Necklaces For Women
As the name suggests, the ornament is worn around the neck and is being adorned by humans since ages. They are the earliest types of jewelry present. It basically consists of a cord,band, chain that wraps the neck. The necklaces are preferably made of either gold, silver, platinum or diamond. They can be solid, one piece or may have attachments or installations. It is mostly pendants, lockets, crosses, precious or semi-precious stones. The stones can be Diamonds, Pearls, Rubies, Sapphires, Garnets and Emeralds.
But nowadays artificial jewellery is a lot in fashion and people prefer 'em over real metals. As they look beautiful and have a variety of designs available. They are also economic and pretty smart on the other hand. You can even customize the necklace and get it according to one’s wish. All these are sorted for you at LimeRoad for the perfect pick.
Secret Of The Lengths
Women usually have a whole collection of necklaces. They have a variety of them unless they stick to a particular length that they adore. The truth of the matter is that there are a variety of necklaces that are designed for different purposes. There are standard necklace lengths that suit and compliment you.
- Collar Necklace- They lie flat to the body rather than hanging. Also, known as crewnecks, they are 12-13 inch in length. Generally made up of 2 or 3 strands of pearl or kundan. It encircles your neck and the collar region as the name suggests. This type of necklace is especially flattering on tall, slim necks.
- They are ideal for turtlenecks, boat necks, V-necks, or off-the-shoulder outfits, collar necklaces are superb to make a statement.
- Choker Necklace- Around 14-16 inches long, and it sits around the base of the neck. One can wrap it loosely or tightly situated against the base of the throat. Chokers are usually made of velvet, plastic, beads, latex, leather, metal, such as silver, gold or platinum, etc. The chokers are adorned with pendants or studs to make it even more attractive. Choker Necklace with Polki and Pearl, Kundan and Beads choker necklace, Jadau choker necklace are some of the traditional picks to add the elegance. These have delicate filigree work and embedded stones that does wonders with a maroon saree. Chokers are preferred in Western styles as well. They are mostly black with vintage and gothic designs. The choker can be layered or attached with a pendant or hangings or a feather. Some have buckles, long chains or cut works for a chic look. The Choker length will fall just a bit above most collar lines, because of this it is very suitable to wear with almost anything. Choker necklaces are appropriate for a first necklace.
- Princess Necklace- They are well suited for wear with crew or high necklines. The princess necklace is 17-19 inches in length. This is the most common type of necklace and can be worn with any outfit. It sits right at the collarbone and due to its strategic length it falls down from most of the collar bones. There are a variety of heavy and light designs for every occasion. You can pair a light, decent piece with a silk saree or a kurti for an absolute look. While a heavy, dainty piece can be worn with a lehenga for a wedding or a special event.
- Matinee Necklace- The Matinee necklace is around 20-23 inches. Its length falls lower than the princess necklace and it sits below the collarbone. Or it may be between the collarbone and the bust depending on the length. It looks pretty with plunging necklines. It is embellished with pearls and beads for a splendid view. You can also team it up with high collars such as turtlenecks. Also, it can be paired up because of its length. Wearing this with solid colors and less heavy dresses makes it even more attractive.
- Opera Necklace- This is the perfect pick for those who love a bit of drama! The opera length necklace is 26 - 35 inches long and offers many attractive options. It can fall just below the bust or hanging out an inch or two below it. The Opera design has a wider range of lengths. It can be worn in layers. The opera length can sometimes be paired with a shorter length or can be doubled for a doubled strand collar. Knot it up at the neckline to create a vintage look for a cocktail party. This necklace does well with evening wear and high necklines. Although using them to accessorize more casual attire has become a fresh, cutting-edge fashion statement.
- Rope Necklace- The rope necklace is the longest amongst all. It is 36 inches and longer and sits anywhere below the bust and above the navel. It is also known as 'lariat’. This luxurious length can be both elegant and sexy and is appropriate for both evening wear or a business meeting. Ropes are commonly wrapped, doubled or tripled for layers to create a stunning multi-strand choker. The rope length necklace also has the option of being knotted for a charming modern look reminiscent of the height of 1920s flapper fashion. It can be made with several clasps, enabling it to be broken down into different necklace and bracelet combinations. Though mostly worn with formal evening wear, there’s nothing to stop you from spinning around your casual outfit into a stylish one with this versatile piece.
