All that makeup, all this pollution and well life in general could be hard on your skin. Its wise to invest some time and money on your skin. Rest assured it would be an investment worth the profit that is your beautiful skin. People with different skin type have different needs. Though it is advised to add products in your beauty regime according to you needs, we would like to do our bit by giving a staple skincare routine.
Know Your Skin
Before giving any advice on skincare routine if you want to know your skin type and choose products accordingly,we are here to help!
You can go to dermatologist or do the blotting paper test but you can have a self examination too! Wash your face and do not apply anything else or wash it again. As the days go by check your face in the mirror.
You may see:
- Oily Face: If you have that oily shine on all over your face it's not a question that you have oily skin.
- Dryness/Redness: It's not tough to determine if you face is dehydrated or not,if it is then you have dry skin.
- Combination: Remember the oily part? If only your T zone is experiencing that shine and the rest of the face is normal then it’s combination skin.
- Sensitivity: This is a tough one to crack but you will know if your skin reacts to normal face wash/soap. It is best not to use chemical based products.
Products For Your Skin Type
Now that you have determined your skin type, it’s also important to choose product accordingly. There are products out there safe for all skin type but if you want to be specific and more cautious, then read on.
- Oily: Gel or water based products are advisable.
- Dry: Oily or moisturising products to give back your skin the hydration.
- Sensitive: Chemical free and herbal products, which is again good for every skin but sensitive skin type must use such products only unless they know what are they exactly sensitive to.
- Normal: gel or oil based , depending on the result needed.
That being said, it’s not that difficult to determine which product to choose once you know your skin type as most of the products mention what skin types should use them.
Steps To Perfect Skin
There are many skin care regimes out there that you can choose from but regardless of what you prefer, many do feel like there are certain steps that are essential and that’s what we are gonna talk about today by dividing the skin care routine to day and night.
- Cleanse: The first thing in the morning you should do is to cleanse your face. You can use a cleanser or just wash with water thoroughly before getting to the face wash. Cleanser go through your pores to remove the dirt so it's important to choose a good cleanser. Recommended: Lotus Herbals Lemonpure Turmeric And Lemon Cleansing Milk 80ml.
- FaceWash: Now,this step is not necessary if you have already used a water based cleanser but if you haven’t then it’s a must. Your skin definitely needs some foaming action. Recommended: Oxyglow Charcoal Face Wash 100g.
- Tone: After you are done cleaning, you should make sure to close the pores or make your skin firm in order to avoid letting dirt go under your skin layers. A perfect natural toner would be rose water as it’s all natural. It’s better to avoid alcohol based toners specially if you have sensitive or dry skin. Recommended: KAZIMA ROSE Water (Gulab Jal) For Skin (2 Pcs Of 100ML) - Pure Natural & Undiluted.
- Moisturizer: Now that you have ensured that your skin has said to no to the dirt. It’s time to pamper it. Your skin should stay hydrated, apart from drinking enough water daily it is necessary to moisturize. It’s better to moisturize right after your toner has been set. It would be a plus if your moisturizer includes SPF. Recommended: Organic Harvest Daily Day Cream, 50g.
- SunScreen: Your moisturizer may or may not include SPF, its better to use a sunblock or sunscreen to ensure full protection from the harmful UV rays. Your sun protection should be minimum of 20 spf and if it’s a really sunny day then you need much more spf or to apply sunscreen more.Recommended: Lotus Herbal PHYTO-Rx ULTRA-PROTECT SUNBLOCK SPF-70 PA+++ 50g.
- Lip Care: Lips require special treatment as they prone to getting dried much more. One should invest in a good lip balm. The ones that contain spf are preferred. Recommended: Lotus Herbals Lip Lush Tinted Lip Balm Rosy Rose Blush
Now that you are done with your morning routine you can go about your day applying makeup or going natural without worrying about your skin.
After a tiring day, you and your skin both needs to relax. It’s essential to care for your skin before you get the goodnight sleep.
- Remove Makeup: If you have applied makeup, before anything remove it. You can use oil/michelin water/cleanser to remove makeup. Make sure that your skin gets rid of all the makeup before you even start pampering your skin. Also try not to wear makeup for really long time. Recommended: Fuschia Make-Up Remover - Citrus Blast - 50 Ml
- Cleanse/Face Wash: Again foaming action is necessary and it is advised to at least wash your face twice so this one is an important task and you can use the same face wash or cleanser like in the morning. Or you can choose a different one if that suits you. Recommended: Globus Hyaluronic Acid & Active Vitamin C Face wash.
- Serum: It’s necessary to keep your skin hydrated, you can go with moisturizer but serum will both moisturizer and reach to skin pores and layers to give you the extra benefit. Apart from that they are also mostly anti-aging so it’s an investment for the long haul. Recommended: Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Serum.
- Night Creams: Additionally or alternatively night creams can provide your skin the much needed night care too!Recommended: Kasa Ageless Skin Revitalizing Night Cream (50 G) With Collagen & Elastin Booster.
- Lip Care: It’s always good to put some lip balm so that you wake up with smooth hydrated lips. Recommended: Oxyglow Orange Lip Glow 4gm
These are the essential step to be followed everyday but your skin might require much more than this. Let’s take a look at those needs.
When Your Skin Needs More
Apart from the day to day schedule,your skin may require weekly or quarterly face pack or exfoliation. Or if you are going through skin outbreaks then you might want to add steps in your regime to overcome that.
- Exfoliator: You can scrub once a day or time to time but choose a natural exfoliator and don’t scrub your skin too hard. You want the scrub to get the dirt off your skin but it should not cause any redness if anything. Exfoliator should be used right after cleanser or face wash. Don’t forget to exfoliate your lips too.Recommended: TJORI Almond And Raw Sugar Scrub.
- Face Mask: Usually done for special occasions. You can also include it in your monthly regime if you think you have been too hard on your skin. Or sheet masks can be even a weekly treatment as they are not so much work and are really relaxing. But Moisturize your skin right after if using peel off or face pack. You can also cream your own face mask with simple ingredients like lemon,haldi and milk. Recommended: Sheet Mask- Plan 36.5 Plant Cell Daily Mask (Green Tea) Peel Off- Tvam Face Mask - Gold Peel-Off Face Pack- Aroma Magic Hydrating Seaweed Pack 100 gm.
- Acne Treatment/Scars: All of us probably suffer from acne outburst in some time in our life,usually the teenage years or get a pimple or two occasionally due to some negligence of skin care. It’s never late you can still recover. Recommended: KAZIMA Pure Natural Raw Aloe Vera Gel (100 Gram) - Ideal For Skin Treatment, Face, Acne Scars, Hair Treatment.
- Essential Oil: You can also additionally love your skin a little more by adding essential oils to usual regime that can be used in many ways and for different benefits like acne, pigmentation problems, mild skin infections and much more. Recommended: KAZIMA Neem Carrier Oil 100 ml.
- Facial Kits: You may sometimes need full treatment and it’s better to invest in a facial kit so that you know the combination of the products used in the facial are meant to work together and you also save yourself a trip to parlour. Recommended: Lotus Herbals RADIANT GOLD Cellular Glow 4 FACIAL KIT. All the recommended products are easily available on limeroad.com, you can also search for more products on the app or website. Get the best for your skin at the comfort of your home and with the benefit of great discounts.
Cheers to your beautiful skin!