Necklaces And Earrings For Women
Humans have been wearing jewellery since time immemorial. It is either to enhance their overall look, to create an impression or to make a statement of status. Jewellery are an all time favourite of women. There is a wide variety that we match it with our outfits. We all have our own preferences of jewellery. Among the wide variety of jewellery, the favourite and most popular used is ‘Necklace’.
What Is A Necklace?
Necklace set is a piece of jewellery worn around the neck by women in general. It is made of variety of metals like platinum, silver, gold embedded with different colourful stones, Kundan and precious, semi precious gems.
A lot of girls and women wear various jewellery to enhance their style quotient. This piece of jewellery- the necklace is a combination of earrings with some also including earrings, bangles and rings. Usually, the whole necklace set is worn on some big occasions like weddings or festivals.
Types Of Necklace Sets
Let’s check the different necklaces available at LimeRoad-
- Beaded necklace set- These necklaces are made of beads. The beads are made of crystal, glass, wood, clay. It is worn on casual dresses and t- shirts to give that perfect look. They are the latest rage among the youngsters.
- Bib necklace set- A bold combination of bling layers and beads.These chunky jewellery are paired with simple tops. It gives funky classy look to your outfit. A replacement of old style scarf with small neck pieces. Pair it with Kurtis, deep neck tops or neckless dresses.
- Blossom necklace chain- These fashionable chains are best for gifting your friends and family. They are strand of small, thin chains with little flowers or other small designs on them. The designs or flowers are embedded with kundans or stones. These necklace chains with small earrings are perfect for daily wear and goes along well with any outfit.
- Choker- Worn very close to neckline. It goes well with ethnic like sari and Kurtis and modern style tops too. It comes in varying length from fourteen to sixteen inch. It glams up your look with any outfit and any occasion.
- Collar necklace- These necklaces come in twelve to thirteen inch length. They are made of kundans, pearls and add grace to your look. It looks perfect for necklines with off shoulder tops, V- shape, collar neck design tops.
- Lariat- These are unique kind of necklaces that are rope like chain worn in single stand. Chain necklaces have a loop through which an end pass giving it a lariat style. It is best combined with formals and even tees and casual tops.
- Leaf chain necklace set- It has gold plated chain with aspen leaf. Ideal for any kind of outfit as they are available in many designs and vibrant colours. They are worn by teenagers with modern outfits. Also perfect for gifting.
- Matinee necklace set- It looks best for wide neck outfits. Their length is twenty to twenty two inch and hangs above your neck part.
- Multi Coloured string necklace set- These necklaces add classy touch to your attire. It looks perfect on light coloured clothes as these necklaces are brightly coloured. Wear them with light colour saree, Kurtis or tops to give the much needed drama to the whole look. Multi color strings sets are hot favourites for college going girls and by party goers.
- Opera necklace set- These sets are long with varying length from twenty six to thirty six inches. It can be customised according to your needs. They can be worn on one single strand with high necklace or double strand. Best combined with formal evening wear for that stylish vintage look.
- Plastron necklace set- The heavy mirror type of jewellery that goes well with sleek long Kurtis having Pakistani cut at the end. Typically long covering the neck above the bust.
- Pretty simple gold plated necklace set- They are simple chains that are made of gold plating. They are preferred as daily wear cause of the simplicity, design pattern and are easy to carry. These pretty chains with earrings can be combined with pendants or lockets in centre of the neck.
- Princess necklace set- Usually worn by ladies and brides too. They come with varying length between seventeen to nineteen inch. It is paired with matching earrings. It looks perfect with almost all ethnic wears like lehengas, half sarees, sarees and Kurtis.
- Tassel necklace set- Pair it with summer outfits for that elegant and graceful look. Latest trend for all age.
- Thread necklace set- These artificial necklaces are made of different colourful thread that are knotted. It consist of hangings and oxidised pendants. Goes well with all outfits. Usually preferred by women wearing sarees as it gives elegant dignity look.
Choosing Your Necklace
So now that we know of the various necklace type, let’s take a step forward and know about the other details.
- Standard length for women necklace
- 14 inch necklace- Choker fit and wraps closely around your neck.
- 16 inch necklace- Falls like a collar around the base of your neck.
- 18 inch necklace- Sits elegantly on collarbone and a popular choice.
- 20 inch necklace- Falls just below your collarbone.
- 22 inch necklace- Just above or falls at the top of the bust.
- Right Necklace length for female body
Right necklace can make any outfit stand and be the emphasis of a woman’s body. So it is important to consider the length of the necklace in accordance to your body. When choosing the length of your necklace it is necessary to consider features like your face shape, neck, height and body type.
- Face shape- Necklace serves an important purpose of framing your face. Necklace highlights your strongest features of your face. Round face women should avoid chokers or short necklaces as this will emphasis the roundness. Women with oval face can wear any necklace shape, type or length. Long face women should wear shorter necklaces so as to soften and broaden their face shape. Choker and Princess necklaces measuring 16-18 inch will look best. It will add length. Heart shape face looks perfect with short necklace or choker. It creates the illusion of balance and fullness.
- Neck size- Measuring your neck before making the purchase is a wise decision. The easy way to measure your neck is take a soft measuring tape, wrap it closely around your neck. Whatever your neck measurement is add two inch to that and the result is the comfortable length of chokers which are sized at 16 inch. Add four inch to that and that is the length for name necklace or pendant, which is usually attached on 18 inch chain for women.
