Lighting at your house is one of those things that you may not think much about until a bulb goes out or you're in the middle of renovations. There are so many ways you can strategically use your home lighting to change the look and feel of an entire room. One of them is to use wall lights to cast light in certain directions or illuminate areas that may be tough to get light into. While wall lights are essentially nothing more than a lamp affixed to a wall, there are a ton of different types, styles, and finishes that you have to consider.
Limeroad brings you just about every one of them so you can make an informed decision about buying the perfect wall lights.
Light Up Your Living Space
Before you buy a wall light, you have to determine which variety is going to look best in your house and go with your decor. The type of wall lights that you get determines how much light is in a room. To help you figure out which light fixture is best for you, here is a list of the different types of wall lights, as well as a few styles that they come in:
- Flush-Mounted/ Half-Moon: This is typically small, compact and tight against the wall. It can be used both inside or out and comes in a wide variety of styles, designs, and finishes. It is typically used as an accent light and it creates a feel that your wall is completely covered with light.
- Wallchieres: Wallchieres is a decorative option, as their decorative detail sets them apart from other wall lights. Its name comes from a combination of a wall lamp and torchiere floor lamps because they are characteristically long, tall and slim. These are used for indoor use and come in a wide variety of finishes and styles. They are very detailed to add a little something extra to your home decor.
- Lanterns: Designed to add a touch of traditional ambiance to your home, a lantern wall light is one of the most popular choices for outdoor lighting. These are chosen to put around the outside of their homes, especially by the entryway. They give off plenty of light that helps provide a welcoming first impression to your home.
- Picture Light: This is well-known for its long, slender look. The purpose, as its name suggests, is to illuminate a picture or piece of art. They are usually installed just above the piece and the light is aimed back at the work.
- Sign Light: A sign light is very similar to a picture light, except it is designed to light up a larger and a more broad area by flooding a wider area with light. As the name suggests, the most common use for this type of light is to illuminate signs, especially those out in front of a store.
While wall lights certainly are an important decorative feature, they also serve myriad functions for reading, proper task lighting, and general safety. They are important components of properly layered lighting, which adds both beauty and utility to overall design schemes. With an amazing range of decor from Limeroad and spice up your wall by lighting it up!
Related search terms: led lights, lamp, ceiling lights, lighting, decorative lights, lights, hanging lights, halogen light, wall lights