material. The other disadvantage of the fabric is that if left in cold temperatures prior to wearing, it offers a cooler touch at first. Yarn-dyed taffeta is much stiffer and is often used in evening dresses.
- Fleece: It is a soft, fluffy and lighter lining used in the jackets to provide warmth. It does the work of wool here but without the accompanying weight. It dries quickly and can be washed easily in a machine. The other advantage of fleece is that it holds less than 1% of its weight in water by still retaining its insulation qualities. Fleece is a good option for people with sensitive skin. However, the drawback is that it doesn't breathe well. Also, it is not windproof, so it can only be used with a wind and water resistant outer shell. Besides, the fabric generates a lot of static electricity which easily collects dust, lint and pet hair.
A Jacket For Every Man For All Seasons
All try to look trendy and classy at the same time, but there is no big irony that goes with it! The different age groups choose different options. The young will only hop in the trend train. But if this jacket is your first one, go for something that you can wear in all possibilities and it is that comfortable and durable. Also, consider the pocket you are paying from, something affordable always pleases more than a heavy priced one. If you are someone who restricts the options go for something timeless.
- Bomber Jacket- It was basically created for the military pilots but it became a trending apparel and is now included in the high fashion. It is also known as the 'flight jacket’. The bomber jacket has undergone various silhouettes and modifications to become what it is today. It is made of leather and has a zipper front with a few pockets, an elastic waist, and a fleece or pile collar. Also, it is comparatively short and sturdy. Materials of the bomber jacket are continuously changed as per the season to bring unconventional styles that cater to customer's needs. This jacket is a perfect wear for the fall, winter or spring but not for the summers. The bomber jacket is a neutral fashion item with no limitations when it comes to genders, ages or styles.
- Sports Casual Jacket- This is a jacket that was essentially worn for sporting purposes without having the need to wear matching trousers. But eventually, they came to be used on formal occasions. Style, fabric, colours and patterns are more diverse than in most suits. A sports coat can be casual wear if worn with jeans. They are also a part of some school uniforms.
- Hooded Jacket- This jacket serves as the best for the winters without making you carry an extra scarf or cap. They are popularly known as ‘hoodies’. They often include a muff sewn onto the lower front and a drawstring to adjust the hood opening. They have a soft lining for extra comfort.
- Quilted Jacket- One can look like a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in this jacket. First, make sure the fit is streamlined to avoid bulkiness. It'll look extremely cool with a sailor hat. Quilting refers to any run of stitching – either decoratively or just in a straight run – that combines at least two layers of cloth. Often, you will find a third padding layer or interlining between the fabric, which provides the popular, three-dimensional look on diamond quilted jackets.
How To Wear It
Your casual jacket can be all work in the daytime and all play after hours, It keeps you looking stylish in the office when paired with more casual jeans. Add some swag, to a hot night out with the classy and trendy jackets. And, though the casual jacket can look as relaxed as you want it to, you can elevate your look by pairing it with traditional fabrics like a chambray work shirt or add character with a bow tie or skinny jeans. Need something for a weekend? Wear it with your best jeans on date night and with subdued khakis to meet her parents. And pairing your casual jacket with a muted color, button-down shirt and tie combo leaves you looking polished for a wedding ceremony.
Your casual jacket takes the work out of what to wear for almost any occasion. It isn't a suit, so don’t try to match your trousers. You can play with layers: wear it over a polo or a plaid shirt. For a summery look, team it up with a striped tee and loafers. Pair it with jeans, chinos or shorts, with a button-down shirt and tie or your favorite tee. Roll up your jacket sleeves, leave it open or wear it buttoned—a casual jacket allows you extra leeway to make your style your own.
Best of all, your casual jacket can be your go-to wardrobe staple to get you out of almost any jam. Heading out and not certain of the dress code? Toss it in the back of your car and have it on hand to finish your look. Just throw it on and make an entrance.
What you need is the right men’s jacket at the right time, and as always we’re here to help you at Limeroad. Come shop right now!
Related search terms: jackets for men, leather jacket, jacket, leather jacket mens, jackets, black jacket, mens casual jackets, hoodie jacket, stylish casual jackets,