Belts For Women
Belts are now considered to be one of the iconic symbols of style and important accessories. A belt in the entire attire gives your look a completeness. It not only serves as a helping tool but also work as a fashion accessory. A belt is a flexible strap or a long band that is usually made up of leather or heavy duty cloth to provide it durability, that is worn around the waist to hold your pants in place, supports your trouser and even as a fashion statement.
Belts have known to be in use since Bronze Age, a historical period characterized by the extensive use of bronze. Predominantly worn by men, both the sexes have been using them off and on depending on the fashion requirements now. In the western world, belts were more commonly worn by men with an exception of the early middle ages.
Why Do We Wear Belts?
Belts have gone from being a practical tool that was used to support the lowers to being more of decorative glut. The very purpose of the belt is to hold the lower piece of dress to its place or for making a distinction between the upper attire with the lower one. However, with time it has become more of a fashion statement. Despite no waistline issue in the lowers, pants or trousers, people wear it in a voguish sense nonetheless.
Where Does The Belt Go?
The most basic use of the belt goes around the waist on pants and trousers. But with the evolution in the fashion industry, the belts too have been an accessory to do an experiment with. Therefore, without the need for it in a practical manner, it fits the attire effortlessly.
- The belts can be worn in the formal suit-pant.
- It works well with a pair of denim jeans and formal shirts or even the casual t-shirts.
- It can also be tied around on a pair of shorts with a button-down top.
- The beautiful one-piece dresses now have a twist of hooks to hold thin fancy belts.
- The belts can now be styles into the long t-shirt dresses.
What Is A Buckle Made Out Of?
The buckles are generally made of metal, which is used as the base or even plastic and alloys of zinc at times, with platings of different materials. Zinc is used because it is considered softer than steel and is easily poured into moulds and cast into different shapes.
Different Types Of Belts
You must only be familiar with the classic belts or the leather ones, but let's add some more to your knowledge.
- Adjustable buckle belt
- Belts with buckles
- Bowknot buckle belts
- Canvas belts
- Cloth belts
- Corset stretch belts
- Crocheted waist belts
- Chain belts
- Casual belts
- D buckle belts
- Double buckle belts
- Double fasting belts
- Elastic belts
- Fancy waist belts
- Handmade casual belt
- Leather belts
- Polyester belts
- Reversible belts
- Round belts
- Rope waist belts
- Slim belts
- Suede belts
- Tassel belts
- Wrap belts
Styling The Belt
With your outfit, belts are a chic finishing addition to your look. Unlike other accessories, a belt is one such that has received a serious fashion facelift this season and are astoundingly doing well.
- On a jumpsuit, a belt on top of a corset belt will provide a stunning look and will effectively bring out the solid colour of the outfit.
- The bejewelled belt can be worn on a skin-tight one-piece dress when matched with black, red, white and grey colours or the shimmery and glittery colours.
- The corset belts can compliment the drop down shoulder jumpsuits and the short t-shirt dresses too.
- On a designer white frock dress, the industrial bag strap belt can be well paired.
- If you are planning to dress up like a doll in your chiffon or satin one piece all you need as an icing on the cake is a velvet belt that perfectly contrasts with your outfit.
- A wide belt over a blazer is the perfect fit.
- For you to dress up like a model for a fancy party, you just need to tie a fancy feather belt with a studded pretty buckle around your higher waist on a beautiful gown.
- We have known how Kylie has been rocking the corset belt around just a plain t-shirt dress with long boots.. And now it is your turn!
- A belt with scalloped outlines and a beautiful pearl embellished buckle on your outfit will give the apt finishing.
- Your long pencil skirt and white collar cut sleeve top can be parted with a thick belt and a big size square shaped buckle.
- The pearl-studded belt on your long formal gown may be well paired.
- The tassel belts are the one that can go around even on a one piece, on denim, long skirts and shorts.
- The belt that is the most ideal to pair with one piece dresses, both long, midway or short, and with dungaree dresses is the cinch belt.
- Not missing out on pairing the most worn belt of the season is the butterfly buckle celt that is a must try with your party wears.
- The ones that will be gushing in the coming season will be the pompom belts with the suede fabric.
- Yet another, the most experimented look is that of wearing the same colour or print belt as that of the entire outfit.
The very needy and must have in wardrobe belts are the two widely used, the wide belt and the skinny belt.
The wide belt gives you a trimmed waist look. It is very basic and provides a little dramatic but fashion-forward look.
The skinny belts are the most suitable to provide you an elegant look, giving a touch of sophistication. It can be paired well with a pair of slacks.
If you want to the most of your money to be used you should try investing more in solid colours like blue, red and neutrals such as black, brown, beige, white etc. the very benefit of the neutral belts is that it will match with almost every dress in your wardrobe effortlessly.
One article of a plain leather belt is also important, and later you gradually add belts with different colours, textures, belt buckles, details and prints.
Belts For Your Torso
How you place the accessory around the bust, waist and hips can affect the silhouette of one’s body, it can add or trim some pounds. Having knowledge of your waist type allows you to find your perfect fit in a belt that will help you flaunt your curves!
- You should evaluate the length and width of your waist/torso and the hip size too.
- You have an apple body shape if you have a thick waist (full torso) and this indicates that you should have solid colour belts with some stretch in it. This will definitely look good on you and help you to tuck the extra weight.
- The ones with rectangle body, inverted triangle, and lesser volume towards the hip side, you have a straight waist and you should wear a slightly loose top and add a belt on it to give it a snugly look and add volume to your hip area.
- A defined waist is the one with a pear or an hourglass shape. Bring attention to your waist by wearing the bright colours around the thinnest part of your waist.
- Ladies with thinner belts can go for thinner belts that are the same colour as that of the dress or the top. You can by far experiment with the thinnest wide belt possible as the more wider ones may make you look even more shorter!
- Women with shorter torso should avoid contrasting belts with the outfit for obvious reason ( you look even more shorter!, Don’t do that!!)
- The ladies with long waist without any hesitation can wear the wide belts with well contrasting colours with that of your dress.
Create A Fashion Statement
By wearing a plain basic dress and adding a beautiful bead embellished belt can speak volumes about your simple yet classic style. The most simple way to style a belt is to match with your shoes, clutch, handbags or jewellery and this gives you a super chick and subtle look. Yet another way to create a trendy look is experimenting the layered look. This can be done by simply adding a belt around an open cardigan or a loose t-shirt.
Knowing When To Belt
- It is important for you to know that you must not belt any untucked top because it makes it look awkward and unnecessary. If you want to show off the waist prominently, always remember to tuck the upper before belting it.
- Do not belt any pants or jeans that rests on your hips or the one that does not have loops. This will keep you handling it the entire day.
- Take note of when you need a belt around the waist on a dress. It should be basically when you need to shape your waist in the dress and not otherwise which may make it look sloppy.
- The belts on skirts look fabulous and fit beautifully, especially on long or pencil skirts but make sure that the skirt band is perfectly placed on the waist so the belt does not slide.
- You will always want your outfit to feel easy and comfortable and when belting a coat or blazer, if it has a belt of its own do wear it and do not try replacing it with any other.
Related search terms: belt, leather belt, belts for women, belt buckles, waist belt, branded belts, ladies belts, formal belts, genuine leather belt, belt shop