Eyeliner For Women
Women and makeup are always inseparable for many women, makeup means spending time in front of the mirror with an array of cosmetics ranging from kajal, eyeliner, lipstick to foundation. Majority of women will not hesitate to spend few minutes sometimes even an hour or more for flawless makeup and sometimes even they have occasional professional consultation to make the process of enhancing their beauty. Although there are many psychological debates running in the background as for the makeup women use today as asking "should women wear makeup?" while acknowledging that many women do, some trying to figure out why to wear the makeup and provide a false attraction but ultimately it’s purely the individual’s choice of just enhancing the beauty and look more appealing.
This is perhaps because makeup particularly eyeliners gives unique beauty to the eyes with its bold and enchanting appearance and therefore may give a stronger impression of your beauty. Eyeliners are widely recognized as enhancing the beauty features of the eyes and the overall face. Infact, recently in a study it was concluded that the majority of the beauty products are making the major difference in female attractiveness after a group of men judged the appearance of women displaying different cosmetic use. It is also psychologically revealed that women wearing cosmetics were out seen as being more healthier, self- confident, and even proved that they have greater earning potential than the same women wearing no makeup which suggests that makeup has a potentially useful role in strategic self-presentation. Despite the merits that physical outer beauty may be helpful for short-term relationships but for people seeking long-term connection do prioritize “inner beauty” over external appearance emphasizing kindness, intelligence , and a good sense of humor which is the most appreciated quality in this fake world.
Why Use Eyeliners?
Eyeliners are one of the best ways to enhance any type of eye look as whether it’s a sharp wing, a darkened water line, a smudged out lash line eyeliner will always give you a glorious look. Although it turns out gorgeous, it can still be a challenging task to apply for newbies.
Finding the right type of eyeliner is not an easy job because one has to be specific with the type of eyeliner application one need and then with choosing the brands ranging from lowest to high quality prices claiming them as water proof and smudge proof. Eyeliners come in many forms as like liquids, gels, pencils so each of these types of eyeliner will present you a different kind of look as from subtle and natural, to bold and dramatic.
Also, one may want to think about the amount of time that one is willing to put into your eyeliner routine as which type best suits for your day-to-day wear or for that next big party and even what your skin type is like and the usual weather conditions in the city one resides.
Types Of Eyeliner
There are many varieties of eyeliner on the market today but unfortunately in the sea of cosmetic industries there is no omnipotent eyeliner out there so when choosing to purchase an eyeliner there are many factors to consider. Gone are the days of spending all your hard-earned money on a sub-par pencil for the flawless liner looks are your lot from here on out.
So, here is everything one needs to know about all the various types of eyeliner and how to choose the right one for you.
- Liquid Eyeliner: Liquid eyeliner are about for the women who wish to create those stunning Cleopatra like cat eyes but to achieve this look it takes a steady hand and a loads of practice to be able to draw a straight line with liquid liner. That said, well-applied liquid eyeliner has an instant bombshell effect, and it is the best way to add some eye catching instant look to the eyes. However, all liquid eyeliners are not created equally so always one needs to do some experiments to find the right one. Liquid eyeliners are most commonly felt tip liners that look like pens, but they may also come as a small wand that dips into an inkwell which are available in a variety of thicknesses and pen shapes as well. Liquid eyeliner should be flawless which should not get smudged and give a smoky eye look. This kind of eyeliner best suits those with pristine complexions with balanced and regular features so using liquid eyeliner the focus point will be on your eyes among the other face features. Liquid eyeliner also boost the volume of the eyelashes and give a very defined line and is great for dry skin people. For some with angular faced they may feel it to be too harsh because it creates such strong and sharp lines but learning to curve the lines can be a struggle but once you master the look it’s worth it.
- Gel Eyeliner: The gel eyeliner are a dream of every makeup artist which comes in a pot and is applied with a small brush. Gel can also be used to create thick bold lines and catlike eyes but if one wishes to have something subtle they will also be able to smudge those lines and work on it for some more time after having applied it at least for a few seconds until it sets in place. Once you have mastered with the gel type it is quite easy to apply and very strong dark lines can also be created effortlessly. Gel types of eyeliner are usually be available in little pots with angled brushes. In some ways, they are even more intimidating than liquid pens, because you have to get the ink onto a brush and then attempt a clean line. However, there are also gel pens available which make the process more straightforward with a smooth consistency of the gel which makes for a beautiful application. Different sized brushes with varying angles will also be helpful in creating different effects from one pot of gel liner. It is suitable for all skin types but people with extremely oily skin they can opt for budge-free formulations. Gel type need some precautions as with the gel pots when exposed to the air they can dry out easily also more importantly one need to clean the tools after every use to prevent infection.
- Eyeliner Pencil (Kohl): Unless one has the matching skills of makeup artist caliber, a kohl pencil is not the best choice if you wish to create a perfectly lined cat eye. It’s important to note that though pencil liners are often called “kohl” pencils because they are different from traditional kohl makeup found in such countries as India and Pakistan, which often contains high levels of lead. Eyeliner pencil is very portable, easy to apply and when applied properly it creates the very best ‘smoky eyes’ look and with a quality one you can smudge it easily. The kohl pencil will be much solid enough to draw fairly precise lines, but soft enough to glide on smoothly without dragging the skin. Unless gel type eyeliners kohl is relatively cheaper and is the most trusted of regular makeup wearers everywhere. Pencil liners are available in a vast multitude of colors, which is likely why they have been so popular for decades suitable for everyday wear adding depth to the waterline area of the eyes.
- Solid Gel Automatic Pencils: These type of automatic type are growing in popularity, as it is easy to apply with the best part being able to glide on and stay smudgeable for about half a minute so that you can smear the harsh line if you want a softened look, and they dry to a long-lasting finish. These are portable and more convenient than the gels that come in a pot and need an applicator brush, but they are not as quick and easy as kohl to apply. If one wishes to have smooth look the tip of the solid gel pen should not be blunt and like your favourite kohl pencil, but the pigments are usually darker, more vibrant and long-lasting.
- Eye shadow Eyeliner: Eyeshadow type eyeliner needs a small angled makeup brush and to apply one may have to dampen the bristles and then dip it in the eye shadow powder colour apply it as like other eyeliner. This method will not be suitable enough to apply along the waterline area of your eyes, but it can create a wonderful effect around the edges. It can also be applied on top of other types of eyeliner to act as a base or to give a more graduated and smouldering look.
Each and every skin reacts differently to different cosmetic brands because there are variations in skin type, sensitive reactions, weather conditions and how one handles the cosmetic differs. For instance for people with dry or even normal skin there are chances for the eyeliner to drift and react adversely causing irritation in the eyes. On the other side oily skin will react in a different matter with the eyeliner tending to slide off within a couple of hours. Whilst dramatic eye make up can create a focal point and draw attention away from blemishes, a subtler look using kohl and eye shadow will help give a soft look.