Spilling the secret was much fun!! So why wait, get all these vintage and stylish neck-pieces exclusively on LimeRoad.
Explore The Options
The necklaces are basically categorized according to the occasions and every girl should know about it. You can pair a pearl necklace with the fit bodycon black dress. Also, a statement neckpiece can enhance the beauty of the outfit. So it is of paramount importance that you get the perfect necklace for the appropriate event.
Here you can check out different types of necklaces for a better understanding on LimeRoad.com!
- Multi-coloured string necklace- They are simple and have the capability to spice up any light or white colored outfit. They look great with all sort of outfits. There is a splurge of colors that completely twists the way your outfit looks. You can wear it to the beach or a brunch or a movie date and never go wrong.
- Plastron necklace- These pieces are heavy and cover the region above the bust. They can jazz you up with their finesse and boho-chic look. They are embellished with mirrors and hangings. You can pair it up with a kurti, suit or top to add extravaganza to an evening look. This is definitely gonna grab you some spotlight.
- Bib necklace- As the name suggests you can wear it just like a bib. They are chunky and heavy metal made necklaces to enhance the beauty of a plain dress be it a kurti or a bodycon dress. It looks really good with deep, plunging necklines. It is the best possible replacement for those winter scarves as it adds to your look. You can wear this to work as long as you keep the outfit simple and elegant!
- Thread necklace- These are one of the most stylish necklaces and come in ranging lengths from 14-20 inches. Made of colourful threads tied in knots to give the necklace a unique look, these necklaces are mostly paired with oxidized silver pendants. Be it a saree, suit or fusion, these lovely vibrant pieces can go well with absolutely any Indian outfit at any time of the day. So, the next time you can’t decide what piece to wear with your outfit, let this one save you.
Excited much to add these to your collection? Grab all these on LimeRoad.com and set a trend with these pieces and make the heads turn your way!
The necklaces share much of their terminology with bracelets although they sre worn on different parts of the body. The main parts of the necklace are-
- Metal or fabric chains for the foundation.
- Clasps or fasteners to secure them.
- Decorative ornaments such as pendants.
Chain style jewelry pieces come in a variety of different styles. Normally, three factors describe metal chains-
Further, there are a variety of chain styles-
- Double rope
- Herring bone
These are often used to string up beads, pearls and other stones for necklaces. Initially, silk threads were used but now they are replaced by polyester ones because of their durability and more life span. Other popular cord materials are leather, velvet, and hemp. Cords of varying thickness are available. The holes of the beads should be slightly larger than the diameter of the cord.
The material, shape and size of the beads should be considered while buying them. Bead makers utilize pearls, many gems, plastic, wood, metals and shells. They can be in oval, tubular, lentil or disk-shaped. They can also be used as spacers between other beads or the centerpieces.
They make it easier to wear these jewelry pieces. Without clasps, putting on a necklace could be difficult. The size and quality of the clasp should complement the bracelet or necklace. There are nearly as many styles of clasps as there are jewelry styles.
- Lobster clasp
- Spring ring clasp
- Hook and eye clasp
Pendants are used for decorating the necklace and they hang from a chain or band. They may include gems, stones or other objects to allure the beauty of the necklace. They come in different shapes and sizes.
There are basically two types of pendants-
- Pearl enhancers
- Slide pendants
Pearl enhancers can be stuck in the cord, chain or a beaded necklace and they enhance thr beauty of the piece, as the name suggests. Whereas slide pendants keep moving along the chain or chord but cannot be used in beadee necklaces.
Bring a classy change to your everyday mundane look by adding statement pieces to your collection. With perfect neck-piece, you can skip the earrings as well. Shop all of these at Limeroad without any hassle. We bring you the best for the best!