Shots have been in use since the 17th century and even today, any party would be incomplete without shots. Having a selection of drinks at a party makes sure that the fun and laughter won’t disappear into awkward silence. There are drinks that can be used to make people relax and have fun. These can include fruit juices, soft drinks, and alcoholic drinks. Of the alcoholic drinks, there are some people who prefer having alcohol shots. We carefully add music, conversation, dancing lights and a whole range of many other things to jazz up a house party. But what makes it even cooler? Of course! Drinking games! What better ways to do those drinking games than some refreshing shots? So be ready to host a rocking party, with the amazing range of shot glasses from Limeroad.
One, Two, Three - Shot!
Shots are typically small drinks, especially of distilled liquor. Shots are great for parties, drinking games and simply having fun. Believe it or not, some people have a hobby of collecting shot glasses. A shot glass is made of a thick glass, particularly on the base. This is designed to prevent it from shattering when the glass is slammed onto the bar after downing the drink. We all get a little tipsy after a shot or two, right? The shot glass stands out from the rest of the glasses in the bar. They do come in many styles, shapes and sizes. All shot glasses are used to hold straight shots and mixed shooters and it is always good to have some extras around just in case some break.
Are you aware of the types of shots glasses there are around? If not, here is a quick guide:
- Cheater glasses: These are for those who are trying to cut back from heavy drinking. They have very sturdy and thick bottoms. They almost look like a plain shot glass when in reality they only hold half as much liquid.
- Fluted glasses: These are basic shot glasses with fluting featured on the base of the glass. The rim of these glasses are a little wider than the base and they are usually associated with whiskey.
- Basic shot glasses: Basic shot glasses are simple glasses with thick bottom and sides, which can hold just the right amount of liquor. These usually hold about 1.5 fluid ounces of alcohol.
- Tall shot glasses: These are narrower than the basic shot glass and so they are taller. They create an illusion of holding more liquor than the basic ones. These glasses are for people who do not like to drink a complete shot at once.
- Short shot glasses: They are also called pony shot glasses because they usually hold only 1 fluid ounce of alcohol. They are especially used to enjoy mixed drinks, where an ounce of a kind of alcohol is poured into a larger drink.
Shots are all about having fun. So to make sure you make the next party you host is a blast, have a collection of different kinds of shots glasses brought to you by Limeroad.