The jewels are a significant part of all Indian weddings and also for every Indian brides, though the type of jewel accessories and the model varies between different regions and caste in our country. The precious jewels are meant to bring auspicious luck and prosperity in their life particularly in marriages so depending on the bride’s culture she may be found wearing jewels according to their family tradition. In the jewellery world, the term bangle widely refers to the style of a bracelet that’s circular and closed by form which is more loosely worn with just the thin and rigid style of Indian tradition. The colorful varieties of harams otherwise known as long chains, choker, ear studs, jhumkas, anklets,nose ring, necklaces bring a visual treat with a style statement for many women not only in India but across the globe. Since ages Women have donned jewels and have flaunted them with utmost grace and pride. Each jewelry set have different names and forms of identity throughout India like as with northern side people refer to them as ‘choodi’, while it is churi in Bengali, and ‘Valail’ in South India. Whether it’s a young woman or an aged woman jewels are a primary favorite accessory for women, and have over the years maintained their popularity.
As like clothing and other accessories jewellery sets is not just a beauty piece but a beautiful way to adore a women by keeping their signature style intact, jewellery can be the best reason to glam up a women’s natural look at an instant. These days there are plenty of online shopping portals providing us with a large array of styles in jewellery with every type of ethnic wear. With lots of styles to choose from, right addition of earrings, bracelets, kadas, necklace and rings may add bling to your personality. For every woman there are most sorted jewelry guide who wishes to look dazzling with every type of look, formal, casual or just a social get-together. There are various type of jewelry as antique type which is a quite popular choice among women , bead jewelry which is an age old one made of gold, silver, copper, clay, ivory etc, bridal jewelry popular among indians made of top class metals such as silver and platinum, fashion jewelry for trend conscious women, Filigree work which is done on silver metal involving lots of precision added with great amount of patience and an eye for minute details, gold jewelry mostly used by women for adorning themselves and also traditional, gold has been considered auspicious among hindus, handmade jewelry which is a major chunk of jewelry in the country is made by independent craftsmen, ivory metal jewelry which is made from the tusk of an elephant weared during marriage ceremony. Jadau Jewelry is one of the major example for high skilled craftsmanship which was brought into India by the Mughals and is also called engraved jewelry, In Meenakari jewelry, precious stones are set and then enameled with gold. In Navratna type of jewelry nine different variety of auspicious stones are used in a single ornament with the belief that the nine stones together ensure the well being of the person who wears it. Pachchikam jewelry making craft is one of the examples of jewelry that has come back once again which originated from the regions of Gujarat and Kutch. Pachchikam jewelry has again become popular with the jewelry studded with different gems is quite popular among Indians. For reasons of spiritual and other common issues the gemstones has become the important part of both Indian women and men. Temple jewelry of India initially used to be described as the jewelry used to adorn the idols of Gods and Goddesses but now commonly in trend with the statues in India ornamented in chunky necklaces.
Types Of Jewellery Set
- Hand Harness: Hand harness looks stunning and so modern but reality has something else to speak. It is one of the most traditionally used ornaments once upon a time by Indian women or those belonging to royal family background. Usually it is comprised of bangle or bracelet attached with a chain to a ring so one can style it with by wearing the best ethnic wear such as anarkali or kurti with different types of salwars. There are also different possibilities by trying it with types of hand harness, one with pearl strand and golden ring or platinum whole with contemporary design. Also one cannot wear too much rings if you are planning to wear this one by trying to keep up your bare look in your fingers when wearing hand harness.
- Tiara: Just same case as with hand harness, tiara also has an old traditional story with it having a more refined version to that of crown, tiara was worn by the young princesses in olden days. This has a more compact and chain style design with a different version also called as maang tika which is admired as the elegant jewel to decorate your hair and forehead. Toe Rings: If one like to dress up in ethnic wear then wearing toe rings will be a wise choice which is available in gold and silver material. As Patiala salwars or churidars are the timeless pieces in the category of ethnic wear for women, toe rings have been worn from the old ages by every woman in India. Not only in India, but these amazing toe rings are also worn by western country women as well. They are also available in a spruced up way with precious and semi precious stones or gems with the toe rings carrying health advantages also.
