Stoles For Women
As we are being pushed into a colder weather by the gusty winds, it’s challenging for our bodies to adjust. The fluctuating temperatures leave us vulnerable to getting sick. A simple way to protect yourself during these changes of the season while being totally fashionable is to wear a stole. It not only keeps you warm and stylish but it also protects you from wind entering your body. If you are wondering, “What’s wrong with a little wind?”, you should know that from a traditional Chinese medicine perspective, wind can make you sick. This happens when your pores are open and it gets into your body where it does not belong. But we are in no way ready to compromise on our outfits, and we don’t have to, too. The mighty stoles come to the rescue! Buy a stylish warm stole from Limeroad today to keep yourself protected from the chilling cold.
Stoles are one of the first things that come to mind when you think of ways you can keep yourself warm. On a breezy night, a polka-dotted or striped stole will stand out when worn with any dress. But that is not all there is to stoles. Even in the summer, a stole is a versatile piece that can be worn a number of ways, instantly enhancing your ensemble with a splash of color and print. Hard to believe? Imagine a bold and bright stole worn with a white tank and your favorite jeans. Hope you agree with us now!
The Difference Between Scarves, Shawls, Stoles And Wraps
There is a fair amount of confusion about these terms and no wonder as they are frequently used interchangeably. All four terms represent finished pieces of fabrics. They are made from natural fibers such as silk, cashmere, wool, cotton and linen, or man-made fibers such as acrylic and polyester.
From stoles to shawls to wraps, take a look at the differences in these items and where you will find them:
- Scarves: In general, scarves are long and thin; like a typical winter wool scarf or they can be square like a classic silk scarf. In other words, the term is usually used to describe a fabric item that can be wrapped or tied around your neck for both warmth and or style. Scarves may be casual or formal and everywhere in-between.
- Shawls: A shawl is a finished piece of fabric that is quite large and could be shaped as a rectangle, square, or even a triangle. They are big enough to be wrapped around the shoulders more than once. Shawls can be casual, such as those worn on a daily basis, or they might be more elegant, matching a formal dress or outfit.
- Stoles: A stole generally is a fancy version of the shawl, though it has a few other distinctions. It is narrower than a shawl, almost always taking the form of a long, thin rectangle. The term “stole” is also used for the long, narrow drapes worn over the shoulders by students at graduation ceremonies to denote the specific school from which the degree is being conferred.
- Wraps: Wrap is a more recent term, used primarily to describe both shawls and stoles. Effectively it is an interchangeable word that can mean any loose outer garment or piece of material that can be wrapped around the upper body. A wrap can be made of any finished fabric, though it’s generally a used as a more casual fashion accessory.
Benefits Of Wearing A Stole
The benefits of a stole are unlimited including health benefits and looks. It is a known fact that stoles are used as fashion accessories but there is a lot more to them than that. Stoles have some secret benefits too which help a girl in daily life.
Here are some benefits of a scarf:
- To use as an accessory: Stoles are most popularly used as a fashion accessory. Whether it’s winter or summer, a stole is one of the most preferred accessories. It looks cool in summers with your top or dress. Just match a stole with your dress to flaunt it perfectly.
- To keep you warm: A stole has health benefits liking keeping your neck area warm. The acupuncture points located on and around the neck are vulnerable to wind, making it all the more important to keep it covered.
- To get relief from neck pain: When we need something to support our neck, stoles work as pain relievers. So the next time you have neck pain, thank them for their support and don’t throw them away in a corner after the pain goes away.
- To prevent tanning: Stoles are helpful in nature as they prevent you from scorching heat of the bright sun. Tanning is the worst thing that one would surely like to avoid in summers. Hiding behind a stole lets you play a safe game.
- To hide your face when you don’t want to be seen: A stole is truly beneficial when you bunk your classes and go out or when you want to hide from the judgemental stares of the society when you’re out with your boyfriend. This savior gives you an escape.
- To save yourself from the dust: Stoles are your best friends and they prove it when you are out in a dusty area. The loads of dust that they bear for you, the way they protect your skin and hair show that they are the kind of friends that can’t be replaced.
