A teaspoon is a small spoon suitable for stirring and sipping or adding a portion of loose sugar to a cup of tea or coffee. These spoons come in single or sets and are in shape with more or less oval heads.
Types And Uses
Teaspoon set is the common component of the kitchen and dining table setting.
- Long handled teaspoons such as iced tea spoons are also commonly used for desserts or floats with ice cream.
- The teaspoon and dessert spoon (slightly bigger than teaspoon in size) are similar, the latter intermediate between a teaspoon and a table spoon used for dessert eating and sometimes eating soup or cereal.
- A smaller version of the teaspoon, the coffee spoon is much less common and is intended for use with the small type of coffee cup.
- Another teaspoon is used to separate citrus fruits from their membranes, called an orange spoon, tapering to a sharp point or teeth.
- A bar spoon, equivalent to a teaspoon, is used to measure ingredients for mixed drinks. A container, called a spooner, intended to hold extra teaspoons, was part of the Victorian table service, usually comes in a set with a covered sugar container.
- 1 tsp (or 1 level tsp) means that the top of the oval surface is full and flat; there is no sugar above the top of the spoon.
- 1 Rounded tsp means scooping a spoonful of sugar and allowing it to form a small pile above the top of the spoon. It is inherently less accurate than a teaspoon level.
- 1 Heaping tsp means you're trying to get as big a pile of sugar as you can on the spoon without spilling it. It's a little more than a rounded teaspoon over a smidgen.
Helpful Note: Don't try to measure a heaping teaspoon when measuring liquids.
The best measuring teaspoon sets are accurate, easy to read, measure metric and will last you for the rest of your life.
Stainless Steel Set
Stainless Steel Measuring Teaspoons set are the top pick because of their rust-resistant steel design. These spoons are safe to dishwashers. If you're relying on measuring teaspoons to make sure you're getting the flavors right after a recipe you’re doing it right, you'll get the same taste.
A half teaspoon of pepper can, after all, make the difference between a delicious one.
To back up their sturdy construction, teaspoon sets come with a lifetime guarantee. They are also convenient to handle as you simultaneously prepare several complex dishes. Depending on your needs, there are a few features you should look for when buying teaspoon set.
Plastic models should be avoided for the most part. The main reason for this is that the dishwasher is not usually safe. The dishwasher heat (or just about anything else) will warp the heads of the spoon, and it won't be accurate anymore. Also, plastic spoons tend to break more easily. And, they may fill your food with toxic.
While selecting sets, go for those sets that have engraved measurements and not the printed ones as painted on measurements tend to come off after a few washes, and you are left to guess the size of the spoon.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop teaspoon setst? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!