Glam Up Your Table
Like you glam yourself up with trendy clothes, transform your table into a fashionable one by dressing them up with table linens and decorative items. Table linen is nothing but the tablecloth and napkins that are used to cover the table while serving a meal. It protects the table from food spills, stains and scratches. In general, table linen comes in different fabric, shape, size, color and design. Both the coffee table and the dining table can be covered with the tablecloths.
To provide a rich dining experience to the guests, stylishly set your dining table with the tablecloths, placemats and other decorative items. The table linen can also be used in the restaurants, wedding halls, party halls, conference halls etc. to extend an engaging and a pleasant look. As per the needs of an occasion, you can easily customize and decorate the table more formally and casually with the table linens.
Having colorful and trendy clothes in a wardrobe alone is not enough, have a set of colorful table linens to decorate your table. If you don’t have table linens at your home, then rush up and pick the most gorgeous table linens suitable for your dining table from LimeRoad and glam up your table in a more attractive way.
Stylish Types Of Table Linens
The table linens are generally classified as tablecloths, table overlays, table runners, and placemats. All the types of table linens extend a unique look and are available in a wide array of colors, designs and patterns. Be it a formal event, wedding occasions or any informal events, you can select the table linens of your choice suitable for your table.
- Tablecloths: It is the necessary item needed to set a table. It entirely covers the table and gives a stylish look for the table. It comes in different colors, styles and materials. The tablecloths are customizable and can be draped in infinite ways as per the theme and the size of the table.
- Table overlays: The table overlays are available in rich colors and styles and can be placed over the tablecloth like an icing on the cake. For a white tablecloth, colorful table overlays add richness. You can find overlays in materials such as satin, lace, etc. with embroidery designs or sequins.
- Table runners: The table runners are a long strip that can be placed at the middle of a table in lengthwise. Depending upon the length, the table runners sometimes stop at the end of the table or hangs at the end. The table runners are available in different patterns and colors and it offers a unique and versatile look for the table.
- Placemats: It is generally a square, circle or rectangular shaped fabric that can be placed directly on the table or can be placed after covering the table with the tablecloth. It comes in wide patterns, themes and colors and helps to protect the tablecloth or table from stains and food spills.
Types Of Tablecloths
The tablecloths are available in different shapes, sizes, colors, designs and fabric. The printed designs, embroideries, polka designs, square checks and other colorful designs in the table linens elevate the entire look of the table. You can find tablecloths matching the shape of your table. Rectangle, square, oval and round are the common shapes of table linens. The tablecloths are usually made up of a variety of fabrics such as cotton, linen, polyester, silk, organza, PVC and many more.
- Cotton tablecloths: Cotton is one of the preferred tablecloth fabrics. The cotton tablecloths come with casual prints and other stylish designs. It can be put for machine-wash to remove the stains. Even you can iron your cotton tablecloths before covering your table.
- Linen tablecloths: Linen cloths give a dashing look for the table. You can use linen tablecloths to a get-together function, family dinner party, etc. The linen tablecloths are expensive, durable and hold antifungal and antibacterial properties. Special care must be given for the maintenance of the linen tablecloths. Gently wash your linen tablecloths on a delicate cycle with cold water and then iron it on high heat when the cloth is slightly damp. Jacquard linen and Damask linen are the common types of linen fabric used in linen tablecloths.
- Polyester tablecloths: Polyester is one commonly used fabric in table linens. It is highly durable and is resistant to stains. The polyester tablecloths can be preferred for weddings, outdoor events and business meetings. Spun polyester or cotton-feel tablecloth is an ideal choice for tables because it gives a soft touch like the cotton and is durable and reusable.
- PVC or Vinyl coated tablecloths: PVC tablecloths are high-quality products that are made up of 100% plastic. The wipe clean PVC tablecloths are available in a wide range of colors and designs. It is a perfect tablecloth that can be used in the homes, cafes and restaurants because you can easily wipe away the spillages in the tablecloth and need not go for washing and ironing.
