Party Gowns For Girls
Party gowns for girls are made up of dreams, hint of elegance and aesthetics silhouettes. Stylist and fashionistas look for party gowns which are trendy, unique and elegant at the same time. The key mantra is to be extravagant without being edgy.
Party wear gowns for girls are becoming trendy during cocktail parties, bachelorettes and weddings. Be it the Princess cuts with plunging necklines and puffed sleeves or the netted and silk fabric can be selected for flairs and layers can be done to give make you the best looking dame. A deep necklines with body hugging upper part accentuates the curve in elegant way is the main feature of party gowns. Pair it up with opulent crystals or stone jewellery to give that perfect diva look.
Types Of Gowns
There are nine major types of gowns like -mermaid and trumpet gowns, sheath gowns, empire waist, ball gowns and A- line.
They are characterised by difference in style and cut.
- Ball gowns- This gown has a fitted bodice and full skirt. It is common for Christian wedding with huge flare. This flare of the gown is supported by a frame that is stitched into it to make it protruding out. The gown is usually stitched with inner frame or starch support keeping the flares in place. A classic coloyr with rich details and lustrous fabric should be selected. The floor-touching full skirt makes one look curvy. These gowns are best suited for girls with hourglass shapes, rectangle or apple shape figures. It is a big no for tiny waist, slim brides. Silk and brocade is preferable for their fall. Pair it up with matching hair accessories like flowers and beads, embellished jewellery and ballerinas or heels. Right inner wear like bodysuits and corsets is must.
- Princess gown- The style is different in the way the gown flares out. It has a fitted bodice and is made of soft fabric that keeps flapping or dancing along with your body movements. Perfect for too slim and flat chest girls. It is best suited for tall and slim, pear shaped girls but strict no for apple shapes. Airy light coloured or self printed fabrics like silk, lace nets, chiffons and georgette are preferable. Crystal pendants or pearl jewellery with minimal jewel and stilettos are perfect paired. Built in bras or sewn bodice, cups are ideal inner wears.
- Mermaid gown- These gowns are fitted like a bodycon dress from the top till hip portion after which it flares down. A great choice for pear shaped and hourglass figure girls. This style looks aesthetic with low cut back that emphasis the figure and curves of hips and backs. Mermaid gowns add curves to straight line bodies and is best suited for tall, slim, hourglass and busty figure girls. But not for triangle, apple shape, bulky figures, silk, satin, organza or any ruched material withh be best preferred for this gown. Pair it with chandelier earrings, headset or tiara with watch or crystal bracelet. Shape wear like Spanx or bodysuit and seamless panties to avoid pantylines.
- Empire waist gown- High waistline with seam just below the bust and flare falling gracefully down the floor. These gown hide the tummy and so is perfect for even pregnant women. It enhances your body shape and looks flawlessly regal. These gowns are best suited for plus size and rectabgular figure girls. But not for pear shaped or inverted triangle shaped girls. South cotton, silk and satin fabrics are perfect for these gowns. Flowers in hair, headband and matching coloured jewellery are a perfect combination. These gowns usually have built in bras or wear corset and stockings.
- A- line gown- Simple and elegant suiting all body shapes. These gowns have fitted bodice until waist and fall out to ground in an A- line. Minimal silhouette and perfect choice for new year's parties or as bridesmaid dress. It is characterised by simple and classy and is best suited for almost all type of girls like petite, apple or pear shaped figures. But a strict no for extreme type like too slim or fat girls. Fabrics that fall freely and don’t cling is advisable. Diamond drop earrings with elegant necklace and tennis bracelets is perfect combination. Bodysuits, corsets and stockings are right inner wear.
- Modified A- line gown- Modified version of A- line dress. Fitted through the bodice and hip which gradually flare to the hem forming A- shape. These gowns fit closer to your body than the previous one. The curvy silhouette is perfect for shaped waist like hourglass, pear shaped girls with toned bellies. Even strawberry shaped girls and rectangular shape ladies can find these gowns apt.
- Trumpet gowns- Fitted through the body and flares at thighs. This gown is a cut between a modified version of mermaid and A- line. Ideal for girls with small waist like an hourglass and petites. Even a good option for strawberry shaped girls as the flare gives a balanced look. But not a good choice for pear shaped bodies. Airy fabrics like lacy nets with good fall are perfect. Pair it with statement earrings and delicate bracelets with hairdo completes your diva look.
- Sheath gowns- Popular as column dress, the straight silhouette goes straight from hip to hem with very minimal flare.The slight flare added, is tapered at the heels becoming a trail. It emphasis your height and curves. Sheath gowns add curves and volume to tall, slim and petite girls. A strict no for triangle shaped, apple shaped bulky figures. Airier fabrics like georgette, net and lace is preferable. Headbands, tiaras, studs with pearl pendants, a clutch with stilettos is perfect. Seamless undergarments like lace bodice and cotton are preferred.
