The Winter shivers are around the corner, so have you got your essentials yet?
When the wind catches the chills, all we want is a warm safe haven. And what is better than a breezy Sunday morning all rolled up in your favourite soft blanket?
Blankets are soft covers used to insulate our bodies from the cold. The concept behind this is that they trap your body's heat inside rather than letting it go, providing comparatively more warmth and comfort. However, blankets come in a variety of materials and designs, some of which are even our summer love complimenting the snowflakes of the chilled air-conditioned room. That's right, a blanket is a bedroom essential for all purposes from decoration to a sound snuggled up sleep!
Types Of Blankets
Blankets are made to ensure your optimum comfort, because a sound sleep is the most important thing. That is why, one should make an informed choice about the best suited blanket type for their homes. Here is a list of the various kinds of blankets you can choose from, one for every purpose!
- Quilt - A quilt is a type of blanket that is specially characterised by its patch work and designs. It provides extra warmth, as it usually comes in three layers; a quilt is made by stuffing materials like Cotton, etc between two layers of coverings sewn together. The top layer is usually the decorative side with patches of different materials and designs patched with each other. However, one may also go for thin quilts with pleasing designs like Block Print Rajasthani Cotton Quilt by Reme at Limeroad to cover your bed in a decorative style. What is also noteworthy here, is India's famous Jaipuri Quilts. These quilts are specially handmade right from scratch by the artisans of Rajasthan. These quilts are not only super warm and soft, but also extremely lightweight for your maximum comfort. The vibrant prints and its delicacy is specially praiseworthy, and such quilts require extreme care.
- Duvets - Are you looking for something that gives you the luxury of plushness even in your slumber? If yes, then what we suggest you go for, is a Duvet. A Duvet comes with a zipper on it, inside which one fills warm insulating materials like feathers or down for warmth. Another common use of Duvet coverings is to cover ready-made blankets with them. Duvets are thus considered to be the warmest of all blanket types. The zipper designs and plush softness gives them a cushiony feeling. Not only this, but this makes them super easy to wash and dry as well! Many people even use a richly stuffed duvet as a mattress replacement or bedspread for a surreal sleep experience!
- Comforters - Sometimes one longs for the pampering comfort of a blanket, even if the weather calls for a breezy covering only. Comforters are ideal for use anywhere in the house from your bedroom to your living room. These are slightly smaller, and much thinner blankets that can be used as an informal covering for a sense of comfort. These come in lighter materials like Cotton or Fleece. So when your child is snoozing in the TV room enjoying vacations, Limeroad will be their partner with the Cartoon Printed Comforter collection by Homefab India. On the other hand, for slightly thicker comforters, one can go for a foam filling as well.
- Electric Blankets - If you are looking for something smart and light, electric blankets are your calling! These are light weight, easily handleable blankets with an electrical heating device. So say bye bye to heavy clumsiness and adjust the heating levels according to your need and desire.
- Afghan Blankets - Afghani Blankets are comparatively thin blankets made by fine crochet technique. These are mostly used for the purpose of decoration as bedspreads or couch coverings, and usually, have minimal protection. The most warming Afghan blanket to be found is a tightly woven woolen Afghan Blanket. When looking for bright colours and decorative designs, crochet is your answer. Another popular trend with these kinds of blankets is the Temperature blanket. This is a kind of blanket that is made by weaving strips of colours corresponding to the temperature on a daily basis. By the end, one has a multi coloured blanket suitable for almost all weather types and a resplendent feeling.
So from the couch to the mattress, cover your home with pampering soft blankets all over!
The sense of security and comfort associated with blankets is evergreen. That is why, a good blanket can be used anywhere and for any purpose. However, one always wants to be sure of the material these blankets are made of, to ensure optimum usage and comfort, depending on the situation. The material of the blanket is the most important determinant of its comfort and insulation.
Cotton - Cotton is a light material that is ideal for blankets in summers. AC blankets are a necessity for a cooling down after a long hot summer day. The wide range of Cotton AC blankets by Pluchi at Limeroad is ideal to go in your bedroom space with its breathable fabric and light heat insulation.
Fleece - We at Limeroad believe that Fleece is what luxury is made of! Blankets made of Fleece are almost as warm as Wool, but without a doubt lighter and easier to handle. The soft material gives you an enriched feeling, and is suitable for all skin types as well.
Wool - Wool is the warmest material a blanket can be made out of. Wool is specially used in crochet blankets, but for a warm experience on a chilly winter night, there is nothing like a Woollen blanket!
Feather & Down - Feathers and down are used as stuffings for quilts and duvets. Down is the underlayer of feathers on a bird. These are great heat insulators, hence are used to keep body temperatures warm. A feather quilt is generally the warmest, but also quite heavy to handle, this is why it requires great care.
Polyester - Sometimes, all we need is something pocket friendly and durable, as the priority is easy care. Polyester blankets are the best for this purpose. These blankets are highly durable and easy to handle as well.
Flannel - Flannel is the way cotton or other materials are woven together to give it an airy, cool quality. Flannel is usually very soft to touch, however not any warmer than a normal cotton sheet. These blankets are a specially used as receiving blankets and for swaddling infants due to their soft non stretchable quality. Choose from a range of designer flannel blankets by A Home's Grace at Limeroad to enjoy a rich feel at home.
Mink - Mink is a soft short cut pile fabric that is known to resemble cashmere. This material is known for its softness and coziness, hence proves is a known preference for baby blankets, robes, etc.
Apart from these pure materials, Limeroad also brings to you a variety of blended material blankets for you to have the best of both worlds. For instance, a poly cotton blanket gives you the cool breathable quality at a reasonable rate. Moreover, blended polyester also makes for highly durable and easily maintainable blankets. Similarly, synthetic blankets are usually made of wool blended with materials like Nylon, Acrylic, etc.
There is nothing more needed than a warm fuzzy blanket to complete your dream bed set. That is why, Limeroads offered you a collection of blanket sets with matching pillow cases.
So go ahead, and make your slumber experience one to remember!