- Earrings: As everyone know earrings are available in various types and forms which are individually awesome to be paired with different types of ethnic wears and some type even with western dresses. There are various types of earrings according to the type of wear as Stud Earrings with these are the shortest form of earrings and fit exactly on the ear lobe sturdily. One can wear stud earrings with short tunics or designer kurtis when heading for college or just when hanging out with friends. The next evergreen in trend is the Jhumkis which are the real traditional type of earrings and can be worn with flared ethnic wears such as online Anarkali kurtis , frock style kurtis. Most of the brides prefer to wear big size jhumkas for their wedding as it goes well with the wedding sarees and lehengas.The Chandelier Earrings is that one with royal taste with these earrings having the same shape as that of home decor and are little lavish in size and thus perfect to get them with angrakha kurtis or with grand designer sarees. Hoop earrings be like a loop through the ear lobes which will be in round form. But these days various shapes such as square, polygon or other contemporary shapes are available in the market or online shopping sites. Threader earrings are two faced and have chain detailing at their back side hanging straight down which can be worn with designer salwar suits. The drop earrings are just like tender drop hanging from the ear lobes which can go well with georgette sarees online and long kurtis. The ear cuffs are truly for the fashionistas from the fashion ramps of the globe which are available with amazing stone studs and cover the exterior of ears elegantly.
- Bangles & Kadas: Right from early age precious stones and materials such as gold, silver, pearls, rubies, and diamonds were used to adorn these bangles which make them with ornate and eye catching look. Basic colors such as red, green and gold were used for brides since these colours symbolize auspicious status but in this modern age one can find a vast array of colors such as pink, purple, yellow, green, black, gold, silver, orange, blue and even white. The form and style of bangles have undergone various modifications with earlier types being extremely simple with worn by the women without any embellishments. When compared to the traditional bangles which were thin and simple these days with high end of innovation by the designers bangles have taken a new form with thick sized which are either square or round in shape with designs like flower motifs,hand painted ones in variety of colours incorporated with designs like polka dots, stripes and check patterns come with all kinds of add-ons and styles. The designs of Rajasthan have its own delicacy which is an example of kada bangles.The kada are given a peacock design studded with American diamonds which is open from one side so it can be made to fit to anyone. kada is found in various other decorative pieces such as the parrot, floral designs which indicates the symbol of purity & love thus enhancing the look on ethnic dresses.
- Rings: Rings are the charming pieces one never wishes to be missed out at any type of occasion. Single studded or metallic rings are elegant to be worn with ethnic wears but one should also try multiple rings with designer lehengas or sarees. There are contemporary styled rings to be worn with fusion ethnic wears. Rings are available in various sizes of all age groups in different styles and shapes with stones such as ruby, emerald, diamond, platinum, silver, pearl etc.
- Chokers & Necklaces: Necklaces and chokers are the substantial pieces which cannot be replaced if you are planning for the royal glimpse at every occasion. This kind of jewellery makes every woman stand out from the crowd in a beautiful way. Chokers are the tight one which generally covers up the length of the neck whereas the necklaces vary with lengths and width. One can wear them with any type of ethnic wear, especially with designer sarees, deep neck lehengas or ravishing salwar suits. Anklets: If one is not wishing to wear heavy rambling foot harness, anklet will be an ideal pick. This ornament is also an essential part of all Indian women which is forever known to be the symbol of marriage for Indian Women. If you love to adorn this beautiful ornament, you don’t need to choose old traditional style there are wide choices of bold, contemporary designs of all variety of materials to make it work and suitable for one’s own personal style.
- Nose Rings: These are the most admired ornament of every Indian bride which adds extra glory to her complete look. Indian women have huge love for bright, gleaming ornaments with being embellished for fancy occasions. Nose rings has its own great value in our indian culture because of its elegant look even modern women would like to wear it.
At Limeroad the jewelry sets of various types and designs irrespective of the ages are available to be worn on special occasions like festivals, functions, and religious occasions with sarees, salwar kameez, and lehengas. Whether one wants a fancier set of jewel types, or the simpler kind, there is a variety to suit everyone’s basic need and taste at Limeroad. Jewelries are always much in vogue and is frequently used as a prop and accessory on the international runways. The traditional jewels holds a timeless appeal and has always soaked up attention from various sections of society and cultures. Even celebrities have flaunted various designs of jewel set for both traditional and modern dressing on special occasions, which have popularized this accessory to a large extent, especially amongst young women across the globe.