It won’t be wrong to say that primers are one of the product which people often underestimate as an unnecessary step and a useless investment but primers are very important and you must apply a primers before applying any other product on to your skin.
Primers have several benefits:
- It acts as a protective layer on your skin and prevents you applying anything directly onto your skin.
- It acts as a moisturizer and make sure that your skin is nice and prepped.
- It helps your makeup to last longer.
- It makes sure that your make doesn’t melt.
- It makes your skin glow.
- It will help to hide all your pores and allow your makeup to apply smoothly.
Some primers contain shimmer particles to give your skin extra glow.
This type of primers are best suited for those with oily skin. Such product helps to reduce shine and extra oil on your face.
Color -correcting primers
These are basically tinted primers which will help to hide any kind of pigmentation that you might have and make your skin look even tone.
If you are from dry skin family than hydrating primers should be your pick as they will moisturize your skin really well.
Pore- minimizing Primers
If you have large pores then you should go for pore minimizing primers to help reduce the appearance of pores and allow your makeup to apply smoothly.
Listed below are some of the more options available in the market.
- Some of the primers contain antioxidants such as A,C and E or other ingredients such as grape seed extract and green tea extract.
- Some are water based or silicone based.
- Some primers do not contain preservatives ,oil or fragrance.
- Some primers may have sun protection factor (SPF).
- There are some primers which are mineral based and contain mica and silica.
The first step is to find out about your skin type. It is preferred to use a primer that will suit your skin type otherwise it may not benefit you to the extent it should.
For Oily Skin Type
Makeup can be a little problematic for those with oily skin type but there’s still hope. A good primer is a perfect solution to all your problems.
For people with this kind of skin type a Mattifying primer would be perfect. You should go for gel based primers as they are light in weight .This kind of primer will help mattify your skin, neutralize the redness, absorb extra oil, remove unwanted shine and allow your makeup to stay all day.
For Dry Skin Type
For people with dry skin it is very important to apply a primer before you begin with your makeup. It will prevent your skin from dryness and flakiness. It will keep your skin hydrated.
So for those with dry skin type, oil and cream based primers would be perfect. It will not only help to keep your skin moisturized but it will also create a smooth surface before you apply your makeup.
For Combination Skin
It can be difficult to find a primer for combination skin. On some day your skin can be extremely oily while on others completely flaky. So in this case it is really important to choose your primers carefully that can combat both flake and shine.
So for combination skim type a primer which is jelly like and light -weight would be perfect as it will help to provide the right amount of hydration to your skin and also it will control the excessive oil making your skin prepared for the foundation.
How To Apply Face Primers?
- Step 1: You must begin with cleaning your face so that all the impurities and dirt are removed from your face.
- Step 2: Take a pea sized amount of primer.
- Step 3: Gently dab all the product into your skin. Use circular motion to spread the primer gently on the face. Use your finger tips to apply the primer all over your face.
- Step 4: Allow the primer to settle into your skin for few minutes. After that you can proceed with your makeup routine.
Listed below are some of the primers available in India at an affordable prices.
- L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
It is a silicon based creamy textured primer. Its basic function is to blur out the open pores and turn your skin into a perfect canvas to apply makeup. This primer helps to control excessive oil as it is designed with silicones. It is non -waxy and non -greasy textured primer.
- Colorbar Perfect Match Primer
This primer is perfect for oily skin as it covers all the open pores and gives satin finish look making the makeup application process smooth, easy and long lasting. It also mattifies and blurs wrinkles and spots.
It has a silicone based formula and gives a refreshed look.
- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
It is a light weight primer and has a soft and creamy texture that blends gently onto your skin. It helps to control oils for about 7-8 hours. It acts as a velvety layer on top of the skin without any irritation or side effects. The dewy sheen that the primer adds gives you some of the best photographs. It gives your face a glowing look.
- NYX Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer
This primer offers a light weighted non-heavy gel based primer formula that is easily absorbed on the surface of the skin. It gives you satin finish. NYX Studio primer works best on oily skin, as it reduce oil secretion and ensures that your makeup stay for good 6-7 hours. It has refreshing lavender fragrance. It also helps in reducing pores. Silicone formula prevents break out and also adds a glow to dull skin.
- Lakme Absolute Blur Perfect Makeup Primer
It is a tinted primer. The pink tinge of the primer is pretty, and it adds a pinkish glow to your skin.
This primer does wonders for people with dry skin type. It will provide the amount of hydration to your skin. This cost of Lakme primer is affordable.
- Maybelline New York Baby Skin Primer
This instant pore eraser comes with a transparent gel formula that blurs the pores. This is a non fragrant primer that helps to reduce pores. This light weighted primer creates a smooth base for makeup without irritating your skin.
- Mac Prep and Prime Face Protect with SPF 50
The Mac primer is perfect for people with dry skin. It will give you a matte look, it keeps the makeup on evenly and for much longer than usual. It also gives glow to your skin. The SPF factor is 50 and there is no need to apply any additional sunscreen.
So adding a primer to your makeup routine can solve most of your makeup problems. Applying primers before makeup helps to seal pores, softens skin and gives an extraordinary finesse to the skin. Primers are really in these days and they are definitely worth the hype. Some of the best primers for oily, dry, combination skin are available in the market. With these life savers, you could flaunt your makeup and bask in the sun without worrying about foundation caking and creasing on your face.
Limeroad has a wide range of primers available by promising brands. And you will definitely find your right pick matching your skin type.