Styling Options Unlimited
Of all the winter accessories out there, the stole is easily the most versatile. Considering the countless combinations of tying, tucking, draping, and general zhooshing, this one piece of fabric can literally be worn a million and one ways. As the chilly winter winds creep inside your pullover, it is time for you to pull out the stoles and scarves from the dusty corner of your cupboard and give them a go. Wearing a stole is easy but the hard part comes when you have to decide which style to sport. The best part about stoles is that along with being a necessity, they have become a fashion accessory that can transform your normal plain outfit into a stylish one. When it comes to wearing and learning how to wear stoles, there are no limits or hard and fast rules to follow as such.
Here are a couple of styles you could try:
- The Classic Drape: This is the simplest way to drape a stole, scarf or a shawl. This style suits women of all ages. To have this look, drape the stole around the shoulders in one complete loop and tuck the loose end back into the loop at the nape of your neck. To get a chic and modern look, wear this with jeans or a tailored skirt and top.
- The Modern One-Loop: This is the most casual and chic way to wear your stole. To make this style perfect, drape your stole around your neck with one end hanging almost at the waist level and the other end lower than that. Then wrap the longer end around the neck once. Check the length of both the ends and adjust the heights to make it equal. This style works best when you are wearing a casual pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt.
- The Infinity Drape: This style is considered as a more finished version of the modern one-loop. Wear the stole around your neck and knot its loose ends together. Then, use the large loop around your neck to form a figure 8 with one loop around your neck. Make the second loop go inside the 8 around your neck to finish the drape. This style is a casual style. But, if you wear a scarf made of a luxurious fabric, like silk or pashmina, you can wear it with formals too.
- The Waterfall: Loop the stole twice around the neck and make sure that the loops are small. Then take one of the loose ends and tuck it into the loop at the nape of your neck. Adjust the fabric at this end of the stole to make it look like a waterfall. Make sure that the other end of the stole is so short that it gets hidden behind the fall.
- The Bunny Ear: Wear the stole over your shoulder and make sure that one end is longer than the other end. Then make a loop with the longer the end around your neck twice in the same direction. Take the same end that you looped around the neck and fir through the second loop and tie a simple overhand knot using both ends of the stole. Finally make the loops over the knot to make the two ends dangling off the loop, slightly to the side.
- The Turtleneck: Wear the stole over your shoulder keeping one end significantly longer than the other end. Next, take the longer end and loop it around the neck three or four times in the same direction. Tie a simple knot with both ends of the stole and then tie another knot to make use of the excess fabric. Lastly, tuck in the knot underneath the loop to hide the excess fabric.Transform your simple looks and give a funky new twist to your regular outfit with a trendy stole from Limeroad. At Limeroad, you will find that stoles we host have the potential to augment your personality in ways you may have never imagined.
Tips To Add A Little Twist
Stoles for all seasons, and not just for winters! You could style the humble garment in more ways than one when you learn how to wear stoles. Stoles are trendy and can be haute trendsetters too. You can wear them with Indian ethnic wear, indo-western numbers, western office wear or street style them too, you just have to be creative when learning how to wear stoles.
Here are some out of the box tips you could experiment with your stole:
- Belt it up: If you want to wear a stole in a completely different style, don’t merely wrap it around your neck. Wear a monochromatic outfit, and drape a printed stole so that both ends fall in the front. Then belt it around your waist to give your outfit some shape and definition. You will need a large scarf, typically rectangular to achieve this look.
- In your hair: The best thing a casual summer outfit could use is a stole tied around your messy buns, like a bandana or a boho turban.
- Pair it with a blazer: For a subtle look, go for a smaller stole in darker shades which will blend with your outfit. Stoles are the best option to pair with summer blazers because they are available in a variety of solid, patterns, prints and plaids, easy to complete an outfit.
Well, these are just some ideas to get your creative juice flowing. Keep experimenting with the unique collection of stoles at Limeroad and be ready to accept the compliments that come your way.