A desk is usually a person’s command center- a place where to work, a lunch table, a medicine cabinet, display cabinet for the books and notebooks, a vending machine and also a vanity top. Experts are of the opinion that staying organised increases the productivity level at work. Balancing your workstation by placing things in convenient organisers helps in bringing harmony. But adding many unnecessary items on your desk is ultimately a clutter. So be sure that everything serves a purpose be it the plant or your coffee cup.
Some tips for organising your desk:
- Get your layout right. The computer monitor should be in front of you at eye level about 17 inches from your body. Frequently used items like supplies, phone on your dominant side to avoid reaching across.
- Mind your office supplies. Supplies used daily can be kept on the desk while those used weekly should go in drawers or under the side of the desk.
- Go digital. Instead of clustering your desk with bundles of paper go digital. This is using paper documents occasionally when taking notes and then scanning or typing it and storing as digital files on your computer.
- Prioritise your work. Keep relevant and active documents and projects on your desk. When there is too much of work, productivity gets stall. So experts recommend grouping projects to prioritise like :
- Important and urgent
- Urgent but not important
- Important without being urgent
- Not urgent and not important.
- Shrink down. Using smaller equipment like tablets and laptops that are easily moved thus maximising availability of desk space.
Desk accessories keeps your workspace tidy such that work flow is efficient without clutter. Desk accessories like drawer organisers, magazine holders, cell phone stands helps you in keeping things in its proper place. LimeRoad has a selection of desk accessories from reputed brands to help maintain an orderly area.
Organised desk means more productive day. So staying organised at your work can be difficult if you don’t have proper tools.
Give your desk an upgrade with these LimeRoad items.
- Desk organisers- It holds all your essential desk items like card reader, letter opener, smartphone holder, pen stand. It is not bulky.
- Drawer organisers- To keep your desk clutter free you need to have an organised desk. That is all the extra stationery can be neatly stacked in the drawer. A tray like which fits on the drawer so all your office supplies can easily be kept.
- Monitor stand- It increase the space availability on your desk while raising the computer. The much dreaded back problem can be corrected to some extent by this.
- Whiteboard - Turning your laptop lid into a whiteboard has many benefits. Leave yourself a reminder for the next day or use it in the meeting for presentation.
- File folders- They are perfect for keeping your important documents intact and in the right place. Each folder contains five or more tabs and snap closure for security.
- Mobile stand- To save yourself from losing that important call, the simple and elegant looking mobile stands can be used. If you want something quirky can try the different stands available in adorable designs.
- Plants- They are better than the expensive air purifiers. But regular maintenance is a pain. Air plants are great options from looking great they can survive your hardest torture. All it needs is bright, indirect light and bi- week mist.
- Notebook - You do not have to scroll every time you are in the meeting. The notebook comes handy and with technological advance some notebooks are so designed that you can scan them into your smartphone.
- Day Planner- Ideal for keeping your meetings, appointments and life on track. The super organised day planner contains top priority items, note section,an hourly schedule and some inspirational quotes.
- Calendar- The year has begun but it’s never too late to get one of those brightly coloured calendars. It is simple, sleek and some even have to-do list and monthly goals.
- Display photo frames- This is my favourite and a must on your desk. Choose from various styles and designs like wood, steel, glass or some trendy ones.
- Phone charger- A portable charger is recommended as it keeps your desk free of tangled wires. By using a portable one you can also use it when commuting or travelling.
- LED lamps-Why an LED lamp? The answer is simple it is energy efficient plus the sleek design are trendy. These lamps saves up to 75% of energy making you an environmentally conscious plus brightens up your desk without draining your wallet.
- Cable clips- Organise the messy cables of your laptops, phones with multipurpose cable clips. It sticks on top, side or ends of your desk.
- Desk clock- We all are slaves to time, running constantly. But now it’s your turn with stylish cube clocks. By gently tapping your desk or just click your fingers and time will appear on cube clock. These clocks are made of sturdy plastic with fine wood veneer and also displays temperature, date and time and are battery operated.
- Headphones- Just put them on and everything changes. The music is balanced, powerful and deep plus every note is clear. The busy office becomes enjoyable as it is just you and music.
- Personal stuff- These include items like desk toys,ball of whacks to grooming items, food, slippers, dress up items and your essential medicine kit. Remember it’s an important part of the day you spend at the desk.
- Paper clips- To combine up all your important papers these clips are great. Combining normal paper clips with some fancy ones add a touch of style to your stationery.
- Stapler- A must in your office stationery. Choose from the normal type to some designer types like dog shaped, skull shape and many more.
- Tape dispenser- Another important stationery item for your desk. This too comes in regular as well as some designer types.
- Scissors- A must have for your desk.
- Hourglass- Traditional or the old school way of measuring time. A personal preference for your desk which looks great.
- Aluminium mouse pads- Better than rubber fabrics or wooden surface. It’s easy to slide your mouse on this specially when working on some drawings.
- Bookends- Required for holding your books and journals. Not necessarily sits on your desk but at sides. Available at LimeRoad in beautiful designs that you are bound to purchase it.
- Acrylic file box- The translucent effect of acrylic is perfect for storing your files and even looks elegant.
- Anchor- Install a tiny hook under your desk for hanging things plus maximum utilisation of space. You can easily hang your wires, headphones.
- Leather desk mat- This elegant leather mat spreads on your table giving it the cozy official look. It is available in sets with coasters, pen holders and many more.
- Mini vacuum cleaner- Activities like vacuuming can be enjoyable on miniature scale. A mini USB vacuum is fun plus it cleans all the crumbs that you have been spilling on your desk.
- Pens- The most important thing on your desk. But you know that it gets misplaced faster. So have those tied up with other accessories like calendar or it’s best to personalise it.
- Spill proof mugs- Prevents the unfortunate spilling. The insulated, auto seal features makes sure that even if it knocks off - the water or drink, you don’t have to worry about your papers or the keyboard.
- Coffee mugs- Your favourite time in the office might be with the cup of coffee with quirky quotes on it.
Why Organising Your Desk Is Necessary?
With all the above accessories you are bound to be mislead. The point here is to make sure your requirements and to keep your work area minimal for maximum output.
As it is best said to think of your desk like a cockpit. Like the cockpit of an aircraft have all the flying controls and information panel within arms reach for pilot and other extra information and tools away. Your workspace should be like it.
- Keep only things used daily within reach like pen, notebooks, water bottle,coffee cups and charging stand.
- Keep personal decorations to minimum like photos, souvenirs to just three as it disrupts your train of thoughts.
- Store everything else off from your desk like printers.
- Hide tools and supplies under your desk or behind your monitor. That is you can still have things needed in reach but hidden from the sight like behind the monitor you can stack your cables, pens.
- Clear cable with ties and tools. While decluttering you will find numerous things you do not require. For cable wires use clips or use the underside of your desk for storage.
Desk accessories are essential for keeping your productivity to its peak. It is important to keep it to minimal but not at the cost of obstructing your work. Arranging small office supplies that are occasionally used in drawer organisers for more surface space. A vertical letter tray saves space at small workstation and the extra space can be used for additional accessories like your plant or the coffee mug.
Related Search Terms: diary ,personal diary, pen stand, diaries, mobile holder, diary book, file folder, pen holder, phone holder, daily diary, diary buy online, watch case,office accessories