Monk Strap shoes are shoes without lacing and they are closed by a buckle and a strap. They have become very popular in recent years. These shoes are best for those style-conscious guys who wants an alternative from oxfords in formal wear. Their popularity was faded in 1700s and 1800s as lace-up shoes styles became much popular, however from the mid-2000s till now, these shoes can be seen onto the front row of fashion week. Monk strap shoe style go past the edge between classic and contemporary with preciseness.
Kinds Of Monk Strap Shoes For Men
There are two styles of Monk Strap shoes - single monk straps and double monk straps. Single monk straps are better suited for formal purpose as they have clean and stripped-back appearance. Whereas, double monk straps are best for parties, weddings and other occasions where you want to some experiment with you outfits. These shoes should not be paired with shorts or athletic apparel. There are 3 or more strapped shoes, but they are short-lived fashion that will disappear in a few years.
Depending on the strap shape, size and fit, monk strap shoes have different types.
1. Classic: They have a similar shape as that of oxfords with minimal detailing. There is a stitching between the vamp and the quarter and down the heel. This is the most formal type among monk strap shoes.
2. Toe Cap: As the name suggests, this shoes type has an extra layer of leather on the toe which makes the shoe businessy edge. It is best choice of shoe type for office purpose.
3. Wingtip: For a less dressy option, this is the perfect shoe type. It has W-shaped leather patch stitched on top of the toe. The front wing toe shape extend around the sides of the shoe. It is a perfect choice for a slick, weekend walker.
4. Monk strap Boots: On a soggy weather day, you can pair your suit with these stylish boots to complete the winter look.
5. Casual: These casual monk straps come in a vibrant color, rubber sole and suede construction. You can rock this pair with cool denims and shirts. They also look good on a neutral suit for a summer wedding.
The buckles of monk strap shoes are the most important factor that defines the style sense of wearing these shoes. Classic options of buckle shapes include square, rectangular, octagonal, oval and hexagonal. The material can be brass, palladium-plated and sometimes made of solid gold or sterling silver in more fancy option. The important tip while wearing this shoe is that the buckle color should match the hardware of cufflinks, tie bar, belt buckle, collar pin any of which you are wearing. It’s not important to abide by this tip but it will complete the look if considered.
Spacing of the straps also changes the look hugely. A slightly off-set angle with wide spacing of straps looks elegant, whereas in classic menswear, balanced proportions and less spacing of straps yield timeless look.
Shop From LimeRoad
So just start shopping for this elegant and stylish pair of shoes, if you still haven’t. You can buy them online from the website of Limeroad. At Limeroad, you can get a wide range of collection of these monk strap shoes. So don’t think so much and have this pair buy for yourself and give an elegant and stylish look to yourself.