Hair Color Products For Women
Whether you’re daring color or you want to try highlights out this time. Nowadays, using hair dye has become unavoidable. It might be to cover up your grays, or simply for a change in your look. When it comes to hair color range, the list is endless.
Today women of all age are fond of hair colors as the colors are available in different shades and made by various branded companies. Entry of international brands has widen up more option for hair color products for women.
Whether you wish to get a lighter brown color on your hair or a dark burgundy, there is a tremendous amount of options available for you on LimeRoad. So before getting your hair done, you should know about all the available products in the market and then choose what will be the best for you and your type.
Types Of Hair Colors
There is a difference between coloring technique and the type of color suitable for your needs. There are different type of hair color products according to one’s requirement. If you are coloring your hair for the first time, one should know what all type of hair color products are available, to get the best out of them.
There are 4 types of hair color products for women available on LimeRoad:
1. Temporary or Temp Hair Color
Seeing shades of gray and pastels trending your Instagram feed these days. These vibrant trendy colors makes up for a pretty picture, but these bold looks cannot be carried for long term. If you are looking for hair colors for a shorter duration, worry not, temporary hair colors are here for that reason only. They coats the outside of the hair and when you wash your hair next time, this color will wash out and the original shade of your hair will be visible again. This allows you to experience a new hair shade without the long-term commitment. These are merely temp pigments, found mostly in spray form, sometimes in cream form also.
2. Semi-Permanent Hair Dye
So, if you’re ready to take the temp hair look a little further than few days, then comes the semi-permanent hair color. These are generally not formulated with ammonia, therefore requirement any development. They can lasts anywhere from 4-12 washes, depending upon the brand of hair color and shampoo you use. These are low-maintenance, doesn’t contain harsh chemicals such as ammonia or peroxide, and less of a long-commitment. They also add gloss and shine to dull looking hair, and great to use when you are growing out permanent colored hair. These hair dyes are also used to provide temporary root touch-ups to conceal gray roots add instant volume.
3. Permanent Hair Dye
And after all the testing and selecting the color you want to dye your hair with, permanent hair dye is the right option for you. These dyes require more complex chemical processing and penetrate your hair more deeply. Therefore, hair color lasts for weeks without fading. Permanent hair coloring is used to lighten, darken or tone your hair, to provide high gray coverage and give you a spectacular look. Although it is called permanent, there is no ever-lasting colour but it can remain vibrant for longer if properly cared.
4. Hair Bleach
If you have naturally dark brown or black hair, you will need a hair bleach to lighten your hair before dyeing it to the hair color of your choice. Bleach is a great way to lighten and brighten your hair, further which can be highlighted in the tones of your choice.
If you’re not looking for all-over color, hair highlight is the suitable option for you. This is achieved by dyeing the different segments of the hair to help promote depth, shade and tone. The boring looking highlights of the past are long gone, and today is time of more dimensional, toned-down look, which refreshes your monotonous locks.
Rather than sticking to one type of highlights, these are various ways to highlight your hair, these include:
- Ombre: Ombre highlight is a shadowing technique used to seamlessly blend two colors, with hair generally being darker at the roots and gradually fades into a lighter shade towards the tips, the main aim of an ombre is to have no harsh visible lines between two shades, giving your hair a more elegant look.
- Sombre: Sombre is a hair coloring technique where there is a lower contrast between the hair at the roots and the hair at the ends, and the dark shade at the roots subtly merges into the hair color at the ends for a more seamless blends. This effect of hair coloring can be achieved with a range of combinations of hair colors.
- Balayage: Balayage hair became one of the hottest, most popular coloring technique in recent years. This technique involves painting on the its adds highlights where they will pick up the light, and hence give your hair a youthful glow.
- Lowlights: instead of picking strands to lighten, this technique introduce darker tones to the hair. Usually, used in a combination with other coloring techniques, lowlights add depth and dimension to your hair. This is ideal for those with lighter strands who want to try a dark hue without getting an all over color. Lowlights also helps hair to appear thicker and more voluminous, making it a great coloring technique for women with fine hair.
- Textured Highlights: It is just opposite of lowlights. In textured hair highlighting technique, thin slices of hair is taken to color in a shade lighter to your natural shade. This style combines different shades of highlights to help create a multi-dimensional look and provides volume to your hair.
According To Your Skin Color
Just like the colors of your outfit need to work together, color of your hair and skin need to complement each other well. By choosing a hair color that suits your skin color, it enhances your natural beauty in a way that will make you glow. Therefore, always think about different color shades that will look on you before coloring your hair. For double checking before permanently dyeing your hair, you can try semi-permanent hair color to test the look.
- Pale skin: if you have pale skin and colored eyes and want to create contrast, black and brown tones will be great, or choose between blondes and reds. As pale skin typically falls into range of cool skin tone, it looks best with light hair colors. Try complementing the pink and red undertones of your skin with hair colors like icy blondes, violet red or mocha browns. If you have a warm skin tone and brown eyes, opt for warm tones of hair color such as butterscotch, honey and strawberry blonde.
- Brown skin: Brown skin tones tend to be warmer than pale skin and hence, looks better with rich, warm hair colors. The best range to choose is in between dark blondes and dark browns, with both light blondes and black hair colors blending. Warm, honey blondes, caramels, mocha and golden brown goes for every women having brown skin, as they further warm your features ang gives a glowing complexion. Also, it is easier to go with colors darker than your skin tone rather than lighter, so also consider deep, rich and earthy browns, ebony browns and violet color shades. Tawny blondes, golden caramels and copper looks best for anyone in between pale and brown skin tones. For women with olive color skin with green undertones, rich brown hues with hints of red look best.
- Dark skin: women with dark skin can choose two ways for hair coloring. You can either pick a color that is lighter or darker than your skin tone. Buy doing this, you create a natural contrast to your look, that is appealing. Generally, darker hair tones are easier to pull off for this this skin tone. If your dark skin is warm, try hair colors such as mahogany, maple brown and toffee bot bring out the warm undertone of your skin. For cool dark skin, dark espresso and inky black compliments the skin tone. Avoid hair colors too close to your skin tone, as it will clash and make your face seem washed out.
How To Choose The Right Hair Color?
Hair coloring is a super easy trick to give yourself a makeover. This style have been around for centuries and one of the oldest methods of hair coloring is by using henna on hair. Initially the main reason for coloring hair is to hide grey hair, but today hair coloring is more of making fashion statements. With so many different hair colors and techniques, hair coloring for women has become simpler than ever before, with wide range of color shades to select from LimeRoad.
You can try our temp or semi-permanent hair colors first to see which shades suits you best before going for a permanent hair color. since, there are safe, DIY friendly and do no damage prior to permanently dyeing your hair. You can also opt for temp hair color sprays, available in all subtle and funky shades to make your hair party ready or any occasion you are waiting for. LimeRoad offers a variety of hair color products for women in a wide range of shade ranging from subtle to funky colors, and types to suit different hair types. These hair colors are easy to use and are completely safe to use in salon as well as at home. They give your hair a smooth, shiny and perfectly desired shade you want to achieve. Some of the bestselling brands at LimeRoad include L’Oreal Paris, Schwarzkopf, BBlunt, Garnier and many other domestic and international brands.