The perfect high heeled shoe with quintessential summer vibes and a charming sophistication- wedges are an absolute summer favorite. It adds extra inches to your frame, complements almost every outfit, looks chic and keeps you comfortable at the same time! If you’re the sort of a person who'd rather choose to stay comfortable but still look your chicest best- wedges are perfect for you.
Being so incredibly versatile and classy, you should definitely experiment with wedges as you’ve got literally nothing to lose. A pair of cute wedges totally elevates a look and adds an extra charm to it. Pair your favorite flowy dress with a pair of espadrille wedges and you’re ready to channel major holiday boho vibes. Not only this, wedges work for formal settings just as well. You can easily rock a pair of wedges to your office, the streets, the parties and the holidays! It’s time to give your shoedrobe a major makeover with some beautiful, chic and versatile pair of wedges. Which is why we recommend that you check out our extensive collection of wedges in the latest styles and colors at Limeroad ASAP!
Wedges are basically shoes/sandals/boots whose sole is in form of a wedge, which makes one material both the heel and the sole. They’re much thicker at the back than at the front and are usually high heeled. The wedge-design literally dates back to ancient Greece but was popularised by Salvatore Ferragamo in Italian markets.
Wedges are extremely versatile, comfortable and stylish which makes them a crowd favorite. Wedges now are available in a large range of styles, colors, and textures. Let’s take a closer look at how you can style these shoes for your every day and not so every day with our very comprehensive guide all about wedges- types, styling and our favorite recommendations from Limeroad.
A popular misconception is that wedges only come in one style. If you take a closer look, you’ll realize that wedge heels come in many different styles and types. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Wedge Sandals- The classic wedges, with a thick chunky wedge heel at the back along with an ankle clasp, these are a popular item in the market. They are comfortable and extremely easy to style. These are open toed and serve as the more stylish alternative to open toe sandals. They come in varying heel heights and colors. You can easily style them as formal wear, with your regular work pants, pencil skirts and suits for a comfortable and stylish look. You can also pair them with a sparkly bodysuit and skinny jeans for a stylish, sexy yet comfy look for a night out.
- Wedge Heels- These type of wedges have no separation between the heel and the sole and are very high heeled. The bottom is narrower than a traditional wedge sandal and they also come in closed toe styles. They look more stylish and fashionable than the wedge sandals and are appropriate for more informal settings like parties. They come in really bold, beautiful and shimmery styles. A pair of metallic or shimmery pair of wedge heels is perfect for a stylish night out. You can style a pair of suede wedge heels with a monochromatic outfit for a fashionable day look.
- Espadrilles- Espadrilles are the perfect french girl sandal as they literally embody chic-ness and effortlessness. These have a rope sole and are made of fabrics like jute. Espadrilles have a way of adding a sophisticated charm to any outfit making it look 10 times better. They’re also extremely comfortable and easy on the feet. They also come in the tie-up styles, which are a style rage right now.
- Platform Wedges- Platform wedges have thick, high sole in form of wedges which is almost flat from the ball of the shoe to the ankle. They can be easily styles for day to day occasions. Pair your favorite dress with a nude pair of platform wedges to look chic and summery.
- Wedge Boots/Shoes- Wedge booties and shoes a style favorite right now. They’re basically wedge heels attached to a boot or oxford shoe, giving it the height and the stylish look of a wedge sandal. They’re comfortable, stylish and perfect for mixing it up. Flaunt them in winters with your favorite trench coat and pants for a smoking hot look.
Styling and Recommendations
Let’s get to the most interesting part- styling wedges, wherein we show you how to pair wedges with your outfits to look your stylish best every day along with 5 outfit ideas. We’ll also include our favorite recommendations from Limeroad’s amazing collection of wedges.
The thing with choosing the right pair of shoes is that sometimes they can overwhelm you or your outfit. If they do that- it’s not good. And so in the case of wedges, if not styled right they can end up looking chunky and overwhelming- not in a good way. You don’t want to do that do you? There are some basic staples that would look great with any kind of wedge heels- be it platform or espadrilles. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Short skirts
- Midi pencil skirts
- Wrap dresses
- Flowy dresses
- Wide pants
- Bohemian styles
- All ethnic styles
However, there are a few items that don’t really go well with wedges and end up looking bad, like tight skinny jeans that bunch up at the bottom or capri pants. In these cases make sure that your tight skinny jeans are tapered at the bottom and end well above your ankle.
Let’s get to the outfit ideas:
Pair your black and white maxi dress with this silver metallic wedges by Truffle Collection and add a black hat. This look speaks of style, class and fusion like no other. Wear this to your next stylish day out for a brunch or to an art gallery.
This next look is all about comfort yet chic-ness. Pair your white graphic crop top/sweatshirt with a white midi skirt or a white shirt dress with these white strappy wedges with embroidered sole by London Rag. This look is utterly comfortable, stylish and the embroidery on the soles of the wedges add the perfect pop of color. This look is perfect for your next college fest or a stylish day out.
Pair your ripped mom jeans with a statement top and these black platform wedges by Wood Brough for a modern twist on the 90s style. This look is both edgy and chic. Wear it out in the day and easily transition it into the evening.
For the days you can’t be bothered to get up but still need to look stylish, pair your favorite white tee-blue jeans combo with these statement nude patent leather ankle strap wedges with embroidered sole by Truffle Collection. Add a light long coat to complete the look. This look is stylish, extremely easy to put together, works for both night and day and you’d want to wear it again and again.
For a sexy night out, pair your favorite pale cami top with pale pink lace shorts and these gold patent leather ankle strap wedges by Flat N Heels. This is a subtly sexy and classy look. If you’re the type of person who is partial to glittery dresses and shimmery shoes for a party, we got you too! Pair your favorite black dress with these gorgeous copper shimmer faux leather platform wedges by London Steps to turn all the heads in the room!
Now for the quintessential summer outfit, it’s time to whip out your favorite flowy flowery dresses. Pair your favorite midi/mini dress with these gorgeous dusty pink patent leather lace-up platform wedges by Truffle Collection to look absolutely divine.
Come and explore Limeroad’s amazing collection of wedges and give your shoedrobe a makeover now!
Related search terms: heels, high heels, wedges, high heel wedge sandals, wedge heels shoes, platform wedge heels, wedge heels for women, black wedge heels, wedge heels online, wedge heels, khadims