Thongs For Women
Thongs were initially worn by hunters and gatherers throughout the world. It was made out of fur, skins of the prey, feathers etc. Later it was worn by Japanese sumo wrestlers and swimmers, it was called fundoshi. Then during the 1930s, the modern thong took its shape in the World’s Fair in New York City. It was then worn only in strip clubs until the 1970s when the first thong bikini was designed. It first hit the coastal cities. It was as late as the 1990s that the thongs went mainstream in the US because of the Monica Lewinsky - Bill Clinton affair scandal.
It has been widely used since then and seen many moderations. Thongs were worn under skinny fit pants or yoga pants or figure fitted dresses to hide the seam of the panties. They soon became a staple component of a woman’s wardrobe. Thongs, definitely are the sexiest kind of panties that exist. Despite the manufacturers’ attempts to market them as choosing to wear thongs for practical reasons, they never lost their sex appeal.
Thong is an underwear that hardly covers your rear because it has a very narrow V-shaped strip at the back. Even though it is such a tiny piece of clothing, there still are so many types of thongs in the market. Limeroad gives you a wide range of collection to choose from. Let us take a look at a few of them:
- G-String: Sometimes called as “butt-floss” because it has a V-shaped cloth in the front and only a string at the back, leaving most of your rear exposed. Even the elastic around the waist is a string. These are popularly worn at beaches.
- T- Back: As the name says, this has a T shaped back that extends to the top of the waist and is attached to the waist string. These kinds are worn in fashion shows, under skinny low rise jeans and beaches.
- Tangas: This looks like a bikini in the front but that a wider back that covers more than a traditional thong. It is also called a Brazilian Bikini.
- Rio: Named after the city, this looks similar to a G-String but less revealing. For beginners, this is the best to start with.
- SJ Thongs: This is a fusion of the waistband of a G-String and coverage of a thong. So this gives a sexy look while covering most skin.
Thongs are made of different kinds of fabrics like satin, laces, cotton, sheers etc. and sometimes, a combination of both. Even though thongs cover very little skin, it still takes a lot of thought to choose the right one for you. So be careful while deciding what to buy.
While they say that not every woman can carry a thong, we would like to disagree. Don’t be afraid to be sexy. Bold G-Strings or flirty SJs? Limeroad has everything you need to bring out Victoria’s Secret goddess in you. Go ahead, browse through Limeroad’s gallery and choose what suits you best. Happy shopping!