A Simple Guide To Choose The Right Table Linen
To create a rich ambiance in the dining area, decorate your dining table with attractive decorative products. A dining table will be incomplete without table linens. So, pick the table linens suitable for your dining table and set your table. While you purchase the table linen, always give importance to factors such as shape, color, design and texture.
Shape And Size
At first consider the shape of the table, the size of the table and the number of people who can accommodate the table. To determine the size of the table, measure your table. The tablecloth comes in all shapes and sizes so that you can easily select the most appropriate table linens for your table. Some sets of table linens come with accessories like napkins and placemats matching to the design of the tablecloths. In such cases, consider the count of the placemats included in the set as it should be equal to the number of people who can sit in the table.
A drop is a part of the cloth that hangs over the edge of the table. The tablecloths come with different drops and it needs to be considered while purchasing. The normal drop of a tablecloth is between 6 and 12 inches. The floor-touching tablecloth covers the top of the table and will flow around the table touching the floor. You can select the drop of the tablecloth as per your preference. To decorate the home dining table, the tablecloth with a normal drop is enough. The floor-touching tablecloth can be used to dress up the table in wedding halls, birthday parties, etc.
The tablecloths are available in a wide variety of fabrics and you can pick the fabric that suits your dining table. Cotton, linen, polyester, PVC, etc. are some types of tablecloth fabrics. When purchasing the tablecloth, select the material which is easy to use and maintain. Look whether the tablecloth is durable, reusable, and resistant to stains. You can also prefer the material that can be machine-washed and ironed.
Color And Designs
The tablecloths usually come in a wide range of stylish printed designs, floral designs, embroidery designs, solid-colors, square checks, polka designs, etc. in divergent colors. When you purchase the table linens, keep your dinnerware and the ambiance of your dining room in mind because the table accessories with rich designs and colors matching to the dinnerware set will give a luxurious look.
A satisfying dining experience can be achieved on how well you set your dining table. So, make sure you purchase the right table accessories for your table considering all the necessary factors.
Smart Tips For Table Decoration
Dress up your dining table with a colorful tablecloth and table accessories such as napkins, table runners, placemats, etc. to provide a happy dining ambiance. Are you confused on how to decorate the dining table?
Here are few smart and easy tips for table decoration. Go through the tips and glam up the table.
- For a sit-down dinner, cover the table with lacy tablecloths as it gives rich dining experience. The tablecloth usually spreads a mood, so pick the one with an attractive and pleasant color. Remember to place the napkins and placemats matching to the tablecloth. You can even have nice fresh flowers on the table in a reasonable size vase to add a classic touch to the table.
- For formal occasions, layer your table with damask linen and add decorative paper napkins or cloth napkins to achieve a beautiful appearance. Ivory, white and pastel color tablecloths suit well for formal dining. Over the tablecloths, you can place accessories such as floral centerpieces, floating candles, etc. Creatively place the napkin rings with the theme of the table.
- For everyday use, instead of a tablecloth, place table runners or placemats with printed designs on the table. The attractive colorful designs on the table mats itself give a simple and neat outlook. To enhance the beauty of the table, place fresh fruits in a glass container and place it at the center.
- For informal dinner, cover the table with patterned tablecloths and decorate them by placing wine glasses and artificial flowers. The tablecloths in all the dark color shades work well for informal dining.
- The roundtable looks extremely gorgeous when you decorate it with round tablecloth embellished with floral prints. For a roundtable, the placemats are not needed as the shape itself gives a decent look.
Buy Table Linens Online At LimeRoad
To purchase the best table linens for your dining table and coffee table, stop by LimeRoad and gain happy shopping experience. The online shopping stores of LimeRoad offers a wide collection of stylish table linens and table accessories such as table runners, placemats and napkins under the category of kitchen dining at reasonable prices. Most importantly at LimeRoad, you can find high-quality table linens in different shapes, materials, sizes and designs suitable for your table from the popular home furnishing brands.
Shop the colorful table linens from LimeRoad and glam up your table in a fashionable and an enriching way.