- Tea length gown- These are shorter than the usual gowns, often knee length or extending upto the calves. It shows off your perfectly toned ankles and is best suited for pear shape, voluptuous, short girls and not for tall, hourglass girls. These gowns are made of fabrics like net, satin or silk. Headbands or hat with crystal clear jewellery and studded stilettos is preferable match. Bodysuits and convertible bras as per front and back requirement is preferable.
- Jacket gowns- This flow length gown endows a traditional touch to your attire. Specially helpful for winter parties. As it adds volume to your look with another layer so is best suited for very slim gitls or rectagular hourglass shaped girls. But a big no for pear shaped, triangle and inverted triangle shape girls. Fabrics like satin, Zara embroidered silk, and silk is preferred. Paasa or headbands with pearl drop earrings and bangles are preferred. Bodysuits and regular bras are required.
- Saree gown- Fashionable and trendy substitute for saree. The ethnic style gown is characterised by elegant saree like drapes. Classic fusion of Indo- western look. Best suited for slim and hourglass shape girls and not for triangle or apple shape girls. The usual drape fabrics like georgette, net and lace is preferred. Traditional jewellery like kadas or mang tikas with high heelsare required to complete the look. Bodysuits and built in bras should be chosen to give you the flawless look.
- Drape gown- The magnificent front split that drapes around the body, flaring out as an asymmetrical skirt. Best suited for tall and slim, hourglass, pear shaped girls. Fabrics with good drape like georgette, satin and silk works well. Embellished sets, bracelets clutch with studded ballerinas are perfect combination. Regular inner wear or built in cups or bras are advisable.
Choosing The Right Fabric For Party Gowns For Girls
After deciding the designs of various gowns, the next is the make or the material of the gown. As evening gowns have to be elegant, dreamy, ethereal so fabrics like chiffon, silk, satin, lace or organza can be used. These fabrics have natural beauty, drape and display exquisite femininity.
Different fabrics have different drapes, silhouette and cuts. Remembering all these and choosing the fabric that fits your requirement is essential.
Velvet- It is gorgeous, rich, shine, depth makes it perfect feminine sexy dress. Velvet is loved because:
- Smooth in feel
- Elegant and soft drape
- Strong and durable
- Shimmer surface
- Beautiful shine
Our pick- Marble velvet
It is contemporary take on vintage style. This soft and luxurious fabric has unique pile going in all directions. This create a marble effect, allowing fabric to shift and change colour depending on the light. Marbled velvet is perfect for evening party dresses for girls.
Satin- Popular choice for designer when it comes for formal evening wear. The opulence and chic fabric has beautiful shine, movement and depth.
Some other characteristics are:
- Highly lustrous
- Sleek and glossy face with dull back
- Can be made from cotton, wool, silk and synthetic
- Woven fabric with specific weave
- Multipurpose use like for fashion, upholstery, furnishings and beddings.
Our pick- Duchess satin
This satin has smooth, lustrous face that is typically composed of tight woven weaves. This smooth and soft fabric will slip over your body in undulating, subtle waves.
Crepe- The flowy, woven fabric is popular for graceful formal wear. Tightly woven weaves from twisted fibres makes it a ideal choice for dressmakers. Some other properties like:
- Matte face
- Slightly wrinkled look
- Grainy, texture surface
- Graceful fall
- Flexible, two way stretch
Our pick- French crepe light
This will give your dress a breathtaking fall and finish. The double knit, custom crepe is soft and silky to touch. Though it is lightweight it holds shape well and has body. It is preferred because of its 2 way stretch.
Georgette- Traditionally it was made from silk, but can also be made from synthetic yarns.
Some important characteristics of this fabric are:
- Bouncy, flowing drape
- Crepe like texture
- Strong and holds well to wear
- Tight weave
- Constructed from twisted yarns
- Slightly rough and dry feel
Our pick- Poly or Silk Georgette
The polyester georgette combines the sheer beauty of silk georgette with durability and strong colour reproduction of polyester. It features softness, strength with lightweight and sheer quality of real silk. The silk georgette is delicate, airy and has beautiful sheen because of thin fibres used in construction.
Shop Only At LimeRoad
So have you decided where to shop party gowns for your little ones, yet? Still wondering, are you? Head over to LimeRoad and make this fashion platform your one-stop destination! Also, don’t forget to download our mobile app to avail the occasional discounts and offers! Happy Shopping!!!
You can also shop from an exciting collection available for Women`s :- Cloaks Abaya | Dupattas | Ethnic Wear | Blouses | Churidars Salwars | Churidars | Salwars | Ethnic Gowns | Gowns | Kurtas | Kurtis | Lehengas | Petticoats | Salwar Kameez Suits | Sarees | Ethnic Wear Sets | Sharara | Shrugs Jackets | Shrugs | Skirts | Palazzos | Tapered Pants | Semi Stitched Suits | Stitched Suits | Unstitched Suits
Related search terms: gown design, wedding gowns, ressing gown, long gown, evening gowns, black gown, ed gown, hite gown, ink gown, silk gown, net gown, atin gown