Gifting Ideas For Valentine’s Week
Every year, the second week of the month of February is observed as the week of Valentine. This week is a time when young and budding love is celebrated. This means that any form of affection that men and women have for other people is celebrated and embraced. The whole week is celebrated as the one of the most exuberant and fun phases of the year. Men and women from a vast section of the society take part in it. Most of them belong to the young adult section of the society. Valentine’s week is also a great way to express affection to one another and also to make sure that it does not go unnoticed. Valentine’s week is often the time for a lot of love confessions and the romantic acceptance of any infatuated feelings. Boys and girls belonging to high schools, colleges, universities and other professional fields of work also engage in the various activities that occur during Valentine’s Week.
The reason behind calling this a week is the fact that over the years this culture has developed into a week-long exercise. Starting from the 7th of February, the Valentine’s Week lasts all the way till the 14th of February. And not only that, all the different days of the week are assigned different names in accordance with the special characteristic defining that day.
- Rose Day- Rose day marks the beginning of the week of Valentine. This day is characterized by the giving of the Rose flower to your beloved. Though this may seem like an ordinary task, this day holds a lot value and significance. This day is the start of the Valentine’s Week and therefore holds symbolic value as well. Though, it may seem that the giving of a flower does not men a whole lot it is actually quite crucial in getting a good start. Roses hold a lot of meaning as all flowers do. Roses also have a history of being a symbol for a lot of things ranging all the way from bloodshed to forlorn infatuations. However, the one meaning of the rose flower that has echoed most prominently in the history of mankind is that of love. Throughout the vast passage of time, the rose flower has always been considered as an emblem for infatuation and intense attraction. And the first day of Valentine honors this ancient symbol of love and passion by devoting a day for the express purpose of commemorating this ritual of the lovers.
- Propose Day- The second day of Valentine’s week is one of the most significant of days if you plan on getting into a long-term relationship. Good words are remembered by both men and women. And on propose day you make sure that the foundation of your relationship is strong and firm. Propose day is that day on which one of the lovers, usually men, propose their female lovers in hopes of getting a positive response. This positive response is based on a number of things like the choice of words used to propose, the location of the incident and while all of these may seem important, they are mostly of secondary importance.
- Chocolate Day- Chocolate day is a day for everybody. It is a day that is not reserved solely for the love-struck individuals. Friends, who need not be romantically inclined, are also part of this day of devouring chocolates. The people who are serious about impressing the people that they are attracted to.
- Teddy Day- Teddy day is the day that has been popularized in our country over a very recent span of time. It has been considered as something of an exuberant and ridiculous day. On this the guy gifts a teddy bear, which is a stuffed toy that resembles a cartoon bear, to the girl. This is based upon the common belief that girls go gaga over teddy bears. And though it may not exactly be true for all girls, it has still been made into convention and there’s no reason to change it any time sooner.
- Promise Day- On this day, the lovers usually promise each other that they shall never leave each other. This is usually observed with all the seriousness that this festival and the concerned relationship is capable of. Though, this may not turn out to be true in the case of a lot of relationships, the promises made on promise day are still taken quite seriously in many relationships.
- Hug Day- This is one of the days when the intimacy between the couple celebrating Valentine’s Week becomes important. Couples hug on this day to celebrate closure and trust. It is also a symbol of union and repose. The security and freedom that individuals feel in the company and presence of each other.
- Kiss Day- The last day before to celebrate your young and passionate love before Valentine’s day is the Kiss Day. This is day the couples share their first or the most unforgettable kiss.
- Valentine’s Day- This is the last day of the week. And it is on this day that most couples make some of the most memorable moments of their lives. And this is done by quite a lot of sincere effort on the part of both the man and the woman. Valentine’s day is essentially one of the days that love-struck men and women from all over the world indulge themselves in the most romantic manners of the confession of their love. Regardless of whether it is students in relationships, young married or unmarried couples or even older and mature couples, all of these people announce the sincerity of their infatuation in the most animated of fashion.
All these days comprise the entirety of the Valentine’s week. These are the days when lovers from all over the world indulge in a week-long show of their deepest and most intimate form of affections. This is when even the most restrained feelings of love truly blossom.