- Height- Women below 5’4” look great in 16- 20 inch necklace length. Long necklace will overwhelm smaller frame. Women between the height 5’4” to 5’7” and above can wear necklaces of any length. Long chain style necklace looks perfect on tall women as it highlights their tall frame.
- Body type- Small bust women would look great with long layered chains or long thin chains. Necklace that sits below the breast line should be avoided by full figured women as this length will not hang appropriately. Instead, a necklace of length 18- 22 inch that sits slightly higher is preferable.
Choosing the right necklace length that flatters your body type is important as oppose to jumping on what’s trending. At LimeRoad we feature a range of necklace styles and chain lengths that you will love it.
What Are Earrings?
Earrings like necklaces are a piece of jewellery worn attached to earlobe for decoration. The most common means of attaching earrings to the earlobe is to pierce holes in the ear lobes. But other varieties like spring clips, tensioning device like screw backs and for heavy earrings, loops are passed over the top of ear or attached to the hair.
Types Of Earrings
Choosing a good pair of earrings is an art as women love to accessories. At LimeRoad we help you in this process by bringing the different earrings styles along with some advice on selecting them.
- Stud earrings- Best jewellery piece for elegant stylish look. These earrings are forever trendy for the fashion loving diva in you. It is closely attached with the ear and looks perfect. From single pearl to simple diamond or small cluster of stones. These studs can be easily worn for any occasion.
- Danglers- These beautiful pairs are meant to dangle below a centrepiece. They pair well with anarkalis and suits. It looks gorgeous and even show with open hairdo. Plus, you need not wear a necklace as it is grand in itself.
- Chandelier earrings- It starts with a stud and gets broader towards the end, similar to chandelier shape. These lavish earrings are made with precious gemstone and many layers of pearls. Pair it with designer women wears for that complete look.
- Chand Balis- This impeccable pair looks brilliant on every woman irrespective of skin tone, body shape and size. The clean design of closely attached pearls and the ethnic appeal adds glow to your overall look.
- Hoop earrings- A single giant ring or loop of various continuous rings or ones with pearls or other detailing. It is evergreen bringing a stylish grace to your look.
- Kaan chains- These earrings come with long chains, with delicate designs or pearls embedded to be pinned to your hair or hooked. It looks stunning with hair styles and even with loose hairstyles. Wear it for family get togethers like various functions of the wedding.
- Drop earrings- These earrings have symmetric flow of movement. It has an exact shape and design making them move in a straight line. Usually they have a large gemstone studded at the end to dangle. The teardrop earrings are also an extension of this type.
- Needle thread earrings- It works like needle and thread. By using the needle to insert the earrings into your ear holes and adjusting the length as per your need. The thin chain slips into ear hole and falls loose downward. Light in weight and easy to carry for any ceremony or occasion. You can easily wear them for office meetings.
- Jhumkas- The endless style with layers of latkans or silver engraved one with simple multi colour drops. It blends easily with almost every outfit and looks gorgeous.
- Feather earrings: These earrings have become the trend for its striking appeal and bold look. They are extremely light and fashionable. They pair well with your casuals as well as your party wears.
- Huggy earrings- These petite earrings hugs your ears from both sides ensuring secure connection. This oval shaped earrings with different designs are common among the young as they stay in place without any extra protection. A variant of hoop style earrings.
- Ear cuffs- The current rage among the young and trendy. Either from front or back side of earring it covers the whole ear lobe looking sassy. Pair it with western wears or Indo western for that stylish look.
- Kashmiri Dejhoor earrings- These Kashmiri earrings include a pair of danglers, resting on earlobe plus an extra chain with drop going behind your ears. Wearing it with ethnic looks elegant.
Earrings Back Types
This means the mechanism by which earrings connect to earlobe piercing. It is an important aspect as it governs both your comfort and security.
- Fish hook- Long hook shape wire going inside the piercing. There is no back screw and are easy to wear and remove.
- Push back- A small hole sliding onto the post. Easy to wear and the backing is butterfly shaped. Popular backing style but security is questionable as it works on basis of friction.
- Screw back- The above security problem is solved in this type. The post has a threading and backing is screwed onto the post. So it is not possible to unscrew without wearer’s intervention. The only disadvantage is it takes more time to put it.
- Latch back- The hoop earrings are mostly hinged backing.
- Lever back- An extension of fish hook with a lever to avoid slippage of hook from hole.
Choosing Your Earrings- Face Shape
Experts are of the opinion that choose earrings based on your face type and not skin tone or attire.
Earrings should be selected that flatters your face type. So have a correct understanding of your face shape for choosing the right earrings. Even the overall shape of earrings is important as the style that you are opting for.
- Oval face- These face shape women can choose almost any style of earrings. Striking appearance is created by selecting oval shape earring especially the teardrop earrings.
- Long face- Adding softness to such face shape by cluster pearl earrings that dangle is the best bet. Preferable select elongated curve earrings that accentuate your cheekbone and minimise the face length.
- Round face- The earrings should give an elongated look to your face structure. So a dangle and teardrop earrings could be best. The design should be angular rather than rounded.
- Square face- Usually these faces are characterised by strong cheekbones, so the earrings should soften the features. Slightly elongated, round designs, oversized hoops would be a great trendy option.
- Heart face- Designs featuring elongated curves that emphasis jawlines, cheekbones and eyes are best. Chandeliers, dangles and teardrops are best suited for this face type.
- Diamond face- Hoops and dangles with soft curves are best suited for this face type. Too much curves that highlights sharp cheeks and jaw lines should be avoided.
Related search terms: necklace, necklace design, gold necklace, chain necklace, necklace set, earrings, jewelry, gold earrings, earings, earring