Anklets And Payals
An anklet, also called ankle chain, ankle bracelet or anklet string, is an ornament worn around the ankle. Barefoot anklets and toe rings historically have been worn for centuries by girls and women in India, where it is commonly known as payal. They have also been worn by Egyptian women since predynastic times.These are accessories worn on the leg and can be found worn in most parts of India. Dancers who performed traditional dances wear anklets, to make sounds. It is a custom among such dancers, and these are seen even during the present day.
Why To Wear Them?
- They have been wearing it for many generations, and it is good to preserve such a custom. It was basically worn for religious purposes but soon became a fashion favourite in all parts of the world. It enhances your feet and legs and fits in with most of the outfits.
- Traditionally, many women prefer wearing this on their ankles to look more feminine, and this trend has therefore been seen for the longest time.
- There are anklets with little bells at its end and makes the sweetest noises ever heard. An anklet can be worn on either ankle; there is no significance to what it means to wear it on the left or on the right. Anklets can be made of silver, gold and other less precious metals as well as leather, nylon, plastic and other such materials.
What Are The Types?
- Metal anklets often called payal in India, are made by tying links in a chain. Subsequently, bells that make sound can be attached to the chain, so that the wearer can make pleasing sounds while walking. The sound was also a reminder for people that there was a woman around, during the ancient times.
- It was traditionally known as ‘payals’ and is one of the basic accessories to own for Indians. It goes along best with traditional clothing such as sarees or tunics, but is also seen on a lot of western clothing. You can get it in various sizes, be it thick or thin, and is seen mostly in gold, silver and fine jewellery. you can get it with little stones on it or sometimes, just a plain one, and can be worn at all times.
- It is very easy to use and feels very light on the skin. Anklets come in various sizes, even though the standard size is ‘9’, but you can measure it around your ankle for the right size to buy your anklets properly.
How To Wear Them?
For a modern take on this, wear denim jeans, white shirt, leather jackets, layered necklaces, and anklets or pays. This accessorising really makes the outfit look more charming. Also wear it with a traditional saree, heels,
and antique jewellery, to bring the sense of your ethnicity. It definitely gives a different appeal when worn and is sure to look good on all women.
Shop these at lime road for a good experience.