The wooden spoons existed way back when the concept of utensils was in existence. People starting from the Iron Age Celts used to carve wood and mould them into a shape where they can put on something to eat. Not only this, the word 'spoon’ has also derived from an ancient word which also means something carved out of a large piece. This was the start to the trend of using wooden spoons. Though people have not stopped using them and they've somehow become a rare thing, but there are many people who always search for items and products like these.
Wood was the cheapest and the most easily available raw product in the market and therefore gained popularity in time back then. But now with the advancement in technology and with introduction to other elements, it's usage has fallen to a great extent. But some people still do prefer it because it's amazing properties which involves:
- It can resist high temperatures and does not melt or demould while being in contact of hot food.
- While other substances reacts and at times corrode when in contact with air and water, the wooden spoons are non reactive and inert to every such condition.
- Because of its conducting property, steel spoons can become hot when in contact with food and you even might end up burning your hands but no such problems arise with wooden spoons. They are easy to handle and a very safe alternative to avoid such incidents.
- They unlike other spoons does not scratch your utensils.
- Because of these properties, these are durable and lasts for a very long time.
- Last but not the least, they are eco friendly and the healthiest option thereby maintaining a perfect balance with nature.
These wooden spoons apart from having food, are used for other kitchen chores as well. There are different types of wooden spoons available varying from the flat spoon to the round circular one- every type serves it's very own purpose.
The different types of spoons available in the market are:
- Teaspoon: This is a mini spoon may be used to adding sugar, tea , spices or eating curd, yoghurt and food specifically from a container or a plate.
- Tablespoon: This is a large spoon used for eating as well as serving. They are bigger than a teaspoon but vary in a range of size itself.
- Soupspoon: This is a round deep spoon may be used to have soup and other liquid gravy items on the menu.
- Dessert Spoon: This is a kind of table spoon specifically designed and dedicated for dessert items.
- Long Drink Spoon: designed with long handles is specifically used and carved for drinks and mocktails served in big or elongated glasses to mix the content thoroughly as the usual spoon might drown in the container because of it's small size.
- Serving spoon: These are the biggest size of spoons available in the market used for the sole purpose of serving food from big utensils wherein the big size of these spoons holds a good amount of food in it.
So what are you waiting for now? Grab your hands on this wonderful kitchen essential now at LimeRoad at a jaw dropping price and heavy discounts.