Shorts For Women
There are some things in life or otherwise which need no introduction whatsoever, one of those things are shorts. Yup, the ever-present, ever-stylish pair of shorts - an absolute style staple. They can be styled all year round, for every type of occasion, with almost anything in your closet to provide a variety of looks.
Gone are the times when you only had limited options (read denim shorts) when it came to shorts. With the rise of athleisure and sports luxe in the recent times, shorts have been reimagined and redesigned in a plethora of styles, lengths, cuts, textures and fabrics. Now you have shorts made from denim, cotton, polyester, lace, leather, animal skin, silk, corduroy, suede and much more!
Moreover, there is a variety of designs, lengths and textures within all these categories. Crazy right? That is why we bring you a comprehensive guide to shorts with detailed styling tips and our favorite recommendations.
Types Of Shorts
Since there is an insane variety of shorts in the market, we’re going to break it all down for you by dividing everything into three categories, i.e.: Fabric, Length and Latest Trends.
There were times when the only type of shorts worn and sold was made out of denim. While we all love denim, the sight of only denim shorts induced a lot of monotony. But now, since all the old trends of the 60s, 70s and 80s are fusing with the latest trends of athleisure and sports luxe, shorts are been made in a number of different fabrics. Let’s look at some of the more prominent ones:
- Denim: The classic, ubiquitous denim shorts are still here but a thousand times better than the boring old ones. We’ve got denim shorts which are cut off, rolled hem, printed, checked, striped, printed at hems, distressed, boyfriend fit, lace hems, scalloped hems, and fuzzy hems among others.
- Lace: These shorts with intricate lacy patterns are perfect for fancy days. Lace shorts add a beautiful, feminine and chic twist to every outfit. A pair of high waist lace shorts is an extremely versatile and classy item to style.
- Cotton and Cotton Blends: Cotton shorts are a lifesaver when it comes to summer heat and humidity. Cotton shorts, though comfortable are just as chic as any other pair of shorts with their huge range of variety like: flared, high waist, printed, embroidered, checked, striped, ombre, abstract and tropical.
- Silk and Silk Blends: The vintage silk shorts trend is coming back again. When it comes to delicate, classy, and stylish no other fabric says it as well as silk. So if you want to flaunt your legs while feeling every bit like a lady, there is no better choice than silk shorts.
- Linen: The eco-friendly and luxurious alternative to cotton, linen is a huge rage in the fashion industry right now. Beat the summer heat in a pair of linen shorts, which not only absorb moisture much better than cotton but also look extremely structured and sophisticated.
- Corduroy: Equally rugged and retro, corduroy shorts are a perfect option when you want some nice texture in your wardrobe. Derived from the Fustian fabric, corduroy acts a perfect alternative to velvet for summers.
- Suede: Suede is a soft, thin, pliable fabric with a velvety finish. Suede shorts and skirts have been very popular lately. Beat the heat while still looking very pretty and feminine with a pair of high waist scalloped end suede shorts.
- Leather: Leather shorts have been around forever due to the whole ultra fashionable, biker chic vibe they channel. A classic pair of leather shorts can elevate any look and give it major edgy vibes.
According to the length, shorts can be divided into four broad categories. You can totally choose your ideal length as per your sense of style and comfort.
- Booty shorts: Booty shorts or the short shorts, these are extremely short and tight. They can have a low or an extremely high waist. They can be styled for sporty, casual and even elegant occasions. Booty shorts have also been featured in the runway collections of Prada, Anna Sui, Baja East and Moschino.
- Bermuda shorts: These sleek cut, elegant shorts reach almost up to the knees. Once a part of menswear, Bermuda shorts have been very well inculcated in women’s clothing. They were featured in the collections of Ace&JIg, Beyond Closet and Escada.
- Classic shorts: As the name suggests, the classic shorts sit between the thighs and the knees. These shorts, combined with blazers, blouses and jackets remain suitable for both formal and special events.
- Knee length shorts: Knee length shorts with their clean cuts and impeccable structures have returned in the mainstream fashion. Perfect for when you don’t want to show much skin, knee-length shorts can be styled for a variety of looks like elegant, business chic, smart street style, and much more.
Let’s look at the most exciting part of this classification, i.e. the latest stylish trends of shorts, in a little detail:
- High rise- High rise shorts are all over the place! High rise shorts do great things for your body- hug your figure, make your waist look smaller and elongate your legs. Who doesn’t want that?! From comfy cotton and summertime staple denim to elegant and professional silk-crepe, high rise shorts are literally made in every type of fabric.
- Cut offs- Cut off shorts are again a fashion staple and can be dressed up and down as per your fancy. They’re having a fashion moment combined with high rise waist and frayed ends. Try this chic and cool look now!
- Cycling- Channel your inner Princess Diana or Kim K (tbh, we love both of them) with these insanely popular body hugging shorts which come down to the knees. A basic pair in black can be paired with bodysuits, blazers, oversized sweatshirts for a sleek and sporty look.
- Striped- Stripes are the pattern of the season! Striped shorts are minimal yet have a fun element about them. They’re perfect for casual summer day outs and holidays.
- Tailored and Long- There is something so elegant about long and tailored shorts that they’ve returned to the runways and are having a major fashion moment. The impeccable structure and clean cuts allow you to style these shorts for a variety of different occasions.
Styling & Recommendations
We’re sure you are very keen on giving your shorts collection a major trendy makeover. Well then hurry up and head over to Limeroad to discover a variety of trends, textures and patterns of shorts that cater to every body type and budget!
Let’s now look at how you can style all these different types of shorts along with our favorite recommendations from Limeroad.
- High rise shorts: For times where you want to look polished, sleek and stylish for a formal occasion or otherwise, pair these black n white striped high rise shorts by Besivia with a white blouse, nude pumps and statement earrings. These dark blue side striped high rise denim shorts by MansiCollections are a style staple you need to own! Pair them with t-shirts, tops, oversized hoodies and sneakers for a comfy and cute look. These impeccably structured blue printed shorts by Meee! are a must in your collection. Pair them with a basic outfit and let them do all the talking. Take your high rise shorts to the club by pairing these grey sequin hot pants by Ashtag with black heels and a bodysuit to look fierce and sexy.
- Cut-offs and Rolled hems: pair these insanely chic pairs of frayed end cut off shorts by Mayra with an oversized shirt and nude heels for a street-smart look. Style these classic cut off frayed end shorts by Klorophyl along with a white t shirt and sneakers for a sporty look.Pair these olive high rises tailored rolled hem shorts by Sbuys with a button down and heels for a stylish and work appropriate look. If you don’t feel like showing much skin, these knee-length rolled hem denim shorts by Fungus are perfect for you. Pair them with a blouse and sandals for a perfect summery chic look.
- Printed: Printed shorts are a rage this summer. Let’s look at our favorite recommendations. These star printed black shorts by TrendArrest are a perfect mixture of cute and stylish. Pair them with a black blouse and heels and get ready to look absolutely stunning. Style these printed scalloped end shorts by Smarty Pants with t-shirts and sneakers to look cute in a jiffy. These minimal printed black cotton Bermuda shorts by Viral Girl are perfect for a semi-formal occasion. Pair it with a smart button down and heels to look chic and smart. Kick up your shorts game a notch by styling these white printed viscose shorts with scalloped lace ends by Patrorna with a fitted blouse and heels. This look speaks of elegance and class.
Ladies, this was just a little preview of all the beautiful types of shorts available at Limeroad! Upgrade your shorts collection this summer by shopping on Limeroad’s exclusive range of shorts available in a variety of fabrics, textures, prints and patterns at amazing prices and offers.